• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Thanks very much for your help. I got the VBA and a fire red ROM. The only problem is that it won't save because it says that I need to backup the save file or something. How can I fix this?

Answers to most of the more common emulation questions (such as this one) can be found in the FAQ thread in the main ROM Hacking forum (link here).

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
If I download an .sps that does not support the same version of the game I have... Is there a way I can convert it to a .sgm or something and make it work? Or am I screwed unless I have the correct game for the .sps version?

Google a save converter (or yahoo or whatever) I found one that works great for DS gamesaves. Except that for some reason it doesn't work converting into the file type that says No$Gba.
It should be on a site called Shunyweb

Years
^Thanks. Will check it out.

BTW anyone know the answer to a DS emulator that can go up to 300% speed or higher?

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
how can i trade on pokemon diamond (no$gba)
i want to local trade

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I change a .GB file to a .GBC file so I can play the ROM in color? I know this can be done, as I did it before. I just forgot how I did it.

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
Simple. You can't. If you have GTS, there is a way to send Pokemon from the DS rom to the game using the GTS Exploit.
i ve been in the union room with friend atempting to trade but it freezes when "talking to dawn"

Last edited:
Years
Now 300%? =D You decreased the number =D
Anyways I think that No$GBA can go over 300 in battles 200-300 in buildings and 100-200 in outside. The speeding button is +
And also you can use No$Zoomer that should also make game faster.

Thanks :D. 500 seemed unreasonable so I changed it to 300... as I can play with just 300 if need be.

And that's interesting although the 100-200 will be brutal for outside as that is most of the games...

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
How can I change the place where I start my adventure?
Because with SMCA e go to the map that I want but not the exacte place that I want ;x

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
When I play pokemon Yellow on my emulator, the music is all staticy and jumpy. Is there any way to fix this?

btw I'm using VBA. Please Help!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 16, 2010
hello, so i'm kinda new to the whole custom pokemon game scene and a problem just arose for me.
Whenever i compile a script into my game (fire red) the game will no longer start. I usually get a message saying "the rom image has crashed"
i've tried multiple emulators and all give me the same problem.
I'm using PKSV to script.
This problem seems to only be happening on Fire Red because when i started making a game on emerald the scripts would run just fine and not crash the game.
Any one have any ideas as to why this is happening?
thanks.

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
thank everyone who tried to help me but i am now using Evolution editor so thanks

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
First off,my first question is are there any custom Dppt games made up?

My 2nd question has to be well i was a C++ and Lua scripter for World of wacraft private servers and i have a little exp...But i am not sure if this is the same or if it is a whole new thing with the pokemon emu world.I was hoping maybe someone can give me some links on maybe some info to get me started and learn a little bit about the pokemon emu world.

You can reply here or you can leave a vistor message it would be best for the Vm so i get alerted when you reply.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Look up pokemon Bloody Platinum or Bloody Diamond. (Bloody Platinum is better) since we can't give links just google it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2010
When you download a ROM it shows the name of the game, then the language, then one last thing. What is it and what difference does it make?

For Example

Pokemon Emerald (E)(Independent)

The game is Pokemon Emerald, the language is English, what's that last thing? There's different kinds like Independent, Trashman, Venom and so on. Is this simply the team that uploaded it?

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
is there any way i can play pokemon pearl on my pc?

Yes, there is. Download NO$GBA or any NDS emulator and run it there.

When you download a ROM it shows the name of the game, then the language, then one last thing. What is it and what difference does it make?

For Example

Pokemon Emerald (E)(Independent)

The game is Pokemon Emerald, the language is English, what's that last thing? There's different kinds like Independent, Trashman, Venom and so on. Is this simply the team that uploaded it?

I am not sure, but I think it is the group that uploaded the ROM and emulated it. I might be wrong :\

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
lets say i have two guys working on scripting a game... can 1 use pokescript and the other use XSE? or do they have to be the same?

sorry for idiotic question...

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
lets say i have two guys working on scripting a game... can 1 use pokescript and the other use XSE? or do they have to be the same?

sorry for idiotic question...

You can use both. After all, the game uses the same commands regardless of what tool you use to insert the script. However, the PokeScript scripts will have a higher chance of being buggy because PokeScript is outdated so I recommend using only XSE.

Back