• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Dragonstone Version [ALPHA 1.63 FINAL EDITION]

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Mecha doll 2.0 blockage application LOLOLOL
I'm not sure if that's because you don't know how to script that part or it was done intentionally but that was really funny to see.

Kinda weird that they look like humans and were created for the sole purpose of blocking routes :P

It's not that I was too lazy to do it, but I thought it would be cool to implement Mechadolls into Dragonstone because they're good for automated things, like for instance a mail system can be set up using them :).

Alexander Nicholi

Years
UPDATE

Yes, after a long while, Dragonstone Alpha 1.8 is in the works. There will be two new towns, two/three new routes, and a dungeon called Equinox Cave. I'll go ahead and mention that one of the cities will have a huge hi-tech power plant where something interesting will take place.

Some screenshots:
peek01.png
peek02.png
peek03.png

Last edited:

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
This looks very interesting and promising. I will definitely start playing this hack, my only question is you mentioned something special about the Surskit? Does it have increased base stats or something?

Alexander Nicholi

Years
This looks very interesting and promising. I will definitely start playing this hack, my only question is you mentioned something special about the Surskit? Does it have increased base stats or something?

The stats of Masquerain will be slightly boosted, but the Pokémon's moveset will be better than that of some legendary Pokémon (like Powder Snow at level 10). At the same time, it will be somewhat challenging - it's not like it would be super easy or anything ;).

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
When I saw the name of the hack, I thought at first that it was a remake/revival of the old Pokemon Dragonstone romhack (the first romhack I played too xD ).

I'm liking this though. Looking forward to the finished product! :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
Nice looking hack:) I will try it today:) Hopefully you update it soon:)

Alexander Nicholi

Years

About the Title of the Hack

I know people are wondering why I decided to call this hack Pokémon Dragonstone.

I was running through the list of F2P and P2P stones from an MMORPG called RuneScape, and realized that almost all of them were taken (even lesser stones like Topaz, Jade, and Opal). But then I remembered the one fictional stone that sat in line between Onyx and Diamond - Dragonstone. It was purple--which I liked--and it also represented wealth in a way. To add to that, it fit well with Dratini, which was my planned mascot--hence the purple title screen.

So there you have it - I hope that clears up any confusion over this hack's name.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Looks amazing, can't wait to play it! The starter is interesting as well, though I hope it and its evolutions have better stats that they usually do... otherwise i'll probably dump it in the box pretty quickly. I also like the name and its origin, as I used to play Runescape myself.

"Kohto" is a very lazy name though for your region though, just fusing Kanto and johto together... :P

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
A hack with the same name exists. May be it is off the record. Everything looks goo in the story, work on graphics is required.

Years
Is there anyway you could change the color of the words you used to describe this hack or something? I have terrible eye sight and it is very hard for me to read it considering the background.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I've already commented on the title of the hack, so...

The region is supposedly located north of Kanto, so that's why I picked that for the region name. It bothers me to derive from GF's standard.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Ok, I am so lost. I got my team;

Lv. 11 Surskit
Lv. 12 Houndour
Lv. 6 Larvitar
Lv. 11 Bulbsaur
Lv. 11 Charmander

The point is, I only went to Professor Birch to get the letter, went to that cave, but I can't go to that gym, or anywhere else. And that upper route with grass, it has no Pokemon.

Back