• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So my favorite Pokemon has always been Marowak. And because I had decided to restart my original gold version, I wanted to use my Marowak. And I came up with the moves I wanted him to know, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, and maybe Rest. However I can't seem to figure out a way to get Marowak both swords dance and rock slide in gold version. I do have access to the red,blue,and yellow games. But I can't seem to think of a way to chain breed so that the cubone learns both Swords dance and rock slide as egg moves.

You can only breed a Marowak with Swords Dance in Crystal. In Crystal breed a female Cubone/Marowak with a male Charmander/Rhyhorn with Swords Dance and Rock Slide.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
In generation 5, will I derive any benefit from rock slide, rock smash or flash OUTSIDE OF BATTLE?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Rock Smash will break rocks and Flash will light up a dark area. Rock Slide doesn't do anything outside of battle. For future reference, us the correct thread, which in this case would have been the Simple Questions thread in the Black/White forum. This thread is for RBY and GSC questions only.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Was anyone using Sandslash as a sweeper in R/B/Y?

I mean, I had one in Blue, with Earthquake, Toxic, Swords Dance and Strength.
And, I remember it like it was yesterday, I sweeped with him through the 3rd Gym, and the last 4 Gyms, in which 3 in a row.

What do you think about it?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2022
Hey guys, a quick question on pokemon gold.

I'm trying to decide which water pokemon to train, I've got a shellder and a Chinchou who are both freshly caught lvl 20's. Their stats are as follows:

Shellder ( LVL 20 ):
HP: 47
Attack: 37
Defense: 47
Special Defense: 26
Special Attack: 18
Speed: 23

Chinchou ( LVL 20 ):
HP: 64
Attack: 23
Defense: 25
Special Defense: 33
Special Attack: 33
Speed: 36

Now I realise Shellder is ahead in stats at the moment but I heard that Lanturn turns out to be an awsome pokemon when trained. I'd just like to know which one would end up the better pokemon or which one you guys would train.

Thanks heaps.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just chiming in to say that I'd go with Chinchou/Lanturn. :) It's a versatile Pokemon, like MartianOddity said, and it's very good! I used one in Silver for a while, and it was a great team member.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If you prefer a pokemon who can learn a wide variety of moves, go with Chinchou/Lanturn. I can tell you that it is a total plus to your team. Plus, it can resist all electrical-type moves. Shellder/Cloyster has a double-type disadvantage to electric types because it's both water/ice.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Should I get a Silver cartridge and replace the battery, or should I just play it on an emulator, seeing as I can't send pokemon to Gen 3 or above? Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2022
Just chiming in to say that I'd go with Chinchou/Lanturn. :) It's a versatile Pokemon, like MartianOddity said, and it's very good! I used one in Silver for a while, and it was a great team member.

Yeah, I'm thinking of choosing Chinchou/Lanturn but will the one I showed you guys end up with good pokemon stats compared to the Shellder I showed you? I think it will :)

Should I get a Silver cartridge and replace the battery, or should I just play it on an emulator, seeing as I can't send pokemon to Gen 3 or above? Thanks in advance.

I replaced my silver battery about 2 weeks ago. It works fine and the process of replacing the battery isn't that hard providing that you have the tools.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Can you catch mew without the glitch, in bulbapedia it said trade, how do you trade it? if you can't get without the glitch.

and for trade question can you actually trade from generation I to generation II or III so on?
I only played the generation so I didn't really know

Years
I have a question regarding when R/B came to the U.S. I realize originally in Japan they had Green and Red then later Blue. My question is, while I know we got their Blue did we get their red or was it to altered when it came to the U.S?

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I have a question regarding when R/B came to the U.S. I realize originally in Japan they had Green and Red then later Blue. My question is, while I know we got their Blue did we get their red or was it to altered when it came to the U.S?

I heared rumors that the red and green from japan had really bad graphics and for the U.S games they used Japan's Blue graphics for The U.S games, and the box art is different. So yeah, I guess they did change it (by minor differences.)

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Okay, so I just captured both Lugia and Ho-oh in Crystal. However, I was disappointed to find that they didn't know their signature moves, Aeroblast and Sacred Fire. (They were at level 60 when I captured them.) Every online Pokedex I've checked says they learn the attacks at level 1. Is there any way I can get these two to learn their signature moves, or am I stuck with them not knowing them?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Unfortunately you cannot have them relearn old moves in the 2nd gen, which is most disappointing, agreed - I remember thinking the same myself when I played it years ago. >_< They only know those moves in Silver/Gold (or well, the one at a lower level/the mascot for that game ie Lugia in Silver).

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
My Yellow and Gold cartridge has some goldish tint in the connecters. Is there something wrong?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2022
I am playing pokemin gold and I need to know a good moveset for:

Rhydon -

Tryanitar -

Thanks guys.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Pocket Monsters Crystal Version: On the Japanese version of this game, I have the game card but how do I connect it to my cell phone to get Celebi? Or, is it only done on Gold and Silver? I have the Japanese Versions of them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back