• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Well I tried what you said but now it locks up when you try to talk to sudowoodo. The question I have is how do you enter in the script offset from the example you gave me in to advance map? I'm not familar with dynamics and I don't know how to insert the offset without the numbers for it. And I'm having trouble saving over the script now to try an fix it. I press openscript from advancemap,make the the changes, then compile right? Then Close PKSV? I'm mad at myself for not backing it up before I messed around with it.
The dynamic offsets give you their "real" offset value after you compile it, in a dialog box.

You shouldn't edit scripts you open from advancemap - this is extremely likely to overwrite other scripts.

You can, however, go on to the decompile dialog (the offset will be magically there), check the option in the "dynamic" box, and press "decompile", which will turn it into a dynamic script AND add a "jump" command so that you don't have to edit the offset.

Oh, and I forgot "waitspecial" in the script - added now.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Well my question is if you can't use Advance Map to edit you scripts,
then how do you do it? That Decompile method in pksv? I got it so it work like I had it before but when you leave the area and return the tree flag resets it's there again and starts over where you can battle him again. I don't understand what you mean about jump commands. I think I have to put a command in @org code3 so make sudowoodo disappear if you've already battled it. I'm sorta new at alot of this stuff so I might not catch it all. Thanks again.
Here's my script
Spoiler:

score_under

Years
Well my question is if you can't use Advance Map to edit you scripts,
then how do you do it? That Decompile method in pksv?
You seem to have something editable in your dynamic-decompiled output there. You just shouldn't edit scripts directly from AdvanceMap unless you had the dynamic decompiling setting on last time you decompiled, or you are going to decompile it again with that option, or you're 100% sure the compiled bytecode is the same or shorter than the orignal.

I got it so it work like I had it before but when you leave the area and return the tree flag resets it's there again and starts over where you can battle him again. I don't understand what you mean about jump commands. I think I have to put a command in @org code3 so make sudowoodo disappear if you've already battled it. I'm sorta new at alot of this stuff so I might not catch it all. Thanks again.
Here's my script
Spoiler:
Since you're setting flag 0x225, set Sudowoodo's AdvanceMap Person ID to "225".

Also, the bit I've put in bold you can remove when you compile it - you only need the first #org and the last jump if you want to compile it again - but if you're not going to edit it, don't remove that..

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Interesting. Changing the Personal ID made it work perfectly and I'll have to look at Decompling. I did have the Dynamic Decompling Checked. Thanks for your help.

score_under

Years
Interesting. Changing the Personal ID made it work perfectly and I'll have to look at Decompling. I did have the Dynamic Decompling Checked. Thanks for your help.
The Person ID in AdvanceMap is actually a flag number - if the flag is activated, the person is gone.

Cuttable trees and smashable rocks use temporary flags as their person ID - these are reset whenever you go to another map.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
I really need some help.

How do you Take your scripts from pksv, and add them to your game and stuff like that. I am new to all this. I'll tell you how much of a noob I am. I thought as soon as you opened your rom, made the script, and saved, that it was on your game already. I guess thats not how it works.
I have two scripts I want to make and copy to my game.
1. a trainer battle
2. Pokemon battle event
And one more question. How do you make a person to use the battle script and battle you? I'm using the script generator. Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
Hello,

I hate to say it, but I am another noob needing help! I am sure this is mentioned somewhere along the line. But after reading 5 pages, it all starts to blur!

I am trying to make a new event (I am just trying basic stuff to learn, baby steps.). Basically just a pokeball that gives an item. I am placing it on route 1. I use advanced map to place the event. What I cant figure out for the life of me is its offset code. I know there is an offset number at the bottom of the screen. But when I type that code in the offset box i get an error. Also I notice if i click on another event, one that was already there from the game, these two codes are different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Kyle

score_under

Years
How do you Take your scripts from pksv, and add them to your game and stuff like that. I am new to all this. I'll tell you how much of a noob I am. I thought as soon as you opened your rom, made the script, and saved, that it was on your game already. I guess thats not how it works.
I have two scripts I want to make and copy to my game.
1. a trainer battle
2. Pokemon battle event
And one more question. How do you make a person to use the battle script and battle you? I'm using the script generator. Thanks.
You press F9 to insert the script into the ROM (to open a ROM, drag it into the PKSV window - you won't get any confirmation, but that will open it).
If you put #quiet at the start of your script, it will only show you important messages in the log window, so you won't have to scroll.

To make a person use the battle script, there are 2 steps: 1. Use a trainer ID that you have edited in a trainer editor, and 2. After compiling, you will be given a dynamic offset list - there should be a hex number (0x-whatever) just after the name of the first part of the script, copy that number and paste it into AdvanceMap's script offset box for a person.

Your "Script Offset" box should now look something like (your number will vary):
Code:
0x8740001
And next time you load the map, the "0x8" will be replaced by "$" (this doesn't mean it has changed at all, it's just another way of showing it).

Hello,

I hate to say it, but I am another noob needing help! I am sure this is mentioned somewhere along the line. But after reading 5 pages, it all starts to blur!
Well, everyone is a noob at one point. The first few pages are outdated, anyway (back in the good old days of the commandline interface).

I am trying to make a new event (I am just trying basic stuff to learn, baby steps.). Basically just a pokeball that gives an item. I am placing it on route 1. I use advanced map to place the event. What I cant figure out for the life of me is its offset code. I know there is an offset number at the bottom of the screen. But when I type that code in the offset box i get an error. Also I notice if i click on another event, one that was already there from the game, these two codes are different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Kyle
If you want to make an item in a pokeball, the script you would use is:
Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 POTION 'A Potion
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 1 'One of them
callstd MSG_FIND ' Does the MSGBOX, ADDITEM, DISAPPEAR, and SETFLAG for you.
end
Then to stop the pokeball reappearing, set its "Person ID" in AdvanceMap to an unused flag - you can record your flag usage in PKSV's flag list, if you haven't used any yet it's best to start with 0x200 or similar.

My reply above will probably help with inserting scripts from PKSV with AdvanceMap.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
I tried doing script for entei now and I used the script generator, battle pokemon , but when I decomplie it all it says is a bunch of raw 0XFF lines and then crashes. Do I have to put #org @start in the first line in the decompling box

Spoiler:

this is all gone when you decompile it and gives a jump 0xFFFFFFFF I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with the dyn# in the offset box or what.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Ok and how about making a pokemon event. what do I have to do. I want to battle lugia on route 1. Thanks.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Ok and how about making a pokemon event. what do I have to do. I want to battle lugia on route 1. Thanks.
i dont know why you would want that but you have two chocies A use pksv script generater and the battle wild pokemon or use poketronic and edit a difent legendary or copy birth islands lugias script and past it on route one

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
i dont know why you would want that but you have two chocies A use pksv script generater and the battle wild pokemon or use poketronic and edit a difent legendary or copy birth islands lugias script and past it on route one

LIES, XSE is also an option.
And I don't see why anyone would use Poketronic anymore... OLD tool

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
sorry but this is pksv thread not xse and osseously this person is a beginner a pksv is better for beginners and just because its old dosent mean its not good

I am just saying XSE because you don't learn anything from a script generator, and hackers today won't make it anywhere if they don't learn anything.
How do you think Liquid Crystal and Shiny gold were made, script generators? I think not. (And the scripters for those hacks were beginners at one point, now they are GREAT at scripting, because they practiced.)
Yes, I am an XSE fanboy, but only because it teaches you things, not does everything for you.
/discussion

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I am just saying XSE because you don't learn anything from a script generator, and hackers today won't make it anywhere if they don't learn anything.
How do you think Liquid Crystal and Shiny gold were made, script generators? I think not. (And the scripters for those hacks were beginners at one point, now they are GREAT at scripting, because they practiced.)
Yes, I am an XSE fanboy, but only because it teaches you things, not does everything for you.
/discussion
yeah but for a quick script its oaky thats why they have generators

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012

I'm doing it just to test some stuff. I just want to see how that would work. Thanks for the info.

Oh and one more thing. I used the script generator to make a script where you find a pokeball with 15 masterballs in it. When I Tested it in the emulator, It was a person, and not a pokeball and the game crashed when I tried to see what would happen if I talked to it.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
your welcome hope it helps if your just testing try reading and editing old scripts and see what your changes do this was usefull to me when I started learning

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Ok there is one more thing I am stuck on.
When I put the flag to 0x200 Is that exactly what I put into advanced map? Do I put the 0x200 or just 200 or 0200? Thats the last thing I'll need help with. Oh and what type of event do I pick in advanced map for pokemon battles? Sorry I'm such a noob.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Ok there is one more thing I am stuck on.
When I put the flag to 0x200 Is that exactly what I put into advanced map? Do I put the 0x200 or just 200 or 0200? Thats the last thing I'll need help with. Oh and what type of event do I pick in advanced map for pokemon battles? Sorry I'm such a noob.
in the pesone event put 0200 and if you want the wild battle to activate when you click a on a ow sprite the script should be a person event if you want the wild battle to start when you step on a tile then just a script event hope this help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back