• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Masuda and Sugimori to meet London fans on launch day!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
I'd love to be able to go!

Trouble is, I don't get my work rota for Friday so I don't know if I'll be working then or not. Even if I'm not I'll still have to drive up to London from Bristol really early in the morning. Maybe if I can find someone to go with, I might consider it.

Would be awesome being able to meet the guys responsible for me wasting literally thousands of hours of my life!

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Unfornately I can't go... I live in the Netherlands :'( I hope they'll make an world-wide-tour, stopping in every country where the games are sold! :D Still, it is pretty awesome.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
That really sucks. In Australia where i live, nothing for pokemon EVER happends. No events (We only get the world wifi events), no ken sugimori (the greatest person who ever lived.) or masuda come down here. we always get the games later than everyone else, and the anime is only on pay tv. STUPID!

shinx12345

Aquilla
Years
Meh, England has next to no real events like this before.
This is a first, so all of those thinking that doesn't happen in their country it's so tragic ect. ect., think again, because I was so surprised when I saw this my eyes literally popped out of my head. But seriously, I would be well to shy to ask a question. Where abouts in London btw, I normally go to Covent gardens area, is around there?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
All the cool stuff happen after I leave London T____T

I would have totally skipped school for this or just get there late. Someone should take pictures and post them here.

Years
Wow, the UK got Pokepark before the US, they're going to get Black and White before the US, and now Game Freak is even heading over to London to meet fans at the launch? I know there's nothing wrong about a company not prioritizing America, but now I just feel neglected. I want to meet them too...

Please head over hear and meet the US fans eventually! I have so many questions! ;_;

Someone ask them whether Brendan is wearing a hat or if that's just hair! I beg of you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Wow, the UK got Pokepark before the US, they're going to get Black and White before the US, and now Game Freak is even heading over to London to meet fans at the launch? I know there's nothing wrong about a company not prioritizing America, but now I just feel neglected. I want to meet them too...

Please head over hear and meet the US fans eventually! I have so many questions! ;_;

Someone ask them whether Brendan is wearing a hat or if that's just hair! I beg of you!

Eh, I think we Americans got enough good stuff with the past Pokemon games. I mean, weren't we always the ones to get a Pokemon game first? :B
And not to sound like a "traitor" or anything, but meeting Sugimori and Masuda wouldn't really excite me all that much. =/

Years

Eh, I think we Americans got enough good stuff with the past Pokemon games. I mean, weren't we always the ones to get a Pokemon game first? :B
And not to sound like a "traitor" or anything, but meeting Sugimori and Masuda wouldn't really excite me all that much. =/

That's what I thought at first, bought the I realized that these guys are the masterminds behind one of the world's largest multi-media franchises. There's now way that I'd travel far to meet them, but I would love to ask a question or two.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012

That's what I thought at first, bought the I realized that these guys are the masterminds behind one of the world's largest multi-media franchises. There's now way that I'd travel far to meet them, but I would love to ask a question or two.

Yeah, it would be pretty cool if I could ask them about the inspiration behind all the Pokemon designs. Maybe I could even suggest some animals for them to make Pokemon out of. >:3 Ah, well. Even if they DID come to America, I wouldn't be motivated enough to go out and meet them. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So let's see... UK gets to meet Masuda and Sugimori and mall tours. Also gets the games first. America gets mall tours and gets the games second. Australia gets the games last out of the three with no bonuses. Isn't that just lovely. >__>; I mean, even if it was here I wouldn't go, but still, it'd be nice if Australia at least got something, being one of the big three English speaking countries (and by Aus I'm including NZ). Maybe we'll get news announced? -doubtful- Anyway, that's a good thing for UK, but still. D;

(And yes by UK I'm implying London, just that UK includes the majority of "bonuses")

@Celebi: Anime is on channel 10 in the mornings actually. :x

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
So let's see... UK gets to meet Masuda and Sugimori and mall tours. Also gets the games first. America gets mall tours and gets the games second. Australia gets the games last out of the three with no bonuses. Isn't that just lovely. >__>; I mean, even if it was here I wouldn't go, but still, it'd be nice if Australia at least got something, being one of the big three English speaking countries (and by Aus I'm including NZ). Maybe we'll get news announced? -doubtful- Anyway, that's a good thing for UK, but still. D;

(And yes by UK I'm implying London, just that UK includes the majority of "bonuses")

@Celebi: Anime is on channel 10 in the mornings actually. :x

); I know right! I wouldn't go either, but it still hurts not to get anything special... Maybe in 6th gen?

It would be pretty cool to see Masuada and Sugimori, someone post some pics please :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
I'll try to ger there if I can! If I do I'll ry to get Ken to draw me a signed Futachimaru!

Also I'll ask them about the possiabilty of there being more mystical Pokemon based on more Greek monsters! Or a Fire/water underwater volcano Pokemon or something like that.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
It's a shame I live nowhere near London, but I don't have any extremely important questions anyway. xD But wow, the UK sure is getting a lot this time around. We get the first English version of the game and we can get to meet Masuda and Sugimori in person. Wow! :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Everyone I have photos! How do I put them on here?

Either use something like www.imgur.com or, go to "reply to thread", otherwise known as go advanced.

Down the bottom you'll see "additional options", go to "attach files", and a popup will appear. Find the photos from your documents from there and then click upload, then followed by submit reply, on your post - then you should have the photos uploaded!

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
signed.jpg
Ken.jpg

The first photo is of Pokemon black, it is very cheap!
The second is of MY SIGNED CASE!
The third is of Ken
And the fourth is of me and Ken!

Back