• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B&W2 translation already in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
I've already seen on The Pirate Bay (note to mods.: no I am not promoting piracy or any of that) B&W2 has been leaked and translation has been started. I did not download it but I can't wait for it to be release in the US :)

EDIT: to my knowledge the games main menus are the only thing translated yet but there are also some glitches with exp. points too. I am still playing Black but I figured I would post this for any one who did not know.

Last edited:

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Yeah there's already half the dialog translated by now. Give it about two weeks and it'll be fully patched. Very old news, haha.

Skitty1

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
lol ya it is pretty old news now but still

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I'm rather surprised they are bothering with story related dialog. People are generally satisfied with the basics (moves / abilities / battle text / etc) since we always get a main Pokemon game not too long after, but I'm cool with it. I just wanted PWT translated.

Skitty1

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
^Well lets face it Pokemon games are not famous for the plot line. However they need some sort of frame work. The only thing that gets old fast for me is the stupid friends they give you always calling or complaining that they want to match up.

Any way the story wont be any thing special but it will hopefully be translated :)

iTeruri

iAm
Years
If they didn't translate the main story, people wouldn't really buy the games. Parents would rage about their kids not able to understand the games (even if the kids normally just bash the a-button like there is no tomorrow). So yeah, they have no choice but translate the story. There is nothing weird about that.

blue

gucci
Years
Kudos to those who are working hard by translating it but I don't really see the appeal, plus the fact that not 100% is translated, I would rather play the purchased English version which is fully translated.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I'm still going to as well, but a full translated Japanese version is also useful for obtaining Japanese OT Pokemon for breeding shinies via an acekard. I don't know if they are translating generic trainer lines (which are generally skipped over even in English except Joey) but the story is almost half way complete, so it will basically be 100% translated far before NA/EU release.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I'm talking about fan translations for the Japanese roms.

Ah. Got confused by the 'release in the US' in the first post and thought that the official translated copies somehow leaked. And then it got even more confusing when people started talking about not translating the story.

But somehow I never thought about fan translations. I feel kinda stupid now.

Skitty1

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
I'm still going to as well, but a full translated Japanese version is also useful for obtaining Japanese OT Pokemon for breeding shinies via an acekard. I don't know if they are translating generic trainer lines (which are generally skipped over even in English except Joey) but the story is almost half way complete, so it will basically be 100% translated far before NA/EU release.

Honestly though for the sake of doing a complete job they will do the whole thing. Though I don't like to pirate that often I have considered getting an R4 chip to play fan translated games.

Ah. Got confused by the 'release in the US' in the first post and thought that the official translated copies somehow leaked. And then it got even more confusing when people started talking about not translating the story.

But somehow I never thought about fan translations. I feel kinda stupid now.

Don't feel stupid I've had much bigger blunders than that in my time :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This thread is about the English translation to the ROM version of the games, sorry but this is not an acceptable thread to have out. I am going to have to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back