• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Why do YOU play Video Games?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Whether your young, or slightly older, we're all gamers. But then, here's a question I'd like to ask - why do you play video games? Why plug much time into them? For you, do they hold similar values like music, art, or any other sorts of activities you do? Feel free to share all stories~

TY

I love playing video games since they let me slip away the problems i have irl. Playing games reveals a other side of me, a much more entertaining one i must say

Years
What shadowexcadrill said. Also, my stepfather can be annoying sometimes, i mainly play games to reduce stress. Also, because it's a fun activity i do with friends (Gmod multiplayer with friends only FTW

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Some people do it for the escapism, some people do it for the hype. But for me, quite simple sweetie, because it's fun.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I play video games because they are entertaining. They're a great way to pass time when I'm bored and allow me to do things that aren't possible irl. Sometimes I play games so I can become immersed in the virtual world, but that is usually restricted to games with pretty scenery.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I often do them for the fun and boredom. Other times though, like Jeremy said, I do often play them to escape reality. It takes my mind of the things that might be bothering me or upset me that day.

But most of the time, it's because I just get in the mood to play something, and I have to play it. XD

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I play video games to pass time, because they're fun. And also to slip in the world of the game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In my opinion, video games are in the same league as movies, music, TV shows, etc. We can live without them, but they just make life a little more enjoyable for you.

I play video games because they provide me with a good way to kill time, and they also give me some interesting topics to talk about when I'm around people who've played the same games as me. d:

Nakala Pri

I play them because, well, why not? I mean, it's a great distraction for when life get's hard, it's something we can love and obsess about, it can give you great inspiration for writing and drawing plus it's incredibly fun. ^^

Years
I personally play them because they're a good, fun way to de-stress. whether after work or just a long day in general. And because they're more interactive than something like TV or a book, it makes you feel a little more productive while playing, even if that isn't really the case.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I play video games to kill time, de-stress, escape reality... you know, the usual.

Back