• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
I usually hate Fakemon, but i would like to design one haha.

Semyaza

Lurker Extraordinaire
Years
As plenty of others have expressed, I am also interested in seeing where you take this hack.

Out of curiosity, however, and if it isn't too personal, what part of the Navy are you in? I am actually a Boomer vet (King's Bay, GA; USS Rhode Island [Blue]) and it is always interesting to see other service members around these parts. ^^

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
As plenty of others have expressed, I am also interested in seeing where you take this hack.

Out of curiosity, however, and if it isn't too personal, what part of the Navy are you in? I am actually a Boomer vet (King's Bay, GA; USS Rhode Island [Blue]) and it is always interesting to see other service members around these parts. ^^

I'm a Nuclear Electronic's Technician currently in Prototype school stationed in SC. Almost done with my training and then I'll be heading out to subs, hopefully I get King's Bay too.

You have my support! Can't wait for the release. :)

Well, production is kind of slow but I'm pushing as hard as I can, especially since I'm the only one working on it!

Good pics and some unique features i cant wait for a beta or alpha

Thanks. I have about 35-50 minutes of gameplay including if you talked to every talkable object. Otherwise if you just did the main objectives, I'd say I have about 15-20 minutes of gameplay up to and including your first battle to get your starter Pokemon. My main objective is to get at least 2-3 hours worth of gameplay before I release an alpha. Working in great ideas for the story that I'm doing, as I work 4 hours a day Mon-Fri and in my free time at work, I'm brainstorming and story writing so. I'm hoping you enjoy the story!

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
It's a hard concept by many thinkers, but I have introduced evolutions to the eeveelutions. If you haven't guessed by now, your first encounter will be with an eevee. Since it'll be a starter, I have decided to give it a third evolution, mega evolution, which I have created for Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Flareon. I've decided to keep the ice eevee out of the game, because I'm sorry but water is good enough. They will ALL then have a fourth uniform evolution which can only be obtained through a long legendary questline. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Years
I love eevee and its evolution!! I'm interested in your concept about the 3rd and 4rd evolution of eevees, but I hope the sprite and the design stays true to the series..

Le pug

Years
I love eevee and its evolution!! I'm interested in your concept about the 3rd and 4rd evolution of eevees, but I hope the sprite and the design stays true to the series..

I had the sprites professionally done. So they will be true and they will (they DO) look amazing. If you're interested in the types: Leafeon becomes grass/bug, Jolteon becomes Electric / Fighting, Espeon becomes Psychic / Poison, Umbreon becomes Dark / Ghost, Vaporeon becomes Water / Ice (think it fits better than Glaceon), and Flareon becomes Fire / Flying (it'll work, ill buff it). The fourth evolution is a surprise and no, it's not going to be the fairy type sylveon

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
Looks great, love the story, and sprites look good. I wish I could get my game up already.... GRRRR. I am just unlucky Dx lol good luck man!

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I'll be pretty impressed if you can get 6 evos for one mon on Ruby. It's not impossible, but I'm surprised that anyone would pull it off and *not* go the full distance and add Glaceon as well.

Le pug

Years
I'll be pretty impressed if you can get 6 evos for one mon on Ruby. It's not impossible, but I'm surprised that anyone would pull it off and *not* go the full distance and add Glaceon as well.

Well I've worked around that problem with an easy fix that ties in well with an event in the story. I have it to where instead of a stone evolution, it'll be like a scenario where you choose which eeveevolution you want and instead just replace your current eevee with a new eeveelution that you chose. See, I don't know ... Glaceon just never really showed me any appeal, I mean why add an ice eeveelution when you already have a water type? Why not go for a different type that's not so closely related? Do you think I should add Glaceon?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Oh right, forgot about that old thread about changing species in Ruby. I thought you were doing something more sophisticated to get things to evolve properly- that explains it.

With regards to Glaceon I feel it'd be better to keep it, as it does have merits (130 satk stab blizzard plz) over Vaporeon, but it's your hack so do what you want.

Le pug

Years
Oh right, forgot about that old thread about changing species in Ruby. I thought you were doing something more sophisticated to get things to evolve properly- that explains it.

With regards to Glaceon I feel it'd be better to keep it, as it does have merits (130 satk stab blizzard plz) over Vaporeon, but it's your hack so do what you want.

I've never read that thread :P Another thing you could do is create a duplicate eevee in the pokedex so that if you were given a choice on which stone you'd want and you chose leaf stone or I don't know how you'd implement for like glaceon.. ice stone? Ha. But when you chose the other eeveelutions that couldn't fit the first eevee, it just replaces your current eevee with a new eevee which is also the duplicate eevee. But eh, I have a different plan in mind.

As for Glaceon, I mean I suppose I could add it. Doesn't hurt to

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I also think it'd be best to add Glaceon. It feels complete to have both eeveelutions from a generation rather than just one. While I'm no battle stragegist, I do believe there are enough differences between water and ice type to make sense. Besides, Glaceon's adorable! <3

Le pug

Years
I also think it'd be best to add Glaceon. It feels complete to have both eeveelutions from a generation rather than just one. While I'm no battle stragegist, I do believe there are enough differences between water and ice type to make sense. Besides, Glaceon's adorable! <3

Alright, alright! I'll add Glaceon! :t201-j::t201-j: It'll be no problem adding it and since you guys would prefer to see it with the others, I better listen to your appeal!

Le pug

Years
Hope this helps :) I've circled some things and been a bit more helpful, hopefully

Spoiler:

Alright, I changed the theme of this map completely and tried to fix certain things but maybe I created new things? Besides obvious tile errors, let me know what you think:

Spoiler:

Le pug

Years
Hey, do you have a beta tester yet? :3

I did but I don't anymore, if you're interested in being a beta tester fill out the following form and send it to me via PM:

Spoiler:

Back