• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea" Movie Discussion

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Here's where you can discuss the somewhat-unorthodox premiere of the 9th Pokemon movie on Cartoon Network, "Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea"

.........Whoops.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Well, all I got to say is that this movie looks really good. Plus theres a prirate! ^_^
Oooooooooooh, my 300 post!!!! ^_^

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Compared to the others, it's quite funny. From Manaphy smashing into the glass window to Jackie swinging Phantom around. My favorite line thus far:

Jessie: "That crusty old crab thinks he's so smart, when we're poised to pocket those diamonds and pearls!"
Meowth: "Hey, dat sounds like a good name for a game!"

L. O. L.

Captain Arcane

Years
Compared to the others, it's quite funny. From Manaphy smashing into the glass window to Jackie swinging Phantom around. My favorite line thus far:

Jessie: "That crusty old crab thinks he's so smart, when we're poised to pocket those diamonds and pearls!"
Meowth: "Hey, dat sounds like a good name for a game!"

L. O. L.

LoL ^_^
Thats pretty good Hahahaha! ^_^

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
The Diamond and Pearl joke was probably the best one in the whole movie.

"I'm ready for some diamonds and pearls!"
"Let's make it through this season first."

Years
You beat me by two whole minutes. Shakes fist. Fine, but I'm taking the D/P movie one, darn it.

Anyway, deleting my thread and commenting briefly: finally a real villain, with actual Pokemon (a Bug theme, hmm).

Although, the Bashou, Buson, and Shiranui cameo blindsided me most.

Sparks

MasatoxSatoshi Shipper
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 19, 2008
Despite it being on Cartoon Network of all places, I thought it was rather good. We finally get a villain who has a set plan, acts on it and actually HAS pokemon. Some nice camos from D/P, considering I havn't really looked at any of them on other sites. All in all a pretty good movie, all that remains is to grab a torrent of the sub.

Let's hope that the next one will continue the above average trend that has been going on since the 7th movie.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Wow, I have to say that's probably the best Pokemon Movie I've seen. And... possibly the longest. Maybe it was just due to the commercials, but it seemed longer then the others. I found myself laughing out loud at several parts, like the D/P joke. And I loved all the Advanceshipping hints. The storyline seemed pretty weel developed, and the graphics were amazing. I would have liked to see some more Kyorgre... but thats all right. And, did I mention how hot May was in that bikini?

One thing bugged me. What. Is. Up. With. Swellow's. Voice!? That really irked me, but other then that I loved the movie.

EDIT: I forgot the other thing I didn't like. May being closed up in that pod is just... no. Shes in this little pod under lots of water, how bad is that? What if Ash had failed, she would have died then? And I know I couldn't do it, since I'm a little claustraphobic.

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

Years
I've been watching the movie, and so far, I think its extremely good! This one is probably one of my favorites! PIRATES ROCK ^_^

Years
I saw part of it I was kind of zoning in and out of the movie when I saw a another of my favorite pokemon movies on HBO Family The Destiny Deoxys One ^-^ I have'nt seen it in a long time. But I plan to see the movie tommorow for sure and record it on my DVR so I can watch it over again ^-^.

Captain Arcane

Years
Okay, after watching it 2 times, I had the chance to notice any stupid things, which I kinda have. K, theres a part where ash asks who the pirate is, and Jakie(the pokemon ranger) replies something like "He's Phantom the Pirate", then he says the most unnessesary thing right after that and this is the complete quote "He's Phantom, the Pirate, hes one mean dude. .............X_X DUDE, what the.... Know, I know some of you people are gonna think different, but I thought that was horrible. I think dude was the worst choice of a word. Know the last thing................... Why does Ash fly at the end of EVERY movie? I know there are some where he doesn't fly, but many have him flying around as if he's peter pan. Know, there is a fine line between fantasy and reality, but every time I see him fly.... thats when it crosses the line for me. Know, this still is one of my favorite movies, but enouph with the FLYING, its getting really old and rediculous.

And that people, is what grinds my gears. =P (quote from family guy movie)

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 9, 2007
Yeah pokémon ranger and the temple of the sea is one of the best pokémon movies i've seen! ^^ The phantom is an ultimate bad guy, best bad guy ever! he had the power with his Mega Suit or watever they call it in the english dub cause i've only seen the jap dub, english dub i've yet to see....but i saw a short clip of the english dub on youtube ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
You beat me by two whole minutes. Shakes fist. Fine, but I'm taking the D/P movie one, darn it.

...We'll see...

*WARNING-Possible Spoilers*

Neo Shadow said:
Loved it, especially Lizabeth, she's hot!It was full of cameos and DP jokes, [S-HIGHLIGHT]and Ash+May shipping[/S-HIGHLIGHT], great movie.

That actually bugged me a bit through the whole movie. First there's that obscure pun with the Luvdisc (I doubt most people caught that, though), then May cheering Ash on...not really meant as an Advanceshipping hint, true, but can still be taken that way...but then they made the realization at the end. Supposedly, Ash was flying because he had obtained the Sea Crown, making him King of the Sea. And Manaphy, the Prince of the Sea, believed May to be its mother, which in relation would make her Queen of the Sea, wouldn't it? So..........um, yeah...

Don't take me the wrong way. I actually prefer ContestShipping over AdvanceShipping (seems more canon to the anime itself), but this...

And I'm surprised nobody's made the more obvious joke about Manaphy's crying early on in the movie...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
Years
I liked the movie. The Special Effects were awesome. The Diamod and Pearl jokes were the 2nd best part.

The best part was seeing May in that Bikini! I swear she has boobs that rival Pam Anderson's! :D

Back