• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Subtle Meanings

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
As we move through the Pokemon franchise, it's subtle meanings and hidden ideologies are slowly becoming more aware to the general populous.

Looking back, we had thievery with Team Rocket, the expansion of the Ocean vs. expansion of the Land with Teams Magma and Plasma, Recreation of the world with Team Galactic, and only just recently, Pokemon Freedom with Team Plasma.

So what is your take on the possible underlying theme(s) in Pokemon X/Y?

To start off, I have an idea where it is Nature vs. Genetic Engineering. In certain mythologies, the Stag is considered to be the King of Nature; the blue legendary appearing as the embodies the ideology of Nature, while the Red Falcon(?) could represent Genetic Engineering?

Perhaps the next evil team could be genetically enhancing or engineering Pokemon?

Discuss.

EDIT: "For many Wiccans, the antlers of the stag are associated directly with the fertility of the God. The Horned God, in his many incarnations, often appears wearing a headdress of antlers..."

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Aren't genetic theme already taken by generation I? But I guess it have something to do with DNA or something similar.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think you could be on the right path. It all seems to fit together nicely!

Years
Aren't genetic theme already taken by generation I? But I guess it have something to do with DNA or something similar.

I thought this.
I would love it if they went down a scientific route with the game; that would really hold my interests.
However, looking at the Pokemon, I think not.​

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I wish I could think of stuff like this! :P

Genetic Engineering vs Nature... I like it, it's kinda like Mewtwo vs Mew in a way. Mewtwo was made/engineered in a laboratory while Mew was the natural form. Perhaps they want "stronger" Pokemon and the only way to succeed in getting them is to enhance their own Pokemon with certain traits and abilities.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Looking at the two, the Blue Stag looks quite, I guess natural, while the Red Bird looks almost as if it's been mutated or an early prototype of a Test-Tube Pokemon....

EDIT: Could the Red 'Y' Bird be a coincidence with the new Red Genosect that is set to appear in the next move?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I thought this.
I would love it if they went down a scientific route with the game; that would really hold my interests.
However, looking at the Pokemon, I think not.​

Yes, we just only have little information about Pokemon X&Y. It could be means something other than genetics. I'll guess we have to wait more for further Information.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The falcon is a sign of War in Egyptian mythology while in others the Stag is a sign of Peace. So maybe War versus Peace? Perhaps it'll talk about how War isn't always full of negatives while Peace isn't always full of good stuff like people tend to think of.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
The falcon is a sign of War in Egyptian mythology while in others the Stag is a sign of Peace. So maybe War versus Peace? Perhaps it'll talk about how War isn't always full of negatives while Peace isn't always full of good stuff like people tend to think of.

That's interesting though bit far fetched.
But I'll be damned of that really mean war&peace, because I think that one are bit too mature for a Pokemon game right?
Well, not a bad thing since Pokemon could have take more benefit by becoming more mature.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

A good idea, didn't think of this.

A friend just pointed out, could 'Y' be the 'Vulture of Death' and X the 'Stag of Life'? Interesting....

Years
That's also a good one. Than the third would be rebirth/reincarnation (it'll be easy to give it forms if so, reincarnating into a different form). I wanted a life and death theme since gen V but we ended up with boring old Yin Yang instead which isn't all that special considering all pokemon games talk about balance. Truth versus ideals luckily added theme made the last gens mascots a bit better though in what they stand for.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
That's also a good one. Than the third would be rebirth/reincarnation (it'll be easy to give it forms if so, reincarnating into a different form). I wanted a life and death theme since gen V but we ended up with boring old Yin Yang instead which isn't all that special considering all pokemon games talk about balance. Truth versus ideals luckily added theme made the last gens mascots a bit better though in what they stand for.

Well, reincarnation is something that represent both life and death. One must be dead to resurrected back to life. This is makes thing even more interesting than genetics I guess.

Yin and Yang is not boring, Is just for the first time Game Freak went serious with themes and story and mess up again in BW2.

Years
I imagine the third one being a serpent representing rival as the serpent is a sign of rejuvination plus it can look like a Z.
If so than all adds up to this theme...I hope we're right :)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
One who represent reincarnation usually are Phoenix. But since we already have Ho-Oh and Moltres, so.....I guess they better have to find another creature that represent Life-Death cycle.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
DNA splicing and trying to create a new type of Pokemon? Or maybe even

(this idea came from Pinkie-Dawn) The antagagonist are trying to merge Pokemon cells with themselves so they won't have to rely on Pokemon to do their bidding anymore and just count on themselves?

Years
That's a strange theme.
The Ouroboros is a serpent shaped like an O that symbolizes revival. By being O it'll throw people off thinking the third be Z. Well O can also symbolize the point of origin, or 0,0 in the X,Y axis that which merges both. Than it'll have a Z forme!

Years
I'm sorta thinking maybe we'll be getting sort of a Nature vs Science (vs Spirituality for the third game) but that theory depends on whether or not they make sequels again or not.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I'm sorta thinking maybe we'll be getting sort of a Nature vs Science (vs Spirituality for the third game) but that theory depends on whether or not they make sequels again or not.

Nature and Science are complementary, not opposite of the each. Well, indeed science lead us to overcome the facet of nature, but they could coexist. Also this kinda-of-like nature/science already taken by White Forest and Black City of BW.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Nature vs. Science
War vs. Peace
Life vs. Death

I think all three of these themes sound rather interesting. Plus, it would be more fun for pokemon to be more mature. God knows the anime and such media could use it. @_@

Personally, though, out of the three I think I would like to have the Life vs. Death theme. (Since I'm at school, I'm unable to see the legendaries so I can't base anything off of that. ;w;) It's more serious and I think it could lead to a deep story. I love deep stories. :>
JEBUS CRIPES, stop getting me excited while I'm still in school for another four hours. ;o;

Back