• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPC #28 - Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #28 - Scratch
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated

Theme: The Awakening

As some of you have already known, it was revealed that Mewtwo has a new forme in the new movie: Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens. This movie depicts Mewtwo in his original and new forme and in the new X and Y games.

Your task this week is to get a legendary WITHOUT an alternate forme and give it an alternate forme providing details, items and any backstory(optional). This is the list of legendaries without an alternate forme which you must pick one to sprite a new forme for:

Generation 1

• ZAPDOS
  • ARTICUNO
  • MOLTRES
  • MEW
Generation 2

• RAIKOU
  • ENTEI
  • SUICUNE
  • LUGIA
  • HO-OH
  • CELEBI
Generation 3

• REGIROCK
  • REGICE
  • REGISTEEL
  • LATIAS
  • LATIOS
  • KYOGRE
  • GROUDON
  • RAYQUAZA
  • JIRACHI
Generation 4

• UXIE
  • MESPRIT
  • AZELF
  • DIALGA
  • PALKIA
  • HEATRAN
  • REGIGIGAS
  • CRESSELIA
  • MANAPHY
  • DARKRAI
  • ARCEUS
Generation 5

• VICTINI
  • COBALION
  • TERRAKION
  • VIRIZION
  • GENESECT
Keep in mind this is ANOTHER FORME, not a pre-evolution or evolution. When spriting your new forme, you can also make it something like Black/White Kyurem where Kyurem needed to fuse with Zekrom/Reshiram respectively to gain its new forme. This is scratch work, but if you are not as experienced or require some help you are allowed to have a minimum amount of fusion while maintaining some scratch. It can be any forme you'd like with any name you choose to give the forme. Your design must be original as well; I'll be doing background research to prevent any theft.

Omits & Cases:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• You are not allowed to use the following: Mewtwo, Deoxys, Giratina, Phione, Shaymin, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo and Meloetta
  • No Generation 6 Pokemon including Yveltal and Xerneas.
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work; original designs and concepts.
  • Please specify which image is your final.
  • You must PM your entry to Logiedan. DO NOT post your entry here. Voting will be done by polls the following week.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 190 x 140
  • Palette Requirements: 26 colours max.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: A minimum of fusion is allowed
Deadline:
Wednesday May 1st 2013

This thread is open for discussion of the theme and WPC in general. Good luck.​

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Aha, I knew that's what this WPC would be about. Regarding Genesect being a viable Pokemon for this competition, however, isn't the entire premise of the movie that a group of Genesect have a new forme that allows them to move incredibly quickly?

Years
Aha, I knew that's what this WPC would be about. Regarding Genesect being a viable Pokemon for this competition, however, isn't the entire premise of the movie that a group of Genesect have a new forme that allows them to move incredibly quickly?

I believe you are referring to their Flight Forme? I've seen it, however there's not really any solid evidence that it's going to be in-games or anything. And I don't know if you can consider it a forme than a mechanic or ability. That's why I allowed Genesect to be used.

And to explain the omits, I omitted Phione because I don't think Phione was a good enough legendary (I don't know why it's considered a legendary) to have its own forme, however I think Manaphy has some potential. Zekrom and Reshiram don't have formes, but are fused with Kyurem. Other omits were for obvious reasons.

Also, I made the canvas restriction 120x120 just in case someone wanted to make something massive, you're welcome to create a forme depicting a small character. I think that happened with Mewtwo. And story is important; any details given will be in the poll below your entry.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hey, shouldn't you make a rule that the worked up sprite should be considerably different enough than the normal forme to be called a legendary? Else someone can work up a scratch sprite of a legy easily, like say Jirachi, and recolour it gold and call it a "Golden Forme"? I think that'd be easy since I find it easy to work scratches of already existing Pokémon.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Hey, shouldn't you make a rule that the worked up sprite should be considerably different enough than the normal forme to be called a legendary? Else someone can work up a scratch sprite of a legy easily, like say Jirachi, and recolour it gold and call it a "Golden Forme"? I think that'd be easy since I find it easy to work scratches of already existing Pokémon.

Well it's not a scratch anymore if that happens. :3

Well this will be an interesting WPC. Though this will be like one of the hardest

I'll try and make an entry if I have time.

Years

I thought that was pretty obvious, but I'll say it now. Yes, the forme needs to be considerably different than the original. If someone hands in something that isn't up to par, then I'll just tell them to redo it.

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
I just wanna ask because I don't wanna waste my time, do you have to be a good spritzer to compete, I competed in the previous one but that was just a recolour, I'm not terrible but I'm not the best, so I wanna know if I should bother trying, thanx

Years
Due to this challenge being not really user-friendly, I will start to allow some fusion. ONLY A MINIMUM OF FUSION IS REQUIRED. You must scratch for the majority of the sprite/forme.

This way you do not have to be an excellent spriter; I guess the main thing about this WPC is design and concept. I will extend the deadline if needed to compensate.

Keep in mind the size does not have to be relatively huge like I said before. The 120x120 canvas is for those who are daring to make a god-like forme. It can be a legendary like Groudon going into some smaller forme of a serpent/four-legs, etc. Basically you can make an amalgamation of this sprite with some scratch involved. Good luck.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Due to this challenge being not really user-friendly, I will start to allow some fusion. ONLY A MINIMUM OF FUSION IS REQUIRED. You must scratch for the majority of the sprite/forme.

This way you do not have to be an excellent spriter; I guess the main thing about this WPC is design and concept. I will extend the deadline if needed to compensate.

Keep in mind the size does not have to be relatively huge like I said before. The 120x120 canvas is for those who are daring to make a god-like forme. It can be a legendary like Groudon going into some smaller forme of a serpent/four-legs, etc. Basically you can make an amalgamation of this sprite with some scratch involved. Good luck.

That might put some relief on my head, although I'm not going for much. But I really want the deadline extended, as fetching stuff for this isn't easy, as we have to work out the design, like the case of the Eeveelution WPC.

Years
The deadline will remain for now until I get a clearer view of progress. I just also wanted to add in that those who choose to do all scratch will be allowed to do so. If you plan on using fusions, then a minimum of it is needed along with majority of it being scratch; that's what I meant. Otherwise just do all scratch if that's your intent.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The deadline will remain for now until I get a clearer view of progress. I just also wanted to add in that those who choose to do all scratch will be allowed to do so. If you plan on using fusions, then a minimum of it is needed along with majority of it being scratch; that's what I meant. Otherwise just do all scratch if that's your intent.

On second thoughts, I believe the deadline is enough for me to complete. I have made surprisingly fast progress due to the minor fusing. So I guess I take back my demand for a bigger deadline.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
this concept is really cool,i must admit, but i won't be participating. i tried doing formes of 2 legends, but i forgot, then i remembered(doctor who reference was here) i can't do scratch! anyway good luck to everyone :P

Years
Does anyone need a larger canvas? If this has a high demand then I will consider increasing the canvas. Keep in mind the sprite should be made for a 'game' and not just for show so you have to consider the dimensions.

And to repeat for those who didn't notice: this challenge you can do scratch OR scratch + fusion(amalgamation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back