• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Project GreyScale

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
This game is a WIP, and any content in this thread may be changed at any time at my discretion.
logogreyscale.png

Made In: RMXP
Date Started: 05 April 2011
Starter Kit: CNG's
Creator: PokemonPlatinum

Introduction
Hello. I'm PokemonPlatinum.
I've been working on various games for about 3ish years so I basically know all the kinks and qualities I need that come with this job.
My latest project is GreyScale, something of a recent brainchild of mine and a few other people in the forum, it will be a much better game than the very prestigious Pokémon Eon(I was planning on restarting this game, but I wanted to start afresh). That is our team's goal.

Story:

This game is indeed a sequel to Pokémon Black & White. There will be many references to these games throughout the main story of the game. It is therefore recommended that you have a play through these respective versions of these game.

The Legend of Azura.
In a twist to the original story of B&W, Ghetsis manages to get his wish and becomes the absolute and complete ruler of Unova, the weak minded people of the region let their Pokémon go as Ghetsis' will has corrupted their hearts. Little did the people know that Ghetsis didn't want Pokémon to be free for their happiness, but rather so he could be the only one in the region with Pokémon.
With his newly required powers from the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram and Zekrom he orders Unova's Pokemon to be migrated to other regions. After the population of Pokémon has been moved, Cynthia tries to fight Ghetsis but loses, the world begins to give up hope as a mass dictatorship begins to envelop the Pokémon world headed my non other than Team Plasma. Cynthia as the driving force behind the revolution and other superior trainers from across the globe goes to Sky Pillar in Sinnoh, praying for the God Pokémon Arceus to save their world.
It never showed.
Cyrus in the chaos of the world plunging into darkness has managed to gain control of the Rift Pokémon, Giratina.
Giratina then opens a dimensional rift, and Cyrus travels with the Giratina to Unova for a meeting with the Emperor Ghetsis. Ghetsis has managed to turn the bustling and lively town of Castelia into his own castle, the liveliness gone.

Giratina, sensing the power that Ghetsis holds and judging it as too powerful, appears in Castelia City and uses a Dimensional Rift to engulf the world to start afresh. An ominous cloud appears over each of the other four regions, and begins to engulf different parts of each region. Cyrus meanwhile is laughing uncontrollably as his new world is about to become reality without his command, he asks Ghetsis to join him, Ghetsis power-hungry and mad agrees, and they descend into the rift.

The legend ends with the quote, "the hero will return when the darkness comes again to engulf the world".

The records stop beyond that point. No one knows what happened to the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. Some people even question their existence.The Legend of Azura is still one whispered throughout the older people of the region.

The player is born in the town of Flora, a small town with a relatively small population. It is your birthday, and the Professor of the region has granted you the choice of 3 starter Pokémon:
495.gif
498.gif
501.gif

Snivy,Tepig and Oshawott!

Suddenly a tremor is felt, people are shouting and screaming outside. In the sky, a large dark hole can be seen over the region. The cry of Giratina is heard, along with a large bang. The rift disappears.

On the news later that day it has been acknowledged that the capital city of the region Aurora, has disappeared of the face of the Azura. You feel a calling that it is your duty to stop this from happening. You leave Flora Town with your rival, Amber who also happens to be your cousin. As you leave Flora you are approached by three shady individuals, who claim themselves to be the Shadow Triad. They give you a letter revealing that someone important wants to meet you.

~The Adventure Begins!

Region (Azura - アズーラ):
f1e33q.jpg

"A small region packed with mythology, little is known how the island has come to be formed.. but there are legends surrounding it."

Features:

• New Region - Azura
  • All new immersive story line
  • Sections of each of the 4 regions in a series of 'memories' of your past.
  • Custom Tilesets
  • New characters.
  • An all new game!
  • DLC - Pokémon, Story Extension and other cities!
  • All new Pokédex, with different Pokémon from each region making up the Azura Pokédex.
  • Dual Screen - Menu, Minigames, Fun!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Team GreyScale:

PokemonPlatinum - Leader, Mapper
Dimentio - Idealist, Some Mapping, Region Map
GAOlivier - Idealist, Concept Drawings
Lx_theo - Idealist

What we need.
Scripters, Tile Artists, Graphics Designers, Idealists, Spriters (OW,Trainer Sprites), Musicians
To join, use the form below and send it to me via PM:
Spoiler:

Credits:
CNG - Starter Kit
Lx_theo, GAOlivier - Story Ideas
Dimentio - Region Map

-PokemonPlatinum
:rambo:

Last edited:

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
I love the story of this. Very creative. It seems like it will be great game, just don't give up that people haven't noticed yet. That's what I'm doing with Harmony. If you need any moral support, just ask. I got your back. We drawing board members have to stick together!

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
I have :D. The game sounds great and I love the fact that a member of an evil team finally has some success, like in my game. I hope all three of us reach the showcase someday :)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Good thing you have Pokemon from all regions. because all b/w Pokemon look like trash, some b/w Pokemon look visually unappealing.

Good to see you have experience, this has potential then. Screens look good. region looks very fresh. looks very different from official regions.

(I wonder what the 3rd version of B/W is going to be called. Grey I guess.)

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Since you said that the game is a WIP, I'll just comment on the graphics for now.

The region map design is good, but the way it's been made isn't. The sea is good, but the land a bit too jagged. Try to make it smoother.

As you say, the first towns map is basic, but it's still good. There's a worrying lack of detail in it though. Like some trees not have the branches, even though it's a really obvious and easy fix. You also have three different types of grass/leaf colour. This would normally be fine, but they just don't seem to match.
Not to mention the tile which has been clicked at the top left. And why did you make it .jpg? All of the tiles are public.

The first screen is nice. It's good to see you're using CNG's kit and not Poccil's. Aren't those indoor tiles by Dew?

The second screen isn't that good, it's far too bright to see anything in my opinion.

Another small thing to not is, you say you have experience with other games for three years, but you haven't finished any. How do I know this'll be finished?

I hope you take this CC well, I'm only trying to help.

Back