• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Badge Challenge

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Username: BinaryPeaches
Game: Ruby
Additional Restrictions: None

I've always liked using Pokemon before the first gym so this is perfect for me! ♥

Last edited:
Years
Username:physi1
Game: Fire Red
Additional Restrictions: None

Seeing as I usually fumble through the elite four on the back of a legendary. This could be very interesting.

overlord tyranitar

The Yeti on the Silver Mountain
Years
Update no1 -note switched to gold over heartgold due to a little bit of instability with HG
Started with Cyndaquil nicknamed it quil, have done some grinding, beat the rival in the first battle and am currently in Cherrygrove

Current Team
Quil Lv 7 Cyndaquil Male
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen

Debris Lv 2 Geodude Female
Tackle
Defense Curl

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
First Badge Challenge - First Update
Ruby | Jackson
50px-Stone_Badge.png

So it begins! I begun my journey by picking Mudkip as my starter, naming it Riptide. Did the beginning stuff, defeating my rival and all that. Then once I receive my Pokeballs I started my quest to obtain my team. First was Zigzagoon who I had named Travis. Then after a little bit of finding was Ralts who I named Juniper. Once retrieving Juniper I helped someone named Wally get his own Ralts before continuing my quest. After, I caught a Poochyena and named her Mrs.OLeary. Then, I traveled through the forest, catching a Shroomish and naming him Coach. Once I hit Rustboro I went to the route past it and caught the sixth member of my team, a Nincada named Sync. I know six Pokemon are going to be difficult on this journey when many people only do three, but it doesn't feel right to me so six it is!

After acquiring my team I did a little training before taking on Roxanne. Wasn't difficult with a Mudkip and a Shroomish on my team! So the battle finished quickly, and I hoped onto the boat that brought me to Dewford where I am currently training for the second gym.

Spr_3r_259.png

Riptide (Marshtomp) ♂ | Relaxed | Level 16
Tackle, Bite, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Spr_3r_263.png

Travis (Zigzagoon) ♂ | Impish | Level 15
Tackle, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Headbutt

Spr_3r_280.png

Juniper (Ralts) ♀ | Naive | Level 15
Confusion, Growl, Double Team

Spr_3r_261.png

Mrs.OLeary (Poochyena) ♀ | Naughty | Level 15 @ King's Rock
Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite

Spr_3r_285.png

Coach (Shroomish) ♂ | Bold | Level 15 @ Miracle Seed
Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Spr_3r_290.png

Sync (Nincada) ♂| Serious | Level 15
Scratch, Fury Swipes, Leech Life, Sand-Attack

HM Slaves:
Nincada - Cut

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
So can I use pokemon from Route 116 and Rusturf tunnel? Also can I return to places once I get a good rod to catch pokemon?

Well, I hope this answers your question:

Pokemon such as Skitty in Ruby/Sapphire and Riolu in Black/White 2 are allowed since they are obtainable before you are REQUIRED to fight the first gym.

You can reach Rusturf tunnel before you are REQUIRED to take on the first Gym so that should work xD

Years
Update Uno:

Assessed my options by catching everything available before I challenged brock. Of the 8 choices(that I found), I decided to leave spearow and ratata out, leaving charmander, pidgey, weedle, caterpie, mankey and pikachu in. Defeated Brock and passed the point of no return. Have made it to Cerulean City and over nugget bridge. Training just to maintain level parity at the moment.

My current team (in no particular order) is as follows:

Beedrill Lvl 14
Pidgey Lvl 15
Mankey Lvl 17
Pikachu Lvl 14
Charmeleon Lvl 17
Butterfree Lvl 16

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
First Badge Challenge -Second Update

Ruby | Jackson
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png

So I decided that I didn't want to train anymore and went to go and face Brawley. Wasn't a challenge at all as Juniper easily took down all of his Pokemon. So then it was the trip to Slateport, dealing with Team Magma at the museum and making my way towards Mauville. Defeated my rival with little difficulty (that Grovyle ugh) and after training a little and evolving everyone went and took on Wattson. He was also a piece of take, Riptide easily taking down his Pokemon with Mud Shot. I'm sure this luck is going to cease soon, so I should see about training more between gyms haha. But next will be heading to the next gym which is none other than Flannery's.

Spr_3r_259.png

Riptide (Marshtomp) ♂ | Relaxed | Level 24
Tackle, Bide, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Spr_3r_264.png

Travis (Linoone) ♂ | Impish | Level 20
Tackle, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Headbutt

Spr_3r_281.png

Juniper (Kirlia) ♀ | Naive | Level 20
Confusion, Growl, Double Team, Teleport

Spr_3r_262.png

Mrs.OLeary (Mightyena) ♀ | Naughty | Level 20 @ King's Rock
Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite

Spr_3r_286.png

Coach (Breloom) ♂ | Bold | Level 23 @ Miracle Seed
Mega Drain, Headbutt, Mach Punch, Leech Seed

Spr_3r_291.png

Sync (Ninjask) ♂| Serious | Level 20
Scratch, Fury Swipes, Fury Cutter, Double Team

HM Slaves:
Nincada - Cut

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I wanted to try this challenge in Heart Gold, but here's the thing.

In the Violet City Pokèmon Center, a man gives you a Mareep/Slugma/Wooper egg if you tell him some phrases (also gives you secret PC wallpapers). Is this thing allowed?

Years
I wanted to try this challenge in Heart Gold, but here's the thing.

In the Violet City Pokèmon Center, a man gives you a Mareep/Slugma/Wooper egg if you tell him some phrases (also gives you secret PC wallpapers). Is this thing allowed?

if you can obtain it before challenging the first gym, then yes.

Years
My Leaf Green Update:

charizard.png

WAKAFLOCKA (Charizard) LV 44
pidgeot.png

WIZKHALIFA (Pidgeot) LV 44
poke-raichu.png

JAY-Z (Raichu) LV 44
57-frame1.png

RICKROSS (Primeape) LV 43
012.png

KATYPERRY (Butterfree) LV 40
rattata-f.png

YELAWOLF (Rattata) LV 13

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJz1234
Game: Ruby
Additional Restrictions: My team members must be decided before I face the first gym leader

Years
Update Duo:

Met Clefairy/Bill and performed mad science to obtain a trip on a boat
Tried to beat Misty. Failed.
Did some more training and beat the TM thief
Tried to beat Misty again. Failed, but with more success.
Determined to defeat that wretched Starmie I challenged misty once more, defeating it with my final Pokemon on 4HP

Badges 2/8

Current Team:
Pikachu Lvl 19
Beedrill Lvl 16
Mankey Lvl 19
Pidgeotto Lvl 18
Charmeleon Lvl 17
Butterfree Lvl 17

I've also come to realise that unless butterfree learns a bug type move then I don't really have any anti-psych considering beedrill would not last vs Sabrina. Add that to my slight underleveling problem and that should be one hell of an obstacle.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Okay, here's my first update. I restarted just because I didn't wanted Chikorita :D

~ Got Totodile as my starter (named Daniel)
~ Did the Mr. Pokèmon mini-quest
~ Kicked my Rival's butt (named Jackson)
~ Received Pokèdex and Pokè Balls
~ Caught Hoothoot (named John)
~ Went through Routes 30 and 31 with no problem
~ Caught Bellsprout in Route 31 (named Mike) and Geodude in Dark Cave (named Kurt)
~ Reached Violet City
~ Talked with an old man in Violet City PC, told him some secret password and got a Slugma Egg
~ First visit on Route 32: caught Mareep (named Alicia).
~ Walking a lot to make sure the Egg hatches before the first gym: so it does! (named Randy)
~ Went through Sprout Tower, and trained all the guys to Lv. 10.
~ Beat Falkner with ease.

Team so far (no movesets, I'm tired atm):

Totodile Lv. 10
Hoothoot Lv. 10
Geodude Lv. 10
Bellsprout Lv. 10
Mareep Lv. 10
Slugma Lv. 10

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Update on my Ruby run

I chose Treecko as my first partner
I then took the liberty of catching all of my Pokemon team members before fighting the gym (Which was probably why I was pretty underleveled for most of the early game)
I beat Roxanne easily with Treecko
Brawly was no problem thanks to Renee (Ralts)
Watson on the other hand... I had to go grinding a bit more since I have NO Pokemon that is super effective against Electric Pokemon. I taught Rock Smash to Maya (Mightyena) and had Grovyle lower the defense of his Magneton so I can 3 hit K.O his Magneton. Pure strategy went on in that battle. pretty proud of that feat :)

Spoiler:

Back