• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Finding Berries in Battle!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have not really paid attention until now, but I am now discovering on Route 11 that there are battles with fruit trees in the background. The idea is to use an attacking Flying type move (Woobat and others for instance can use Air Cutter); while attacking the Pokémon, the tree behind your opponent shakes and releases three fruits from it. You only see and collect one of these.

So far, in these battle sequence trees, I've found a pair of Papaya Berries, a Wiki Berry (this one just now), and a Colbur Berry. Needless to say I intend to do some growing of these, but will do that once I acquire Fly as I've been idling around Route 7 long enough.

What other Berries are found on these in-battle fruit trees?

EDIT: Add a Lum Berry. Interestingly, it often seems to be when battling a Hawlucha, though I found a Lum Berry behind an Eevee as well.

UPDATE: Found a page referenced below in a later post. Here it is.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah I found something similar, in some caves there are large rocks behind the opponent and if you hit it with surf the rock breaks and you get one of those stones that lengthen how long Hail or Sandstorm last.

Years
Yeah, Serebii has a page on stuff for that. My Ivysaur used Razor Leaf on a horde of Psyduck on Route 7 (right outside Connecting Cave) and afterward I got a Mental Herb. That's interesting, maybe i'll play around with this using other moves some time.

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
Years
There are alot more than just berries to be got. In caves there are boulders in the background that can be broken with rock climb or rock slide. Grass hedges that can be washed away with surf and more.
X items E.g. X attack and defense, Heat rocks and such.
There are loads of different varieties

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I found the page referenced and will link it in the OP. Something of interest is that Rock Slide is used for a lot of these. I think I'm going to teach that move to some more Pokémon and see what I can discover. There are some stones in there - you know, Fire Stones, Thunderstones, Water Stones, Leaf Stones. I'm curious about the Snowball on Route 17, however.

Also, add Tanga Berries and Rindo Berries to the loot. Also saw a Chesto plus some Aguav and Rawst, all on Route 10 (combined with the OP data). I wonder if what can be found varies by Route?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
That's intriguing. I went through the entire game with Air Slash Noibat/Noivern whatever and I didn't find anything. :P

Well, he learned Air Slash at 53, so that's my fault then lol.

Edit: Yeah I realized it was Air Cutter once I failed with Air Slash and then succeeded with Ivyaur's Razor Leaf, haha.

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Aerial ace doesn't seem to do anything for me, koffi~

Am I not doing it right? Because I really want to be collecting me some berries, koff~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Aerial ace doesn't seem to do anything for me, koffi~

Am I not doing it right? Because I really want to be collecting me some berries, koff~
Air Cutter is guaranteed to hit the trees every time, fenn fenn! Blizzard is also suggested at the link in the OP, as well as one other move, if you don't have Air Cutter!

It has to be a tree with fruit visibly hanging from it, which is usually stationed behind your opponent. If the attack misses, the tree is unaffected. However, if contact is made, you will see the tree wobble and the trio of fruit drop from it. You only claim ONE fruit after completing the battle (catch or defeat).

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
That's intriguing. I went through the entire game with Air Slash Noibat/Noivern whatever and I didn't find anything. :P

Well, he learned Air Slash at 53, so that's my fault then lol.

air cutter, not air slash

also, the moves for getting berries are air cutter, twister, and blizzard.

Back