• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - February 2009

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Never Black&White

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Pokémon Thunder Emblem

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • Pokémon White

Votes: 17 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Thunder emblem because of the great scripts and title screen ( current one )
if never b/w was in english, then i would vote for that.

Wow I don't see the point of people posting what they voted for and why but why not?
Thunder Emblem FTW

Thunder Emblem is IMO the best hack of those three...
To those of you who voted for Thunder Emblem, I am interested in hearing your opinions on why it deserves the HotM award. Mac_Mini and Scalfittura didn't give reasons and pokedialga's reason for not voting for NB&W isn't a valid reason. 1) There is an English translation available and 2) even if there wasn't, the language that the hack is made in has little to do with the overall quality of the hack in my opinion.
Anyways, I would like to hear some opinions from the TE supporters. I believe that this thread should be used for discussion, rather than just a place to publicly announce your vote. If any of the 42 people (at the time of writing) who voted for Thunder Emblem could tell us why they voted the way they did, it would be most appreciated.

P.S. If you voted for White, you can also share your opinion on the subject but I am specifically looking for responses from people who voted for Thunder Emblem.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
i would have voted for black and white but its in spanish so i voted for thunder emblem. i sepecially like the battle backgrounds in thunder emblem

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
i would have voted for black and white but its in spanish so i voted for thunder emblem. i sepecially like the battle backgrounds in thunder emblem

Need I repeat myself?
1) There is an English translation available and 2) even if there wasn't, the language that the hack is made in has little to do with the overall quality of the hack in my opinion.
Seriously, if you aren't aware that there's an English version available, chances are you haven't even checked the NB&W thread. If you're going to take this competition seriously, you should at least look at the first post of each eligible hack. Your vote shouldn't be valid if you just vote off of the top of your head. Take some time to consider each hack's positives and negatives before voting please.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
So yall want an answer colcolstyles?
Well I voted for it because of the amazing graphics and exceptional scripting.
Good enough for ya?
Sounds good colcoly

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well I voted for it because of the amazing graphics and exceptional scripting.
Exceptional scripting? You've gotta be kidding me.
From what little I could stand of the first part of Beta 1, I noticed that the scripting was far from "exceptional". The textboxes used multiple instances on "\n" and "\l", there was a noticeable lack of sound (especially when I received a pikachu without even the jingle), and I found several scripts that were left unchanged which is just disgusting. On top of that, when I opened up the menu in Oak's lab, it caused a glitch that forced me to shut off my game and start over. The scripting in both NB&W and White is light years ahead of Thunder Emblem's scripting.
I can't argue with you on the graphics not because they're good but because art is interpretable and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know that I, for one, enjoyed Never Black & White's graphics MUCH more than I did Thunder Emblem's. Even White's graphics appealed to me more than TE's.
Still, you've got your opinion and I can't change that. I hope for your sake you believe you made the right choice.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Pokémon Never Black & White is February's Hack of the Month. Congratulations to ҳ̸ҲRichie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back