• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your least used type.

Years
I generally don't use Bug types too often at all. The same can be said for Dark types, too- and Rock types. For all their defensive hype, they generally haven't done too well for me.

Otherwise I tend to use a wide enough variety of types across the games I own, though I'll almost always use a Fire type of some kind.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
I seldom use Bug, Grass, or Poison type Pokémon because I find their overall designs goofy and their overall type coverage rather lacking.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I tend to not use Bug types (although I always want to train one up to keep for the rest of the game like Dustox or something, and I used Galvantula in my White playthrough)
Steel types I didn't use for a long time until I discovered Excadrill
Dark types always seem useless to me, usually I just have a pokemon on my team that knows Bite or Crunch or some other Dark Type attack.
And last but not least - Poison. Is there a more useless type?

Years
Hm.. poison, bug, steel, I guess. I'm just not a fan of those first two types much and there aren't many steel types that are available early enough. :(

tnfsf11

Normal, and Flying ofc, since nearly every Flying type poke is semi Normal, except legendaries maybe.
The ONLY 2 Normal pokes I used were Rattata, which wasn't optional because I was nuzlocking, and Clefairy, because back when I was a noob I used to save state all the time while playing Pokemon to get a good move outta Metronome xD

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I use Bugs, Ghosts and Normals less than anything else, if at all. The obvious exceptions are my current and previous teams. As I used Joltik and I'm currently using Leavanny.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Rock-types for me, not a lot of them really appeal to me and I find that Ground-types can do the same as them, but better, honestly.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
There seem to be a few I tend to skip over, or only use because it's a secondary type. I have nothing against them, but they just seem to be less important than others.

Steel.
Dark.
Bug.
Ghost.
Rock.

Ironically, my current Black 2 team consists of Escavalier, Graveler and Litwick. I've been trying to use Pokémon I never had the chance to the first time around, which explains the current team being made up of abnormalities.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
You'll very rarely see me using:

- Normal-types, as they're mostly useless for an actual fight. They're the so-called jack of all trades, master of none. I prefer going through battles with a surgical approach, not a brute force approach.

- Poison-types, as they're only most effective against grass-types, which are already weak against a lot of other types. Also, the only poison-type move that really matters, which would be Toxic, can be learned by a lot of other Pokémon, not just those Poison-types.

Years
The two that I use the least would have to be Electric and Rock types.

I never really use any Electric Pokemon since none of them appeal to me- I'll generally give any Electric type moves to non-Electric Pokemon. As for Rock, they seem to have way too many weaknesses, so I usually just stay away from them.

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
I rarely use Poison-type Pokémon, why use a type which is only super effective on Grass-type Pokémons..
And besides, there's no Poison-type Pokémon I really like by its looks..

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Easily Ghost types. I always find them when my team is full and I don't really care for the type too much.

I also don't use Bug and Ice types very much.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
A couple of members have reminded me of types I don't use either.

Along with Normal, Ghosts and Bug. I also rarely use Poison and Ice.

Lol. Thanks guys.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
My least used type would be Ghost. Most of their designs are not that good, and their moves can't hit normal types.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm fairly certain that it is either Steel, Fighting, Poison, or Rock but I can't be sure. I have used at least one Pokemon from each type but definitely not as often as the other types. It's not that I don't like the types it is just that I tend to consider other Pokemon with other types before these.

Years
The type i least use is poison, and the second grass, in the case of the posion, because except for the sludge bomb they don't have many good attacks; in the case of the grass i guess its because they have important weaknesses (fly, ice, fire) and in general they are slow (i now there are some type grass fast, but not many)

Back