• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Aqua/Magma Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Hmm I can't think of anything to talk about. Though I clearly like team magma's objectives, I absolutely love using Water pokemon. I like water type users aswell such as misty, wake and wallace (love wallace's design but I'd have a few sugjestions for his team...)

Defense: Nice defense stats. Only two weaknesses, both of which can be nullified by plenty of duel typings (one for each element except for fire).

Offense: With moves like surf and hydro pump your STAB can deliver plenty of damage. Scald may even burn your opponent making you harder to knock out while slowly dealing extra damage. Ice beam and blizzard takes out those pesky grass and dragon types leaving guys like swampert, lanturn, kingdra and even ludicollo to neutralize grass types. This leaves the only thing you don't cover is water itself. That's where lanturn and ludicolo come in along with non direct damage moves like toxic.

blue

gucci
Years
The perfect group for me, I love Team Aqua & Magma!

Username: Suicune™
Team: Aqua
Partner Pokémon: Corphish
Anything Else: Thanks for creating a club dedicated to the best villainous teams!

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Bump.

I always notices something neat from the pokemon 1st movie. I'm about 100% certainit's no way connected but in the bgining when Ash battles this random guy while it plays the pokemon theme theres a team aqua emblem on the guy's bandana. Sadly i think it was just a random skull/ cross bones sort of thing that doesn't tie in because he doesn't have any of the correct pokemon either.

Not overly intersting but doesn't seem like people are busy talking about much else.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
Years
Username: Yo Face Here
Team: Aqua
Partner Pokémon: Corphish
Anything Else: I like Corphish and I like water. Also, I hate Groudon since Kyogre is superior in every facet of Pokemon. :D

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
What a shame unova hasn't introduced many fire types. Only emboar, volcarona and heatmor can I name off the top of my head.Then again the water type didn't get very much this generation either. Looks like both teams would be at a dissadvantage.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ohaaayyy Richard and everyone~

Hmm... for Aqua we have nine families and seventeen individual species. Magma has eight families and fifteen species. So that does indeed put Magma at a distinct disadvantage for the fifth generation. This is of course counting dual-types as well as legendaries.

These statistics surprised me a great deal, to be honest. I was under the impression that Gen V had a lot less water types than anything.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
That is suprising. I would find it amusing to see a pokemon that shares the water and fire elements. As far as I can tell fire is the only element that has never been paired with fire. What you get when you mix magma (lava) with aqua (water) is land. So perhaps a pokemon that can spray out magma then spray water to cool it into ground? The perfect continent creator pokemon!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
But the entire point of Team Aqua is the expansion of sea. Magma will make land even without water- how could that be in any way a unification of the teams?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Funny how both of their plans end up in destruction. Full of water means no land, we humans shall perish under we live like in Waterworld(where I guess we live in boats or something)
Magma is pretty obvious. No ocean....you get the picture. Been in-active for a short time, sorry....thanks to college studies(don't ask), and love life...

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Funny I've never been 100% sure what causes the ocean to be salt water and whay arent rivers and lakes salt water?

Well, there is this legend about a couple buying a salt producing machine, and accidentaly put it in a a state that never stops, and tired of it of having too much salt, they threw it to the ocean and never stopped....

As to get to the topic of the group, I have no clue for a new topic. IF they were to move to another region...which region would you think they would prosper better in? (You can answer for either Team Magma of Aqua, or both)

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Team magma would have a natural underground maze if they controled sinnoh I think it's the only other region to have a volcano (I forget its name on the island with the batle tower)

Team aqua Would be at a naval advantage in unova since it's based off New York and has a large ocean nearby with two rivers and a secondary sea location with diving features.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Team magma would have a natural underground maze if they controled sinnoh I think it's the only other region to have a volcano (I forget its name on the island with the batle tower)

Team aqua Would be at a naval advantage in unova since it's based off New York and has a large ocean nearby with two rivers and a secondary sea location with diving features.

I agree with you every bit....now that school started, everybody is busy, including me I guess....but I got nothing. That volcano in Sinnoh, I think is Mt. Coronet? [Possibly just a long cave of some sort...]

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hmm... I feel like Aqua would be at a severe disadvantage anywhere but Hoenn. Perhaps we'd do alright in Johto, but that's mostly full of freshwater than sea. Magma would definitely do well in Sinnoh; friggin mountains, man. Kanto I feel is too... static for Magma to operate well. Unova would be a battleground though; the terrain is much more varied than that of other regions.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Well there's always oore (the one from pokemon XD gale of darkness)

It has lots of desert, canyons and even a volcano. Though the only aquatic locations are a single river that runs just south of the reaserch lab on the main travel map which leads from some point past mt. battle to the ocean where the only place you can sail to is citidark isle I think the name was. which is where you fight the end boss. You know... That gives me an idea.

That island has facilities that keeps the currents around the island raging making the island inpenetrable by sea meaning team aqua could set up base there. However it's also a volcanic island which promises the same luxurious benefits for us.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Eversince school started, everybody is less active. Even me of course, since being a Freshman is harder than it sounds.....fresh...eh.

If Team Magma or Aqua were to, indeed, move or expand their organization to another land.....would their outfits change? [Team Rocket's has either changed outfits over the generations, or they have a specific design for a specific job or position]. I haven't really been that much on Pokemon lately, probably since I'm starting to get into space and the black holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back