• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ruby\Sapphire]Colored Text

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
This Tutorial teaches you to make your texts colored in Ruby and Sapphire when you make a message script.

Scripting

Here are the codes for some colors:

\c\h01Ç - Blue
\c\h01Â - Green
\c\h01Á - Red
\c\h01È - Yellow

What you must do??

example

If you want a blue colored text, you must put the code in front of the text, like this

#org 0x800000
msgbox 0x800100
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x800100
= \c\h01ÇHello World!

Experienced Scripters will understand this, if you don't get it feel free to email me.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
? ? ?

If that really works then you should be able to modify the command database. Post a list of as many colours as you can. The lines you want to add to put colours into the database should go like this:

pkmadv/texttables.psh
addhash [red] ÀÁ ' 0102
addhash [green] ÀÂ ' 0103
addhash [blue] ÀÇ ' 0104
addhash [yellow] ÀÈ ' 0105

The second value is the character code taken from the text converters further down in the same file. The section of the document that looks like this:
Spoiler:

Not Sure how many colours you have their but with these lines added to your database you can write your colours like this:
= \c[blue]Hello World!

or even without the changes to the command database you can write the colours like this (example of blue):

= \cÀ\h03Hello World!

I'm not able to access my computer at the moment so I don't have access to my program.. Rinni has a copy so I'll try and get her to play with this and modify the command database. Note that the colours may vary between r/s/e and fr/lg.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Very helpful, but how can you stop the code? Like for example:

You received the Running Shoes! Now you can run.

Doing it how you told us, it would come out like this:

Or if it only applies to one word, it will come out like this:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Yeah, you're probably right. The "00" makes sense that it's black. I'd imagine something like FF being white.

Back