• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I want to get both Agehunt (Beautifly) and Dokucale (Dustox), but it looks like this evolving by personality value thing is complex. Is the best way to do things just breed, save my game before I get the egg, and keep trying until I get the evolution I want?

It is much easier to just catch cascoon or silcoon in Petalburg or Eterna Forest. Cuts out the random wurmple evolution part. Good on you for using them as they are both great pokemon and are severly understimated.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
It is much easier to just catch cascoon or silcoon in Petalburg or Eterna Forest. Cuts out the random wurmple evolution part. Good on you for using them as they are both great pokemon and are severly understimated.

That may not be an option if you don't have access to those games, yes breeding and trying is the best way if you can't get one from these games.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Could anyone tell me the basics of EV training and how to find IVs?

Rather than explain about the Ev's I direct you to this helpful part of the Black and White FAQ. It has everything about Ev's that you need to know.

As for Iv's. You can find them by using an Action Replay or by using an Iv calculator online. (Metal kid has a pretty good Iv calculator. It requires you knowing information about your Pokemon though) Metal Kid Iv calculator

how do I register my Pokemon into the online Pokemon Trainer GPL?

I'm sure this is what you're asking so I'll post how to do it. ;-;

- Start the game
- Get to the Continue/New Screen etc
- Click on Game Sync Settings
- Get your game ID (Write it down or something, you will need this)
- Go the Pokemon Global Link website
- Register (It's all pretty straight forward from that point)
- Enjoy

If this isn't what you're looking for, then try being more specific idk. Hopefully I helped. :)

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Every time I try to wake up my Banette, I get an error message saying the download failed and the error code 31020. Nintendo's support page has nothing for this error code. Does anybody know what it means?

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2011
Wifi Issue

Hello ther everyone. I currently have a problem with my wifi/friend roaster. Some people on the fourm have experienced it with me because 1- They traded with me, 2- They battled me, 3- They were connecting with me. Also even when I try to battle random people online with that new feature.
However my connection with internet is fine when i use my browser, GTS, and Dsi store.
My error code for my pokemon game is 91010. I have looked it up and did it's solution, but it doesn't work and I don't know how to get rid of it :/
Please help me or give me a solution on how to get it to work properly? It never used to do it. :/

Also any mods. or admins. view this thread I am sorry if I put this type of thread in the wrong place. I'm still new here and trying to get my head around the thread area(s) of where things go. If you can notify me and tell me to move it a different part of the fourms I will do so. Thanks :)

Years
Black Team HALP

Hi there everynyan!

So I'm having trouble with my Pokemon Team.

Up until now I had;

- Serperior Lv 40
- Liepard Lv 40
- Simipour Lv 41
- Zebstrika Lv 38
- Victini Lv 41
- Unfezant Lv 42

Coming up to the 8th Gym I knew that my Pokemon weren't the best choice for their types, so I came up with a new team (currently in-progress);

- Serperior
- Chandelure
- Krookodile
- Elektross
- Sawsbuck
- ????

I'm having trouble choosing whether to add a Carracosta or a Swanna as my 'water' Pokemon. Carracosta is much stronger in the end but Swanna is also a flying type and is much faster, and I also have ground type moves covered by Krookodile.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice?

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
Hey, before I start, I just wanna say that you posted in the wrong section. I understand your confusion, but next time, post here. ^___^

Anyway, your team looks pretty solid so far, with a variety of Pokémon, although it's hard to tell if you don't tell us the moves that they have. In-game, your team doesn't really matter all that much, although diversity is they key factor to success, in my opinion. In saying that, I much prefer your first team to your second team - your second team has two grass types and two fire types. Although, that shouldn't really matter in-game.

I believe that, if you're going with the second team, that you should choose Swanna as it learns fly, which you will probably use very frequently. Although, if you're looking for another water Pokémon, although it's not the same, Seismotoad is very similar to Carracosta - but it has a larger move pool and better all round stats.

Anyway, good luck with your team.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
^ Adding to what the above said, overall, you'd be better off with Jellicent, but that's from a competitive perspective. :x (And if you use Swanna for Fly, just make sure its only purpose is for the HMs...)

Either way, although you've recieved one response already, I'm still merging this with Quick Questions incase anyone else has anything to add. When you've fixed up your team, post it within the forum the above poster linked so you can get more feedback. :)

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
I haven't used Wifi on any Pokémon game for a long while, as I have a DS Lite and WPE. I'm getting a DSi as soon as my friend buys it for me.

Anyway, the FAQ states that

If you import a Japanese copy of Pokémon Black, but your DSi is from America, the games will not work. The region in the game must match the region of the firmware on the console. However, the English versions of Pokémon Black and White do not have a region code set - hence, they will work in any DSi regardless of region.

and that

The regions are separated into five - Japan, North America, Europe (this includes South Africa), Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), South Korea and China.

I have an Australian copy of White and a US version of black. Will both of these still work if, presumably, I have an Australian DSi?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yup. Australia will work because it's region-locked to the Australian DSi, and US will work because it will work on any DSi. :)

Years
I need help please!

I want to use the Poke Transfer but I don't know how to do it.

I've got two DS's but I'm having trouble with the Download Play.

I need the exact steps to using it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
Need help With B\W lvling pokemon

Ok so i have beat every trainer i have found and am sick of the grinding before the elite 4...Problem is they wipe the floor with me each time i fight them my party is made up of

Colbalion lvl 43
terrakion lvl 43
Victini lvl 45
Deino lvl 48 [need him to evolve i know]
Archeopns lvl 48
Druddigon lvl 55

So i know most of my pokemon are to low of level but i am stuck on finding some way to level them up quickly! does anyone have suggestions?

Edit:Did i mention i really like Dragons? lol

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ok so i have beat every trainer i have found and am sick of the grinding before the elite 4...Problem is they wipe the floor with me each time i fight them my party is made up of

Colbalion lvl 43
terrakion lvl 43
Victini lvl 45
Archeopns lvl 48
Druddigon lvl 55

So i know most of my pokemon are to low of level but i am stuck on finding some way to level them up quickly! does anyone have suggestions?

Best way is usually either Victory Road or battling Audino's. At Route 10 if you run back and forward in front of grass, grass should start shaking and you'll face high level Audinos which give you lots of experience. Merging this to Quick Questions in case anyone else has anything to add, though!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years

Colbalion lvl 43
terrakion lvl 43
Victini lvl 45
Archeopns lvl 48
Druddigon lvl 55

You have horrible diversity. Half of your team is weak to Fighting types. Archeops wouldn't help much against Marshal since most of his guys pack stone edge.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
You have horrible diversity. Half of your team is weak to Fighting types. Archeops wouldn't help much against Marshal since most of his guys pack stone edge.

Funny enough the Fighting guy i floor each time with Dragon Claw lol.

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years
I need help please!

I want to use the Poke Transfer but I don't know how to do it.

I've got two DS's but I'm having trouble with the Download Play.

I need the exact steps to using it.

on your black and white game go into the poke transfer lab and start talking to the guy and save your game and continue you have agreed to everything he will start the machine up and your ds will send out a signal to another ds

on your other ds (w/ your 4th gen game n the cartridge slot) stay at the main menu and select ds download play and you will receive an option from your b/w game. select the option and that ds will download it and load it up, then a option to choose your pokemon will come up and then you will play a mini game once you have completed the mini game it will ask you if you are sure you want to send you pokemon over then it will send them and save your game. hope i have helped

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I need some help with Pokemon GL! I forgot my user name and tried to retrieve it, but it says there are two accounts matching my email address and it cannot give me any information unless I give it A) Screen Name (Which I don't remember) or B) Player ID. My question is, is there a way to get my player ID to show up again on my DS Cartridge? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back