• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Stacking status conditions would be a terrible idea. I would say why, but it's already been said to a good extent.

As for making conditions like Burn more severe, I don't see why it should. Logically speaking, there should be more severe burns, paralysis, and sleeping condition moves, but each of these have secondary effects unlike poison which just takes away your HP every turn. So, I feel like in that way it's already pretty well balanced.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
For being poisoned there is already "normal" poisoned and severly poisoned, so in a way it's a more serious form of the same illment. I think this would only work for burnt though, because how would being asleep, frozen or paralyzed change or become more severe?
Indeed. Just what I want to do, cause an opponent to be severely frozen instead of just the basic frozen.

Granted, being frozen is sometimes useless. It can thaw immediately.

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I'm not so sure about the stacks of the [ FRZ ] status myself...

I mean, I want to ask the question that was asked from the other post(s); how can a pokemon become even more frozen than it already has? I mean, I would like to think that poison makes the most sense, because there is even more severe and life-threatening types of poison than others, but, I'm not sure if that applies to frozen.

Well, the only way that I see a more severe "frozen" status is that, a pokemon can be frozen in an extremely low temperature than the temperatures that would take for a pokemon to be frozen, like, say, liquid nitrogen having a boiling point of −196 °C, where it can rapidly freeze a pokemon's tissue on contact. And then, if a move would hit, it would shatter instantly, where it also "shatters" a pokemon instantly?

...This made more sense in my mind. @_@

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
So anyone else see the rumor going around that shows the zangoose evolution and pre evolution along with a 3d image of what may big ben and a building near it?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@The stacking freeze status, that would just be...ridiculously overpowered. If you could manage to stack that freeze, and any hit would theoretically shatter it, that's almost introducing death into the game. It's not fainting if it's shattered into pieces. Definitely don't see that happening ever.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
...This is the first time I've heard of this rumour as well. o_O Zangoose shouldn't have an evolution, since it's already ridiculously strong as it is...

Minus the four move slot syndrome thing, but yeah it's rather strong =P I wouldn't mind a pre-evolution for it and Seviper though (since they kind of go hand in hand). But yes, a link to this rumor would be wonderful.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If Zangoose and Seviper get evolutions, I wonder if they will remain lifelong rivals or if they will be at peace. I think it would be ironic if the former rivals, once both evolved, respect each other.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If Zangoose and Seviper get evolutions, I wonder if they will remain lifelong rivals or if they will be at peace. I think it would be ironic if the former rivals, once both evolved, respect each other.

Cyclone
All I hope is that they both receive evolutions (if one gets it the other has to!) I assume they'll still be fighting, though...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Besides, if we're talking about pairs evolving, then why not give Plusle and Minun evos too, just out of curiosity and see what it would be like? :x

Pikachu clones, apparently, don't receive evolutions, which has become yet another traditional pattern on the dex roster alongside of the regional rodent/bird and early route bug types.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Besides, if we're talking about pairs evolving, then why not give Plusle and Minun evos too, just out of curiosity and see what it would be like? :x

Forget all other Pikachu copies, i think Plusle and Minun deserve an evolution!
But it really is odd how they are not officially connected somehow to each other...especially when you look at pachirisu, who is basically a squirrel, and emolga, who is basically a...flying squirrel?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Eh yeah. Sometimes I wonder why Pachirisu doesn't kind of evolve into Emolga, considering they're similar to each other in that aspect. @_@;;

It actually kind of makes you wonder what the Pikachu clone in this generation might be huh? xD
An underground Electric squirrel. No?

The reason Emolga doesn't come from Pachirisu is simple: Unova is a stand-alone generation at the time B/W came out. Nothing connects to past generations. It's like the difference between New York and Tokyo.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Um, I'm not quite sure where you're getting at with the "nothing connects to past generations". oo; If Gamefreak really wanted to, they could've done so already, there's very little separating the two squirrels aside from....well..their region?? I mean, it would make perfect sense, it would kind of be like the whole Luvdisc/Alomomola scenario, where we figure one is an evolution of another but it really isn't, but should be. That kinda stuff.

I think the point he was trying to make was that Unova was considered a new start, so nothing would be related to anything from past generations. With that logic, Pachirisu and Emolga wouldn't be related, even with a similar appearance, because they aren't both from Unova. At least I'm assuming that's what Cyclone meant, but feel free to correct me!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping that instead of a new electric rodent line we get an pre/evolution or pre/evolutions to an older line sort of like generation 2 which had Pichu for it's electric rodent. If not then they should make a stage line like Gen 1.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Gamefreak themselves said no Pokemon from Generation 5 has any tie into the generations before. You'll just have to accept that they aren't related.

Also, Marill has an evolution, so the Pikachu Clones do have at least one that evolved. Marill is the supposed Pikachu Clone for Gen 2 despite it being water typed, its still an elemental mouse and was originally the mascot for Gen 2.

As for pairs that evolve without the other evolving, Jynx didn't get an evolution when she was part of a trio with Electabuzz and Magmar. People have sense written her out, but she was part of that trio. Gloom got a split evolution while Weepinbel didn't, and like the Jynx/Magmar/Electabuzz trio, they were an unofficial pair.

You also have Dusclops who evolved in Gen 4 while his supposed pair Bannett didn't get an evolution. So they've done this a few times. Its not something unheard of.

Zangoose getting add ons doesn't mean much other than Zangoose gets an add on. He's not in a pair with Seviper rather he's a rival to seviper. They can still evolve without one another.

As for officially recognized pairs or Tag Battle Pokemon, it would seem a little weird if one got an evolution when the other doesn't, though that's only like 3 lines. Illumise/Volbeat (since they share an egg), Plusel/Minun, and the Nidotwins. If they aren't like these three I can see only one evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back