• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
What. The. Hell.

I have been giggling uncontrollably for the last ten minutes because of this.

The most important thing is that it hints at a more intense and darker story than before, so awesome. I don't even know what to say. Mind=blown.

Thanks @ kohei for the youtube video with the subtitles and @ manutdrule for the Arcanine gif lawl

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It was so AWESOME!
I was overwhelmed by its EPICness!
I mean, for the first time, we see anime-like trailer for game and this comes out!
I loved everything about it, HOT Elesa, cool N, Lucario (:D), badass Cheren :D
And still the fact that Belle and Cheren exchanged glasses must mean that they're going out xD
I'm so excited! I so wanna play it right now :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Nice Wingulls XD

I honestly wonder who's behind the new Plasma! The fact that their logos and theme music are still the same emans that they have just been redesigned- they must have some other goal as well. And I'm also happy to see that the Shadow Triad aren't going to fade into obscurity as wasted characters, hopefully their existence will have a point in this game.

And Bianca is so Kawaaii desu it hurts XD

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Okay that was pretty awesome....that actually looked better than the movies!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As sad as this will sound, the budget for that trailer is probably the same amount as the budget for one full anime episode. It would be nice for them to be able to make the Anime like that, but no way in hell do they have the production money to support that kinda Animation. The Movies have always had better animation than the tv episodes because of a higher budget.

It costs a lot of money for that very short trailer.

Years
I am really impressed with this trailer. The animation is very smooth and hasn't just been thrown together to hype up the game; they have really worked on it.

Anyone else think there could be actual animation cut scenes in the games now of this quality?​

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Nice Wingulls XD

I honestly wonder who's behind the new Plasma! The fact that their logos and theme music are still the same emans that they have just been redesigned- they must have some other goal as well. And I'm also happy to see that the Shadow Triad aren't going to fade into obscurity as wasted characters, hopefully their existence will have a point in this game.

And Bianca is so Kawaaii desu it hurts XD
Yeah, I quite like it. I wonder if the Shadow Triad didn't assume some control there...?

Also have a translation posted by Adam Ant of sppf, as I figure some people may find it interesting.
I translated the script

Enjoy:

Natural: I wonder what kind of path you and your Pokemon aim for?

*Scene change*

B2W2 Rival: Alright! We're on our way to receive our Pokemon!

B2W2 Protagonist: Yup!

Protagonist: And you are....?

DD(Different Dimension) Bel: Ahhh, I'm so Glad we could meet! *Giggles* Ta-daaa~ Inside this is the Pokemon you will partner with.

*Scene Change*

Akuroma: [kano?] Team Plasma was there. Accepting the possibilities Pokemon possess, they say Pokemon should be released from humanity's control. That, is not my way of thinking.

*Scene Change*

Kamitsure: Welcome to this stage! My beloved Pokemon, and your Pokemon........which shall truly shine? Let's (find out) here(and now)! Note. she says ''koko de something-mashou'' not too sure, but what I used fits, I guess.

*Scene Change*

Habunake-Plasma Girl: *Laughter* Let me congratulate you, for reaching this far; but, given there are so many of us present here, kindly consider surrendering.

B2W2 rival: I'll say this much; I'm starting to get angry...

Gym Leader Cheren: Tch, they're only troublesome due to their number of them present.

B2W2 rival: This will end quickly.....so lend me your power.

B2W2 Protagonist: You got it!

Snake Plasma Girl: Habunake, Bite attack!

Protagonist: Windie, we'll also use Bite!

Rival: Daikenki, Ice Beam!!

*Scene Change*

Protagonist: Wait!! Rucario, Aura Sphere!!

Ninja Bad Guy: No matter what tactics you use, I've achieved the objective[of the mission].

Higher budget/shorter length aside, it looks amazing. It just seemed to up the standard of what I saw of the anime by many times over. Would love for scenes even remotely like that in the game, but I doubt it.

blue

gucci
Years
I noticed Elesa has dyed her hair then and it looks better IMO, but yeah that trailer looks awesome and I love how all the characters that have been revealed so far are playing some role into it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Also have a translation posted by Adam Ant of sppf, as I figure some people may find it interesting.

Ooh so Akuroma disagrees with Plasma?---wait, Plasma have the same goal even NOW? :(

Also I wonder what the objective is and what point in the game that they actually reach it. Kinda reminds me of B/W.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Wow, I never realized that Akurmoa was against Team Plasma. Didn't see that coming. D: Guess I was wrong about him the whole time.

But then again, speaking of Team Plasma, I like how they increased the variety of Pokemon they're using, which means that I don't have to face against Patrat, Sandile, Scraggy, Purrloin, Trubbish or any of their evolved forms each time I go against a Team Plasma Grunt.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
/types while watching
Pardon me momentarily..

AAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ohmygod
ohmygod N, just kill me now
leave me to die ohmygod

ohmygod Rival!

Oh wow.

OH WOW.

Their voices = \o/

The animation is really pretty.. *____*

AN ENTIRE POKEMON TRAILER WITHOUT ASH.

Okay, disappointed at that the female trainer wasn't in it, though.

^ this

I tried writing a post of my own, but it turned out pretty much identical to that one.

THIS IS SO DARN AMAZING. Could there possibly be a little tiny chance of a new anime coming? Please?

What did DD Bel mean? Different Dimension... maybe that hints that there could be an anime and that it could be set in a different dimension, to avoid clashing with the regular anime? *fishing for
083.gif
clues*

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I thought that was very interesting, at the very least. The animation quality certainly was great, especially in comparison to the TV series, and it was cool to see all the new characters (or new designs of older characters) brought to life. If anything, it's made me curious about how the story of the games will play out, with the reappearance of the Shadow Triad and Plasma.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Wow, I never realized that Akurmoa was against Team Plasma. Didn't see that coming. D: Guess I was wrong about him the whole time.
Ah, but that doesn't necessarily make him good either - maybe he is just a different sort of antagonist. But it is hard to say on just what we know just yet. Shadow Triad is taking a mission too so they're taking orders from *someone* - but is that N, or someone else? And why do they need that scroll?

The trailer did well in that aspect - it gave us some info but also raised even more questions from it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
That was incredible! This needs to be a show, get rid of Ash, make this a series!!!!

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years

I'm pretty sure they meant to make us think that, actually.

My idea/guess: He is still evil, and since he greatly disagrees w/ Team Plasma, I'm thinking there will be some issue with him 'abusing' pokemon and their powers in the game. Nothing too serious though... since this is still a child's game for the most part. He's still really free for interpretation, as are a lot of other characters.

Besides that, I literally felt a tear when I saw this anime oh god. I was so happy. Amazing quality, totally fresh and awesome... and Ash wasn't in it to ruin the video for me :'D

I was scared when B and W 2 was first released, but not anymore. I'm getting that game.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Well looks like this game will end up fixing every single problem I had with BW.
Best one is that I don't have to use 5th gen Pokemon anymore.

SEVIPER AND MAGNETON YESSSS

Back