• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Java][MMORPG]Pocket Monsuta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I herd u liek mudkarps?
Years

New pokemon mmo based on the PokeNet source, coded in java, still a bit buggy but thats what beta testing is for rite?

forum: -LINK REMOVED-

Key features:
  • PvP
  • Trading
  • Weather
  • Day/Night Spawns
  • Trainer Level
  • Fish Level
  • Breeding Level
  • Coordinating Level
  • /playercount command

Things to know:
HM's aren't implemented, because i don't like the fact that you have to remove a pokemons move just to cut a tree down. Instead if your trainer level is high enough, you can use the HM's without learning them.
  • Cut - Trainer Level 15
  • Rocksmash - Trainer Level 30
  • Strength - Trainer Level 35
  • Whirlpool - Trainer Level 40
  • Headbutt - Trainer Level 0

I also edited the rods to be usable only when your fishing level is high enough.
  • Old Rod - Fishing Level 0
  • Good Rod - Fishing Level 15
  • Great Rod - Fishing Level 50
  • Ultra Rod - Fishing Level 70

To play:
Go to the website and download the clients .zip
Extract the zip where ever you would like.
Then launch the pocket-monsuta.exe
Click start
Click register
Then login

Your site registration is separate from your client registration due to a special password encryption built into the client that php files cant read.

The website is still under development just like the server so stick with us.

We will also be looking for staff members that will probably be selected from the beta testers but i wont post in here looking for team members, if you are interested, play the game and be active on our forums.

We hope soon to have custom maps (we already have a map editor) and custom spawns, with some custom pokemon (sprite wise).

Come join our server and be the best pokemon trainer there is!

[This server is hosted on my machine so it might be a little bit laggy at times, we are working on getting onto a dedi.]

Screen Shots:

Quick Game Play video:
Spoiler:

The 'lag' in the walk is actually the screen recorder, sorry.

Contributors:
Spoiler:

Since this is an mmo and has no real plot or anything please pm me if this doesnt comply with the rules and how i should change it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
The screenshots look very nice though I wish you had done it with either 4th or 5th gen tilesets.

A word of warning, however, while Nintendo & Pokemon don't really pursue offline fan-games, they generally take a zero-tolerance approach to fan-made Pokemon MMOs. It's really only a matter of time before you receive an email notification (or simply no notification) and you will be closed-down.

I wish you the best of luck with your project though, you've obviously put a lot of hard work into it (in terms of coding).

Years
Looks like it has a lot of potential to be something great, however like the previous poster said, Nintendo can come down on stuff, but if you really put in enough work, I think it could come out great!

I herd u liek mudkarps?
Years
just added a poll on our forums,under the development and discussions sections, so please take a look and let me know.

Link to the forums from our website.

Last edited:

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
Years
I have to say, it's pretty fun, but it's a little jittery when your character moves. Other than that, it's very fun and it has potential if Nintendo doesn't pull the plug on it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2011
I briefly tried the game and it seems really good! Something that really stands out to me, however, is how hard the movement is. It pauses whenever you change directions and its a pain. Besides that, it seems like a great game and keep up the good work!

I herd u liek mudkarps?
Years
Yeah the movement script is a bit buggy, its basically u have to push the arrow keys 2 times to move at least one space, if u hold, u are basically rapidly pushing the button, so it still delays that one key press.

Im going to revamp the script a little.

SMA_H

The Dark Victini in Disguise
Years
Pretty Good.

Nice. Pretty Good.
I like it. But mostly I like the fact that I am only the seventh one to comment.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I really like this game so far. There are a few minor bugs here and there, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm currently up to the Sprout Tower. I'd just like to let you know that the route connecting Violet and Goldenrod has a trainer with a Lv. 16 Tangela there, and he's really overpowered if you think that he would be on a low level. I'd reccomend moving him to the other side of the tree so early players won't face him.

I herd u liek mudkarps?
Years
i think his pokemons level is a miss type.
Thank you for letting me know and thanks for playing the game :D

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
I usually support all games which are created from scratch, like this. Because a lot of work goes into it, and well, such games are likely to be much more enjoyable!

Anyway, I can't download the client but I saw your videos. First of all, I suggest getting a different video capturing software.
One of the things that I liked about this game was that, you were actually using the PC's full capabilitiy. I mean, most games try to mimic the DS, with dual screens etc, but you didn't do it. I was kinda let down when I saw the pokemon fighting scenes. I'm sure you can come up with better idea with the battle system.

Otherwise, it's a nice project.

I herd u liek mudkarps?
Years
Im currently working on getting more ow sprites and some new tiles, we have a map editor so im trying to find some dedicated and fairly good people to come together and make some custom maps and stuff on the side of the original game :]

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Im currently working on getting more ow sprites and some new tiles, we have a map editor so im trying to find some dedicated and fairly good people to come together and make some custom maps and stuff on the side of the original game :]

If you're working on upgrading the game in terms of visuals, I think it would be good to change the Pokemon sprites to HGSS sprites instead of using DP ones. They don't look very good compared to them, and considering that the game runs in both Johto and Kanto, I think it would fit very well.

I herd u liek mudkarps?
Years
Ill work on that thanks :]

(i actually have the sprites i just need to rename them so the client can read them.)

NatureKeeper

I think you should go with Rossay's warning. Nintendo hates online games. Unless you like cease and desist messages, have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back