• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I've never encountered any shinies in B2/W2. Somehow I thought that the Secret Grotto may have included a pokemon in shiny form, but no.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
My first shiny in W2 was a shiny riolu at Flocessy ranch, I had been looking for one for a while after accidentally knocking out the first one I ran into... you can imagine my surprise upon finding my second to be shiny.

typhlosionflames

My shadow is a Hydreigon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Oh boy, the amount of shinies I got... lets see here, from the top of my head I've got Sneasel, Larvitar, Tropius, Hydreigon, Golurk and Zorua. I have more but those are the ones that I have a fond memory of atm.

Years
0 shinies on BW2 so far.........
the only shiny pokemon i found was staravia on pokemon platinum :( but got no luck on BW2

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
None in Black 2 yet, although i have gotten:

Shiny sandshrew in LeafGreen ( Now SandSlash)
Shiny Totodile in SoulSilver (Now Feraligatr)
Shiny Bibarel, Oddish and Shinx in Diamond (no longer have :( )
and a shiny Tympole and Golett in White which i also no longer have...

still looking in black 2 :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I've been trying for the past few months (in little bursts every few days) to get a shiny Virizion, but no luck so far. . . ;n;

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
I got a shiny Skorupi from MMing just today in Black. Only took me 95 eggs (roughly 24 hours since I started). Who needs charms x)

Years
Just completed the National Pokedex and I caught that shiny Haxorus! :) (I had to go back to my 10 years old Sapphire to get a Skitty that I wanted! The memories!!! )

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
I roam the region with shiny charm in tow. I actually give away Shinies I find in B2 now, as that's generally where I am and they pop up from time to time. Last one I found was a Nuzleaf in the Nature Preserve. X3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
I just found my first ever shiny, a cottonee, while searching for eevee

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
Appart from the in-game shinies like Red Gyrados etc I have had 2!
-A Braviary
-And a Seismitoad
-I also remembering having a shiny starter but lost that save :(

UltraWing

teleporting shiny staraviva
Years
the only shiny i found(in the wild) was a shiny sandile in black 2 and im going to do Medusa method breeding for a shiny kabuto

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
I was training near victory road in HG and I found a shiny sneasel. The only shiny I ever got (not counting my red gyarados ofc).

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
My first shiny was a shiny Darumaka :) (White). I encountered it while I was training in the desert, such a welcome, but unexpected appearence (just as it is with almost every wild shiny encounter ^_^).
I also got a shiny Audino on Black.

When I got White 2 I encountered a shiny Patrat (those BLUE eyes!) and remember thinking when walking into Wellspring Cave, how nice a shiny Roggenrola would be... and BAM shiny Roggenrola appeared... this left me mindblown while catching it, and shiny Gigalith is just <3!
Then, when I heard of the AMAZING prize you would get in White Forest (White 2) when you defeat Benga, Alder's grandson, was a shiny Dratini! It's not a wild encounter (same for the shiny Haxorus), but I literally worked my ass off to get her! Still waiting to be transferred over to Pokemon X...

I also think it's funny that all my shinies I currently obtained (in the wild) are from Gen.5 itself :3

Back