• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
Okay, someone aught to move this to general videogame discussion, since Pokémon glitches happen in all generations.

Anyways, I've discovered something in Platinum:

One of the trainers in Victory road, one of those Black Belts fought in a double battle with a veteran, upon being defeated, will shout a bunch of random glitchy garbage. Doesn't seem to do this in D/P.

Also, the Ditto-Dunsparce glitch seems to have been removed in Platinum, but I'll have to check again to be sure.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
I can confirm the glitchy garbage. To be more clear, it is in the part of Victory road that you cannot access until after you obtain the national dex.

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 12, 2011
This happened on Crystal, it's pretty weird XD

When I was younger, me and my friend were on our Crystal games and he sent out his Ursaring and it showed Kingdra's sprite! We thought it must just have been chance, but it stayed like that. It said it was level 301, had a ring of ?s floating around the Kindra sprite during battle, and it took the name of whatever item it was holding!

Tbh, having a lv301 Up-Grade was pretty darn cool C:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I have some info on the glitch Pokemon ".4". It's actually safer then we thought. Most people believe it is the most dangerous of all glitch Pokemon. That's because it knows the infamous "Super Glitch" move as it's starting moveset. This can be avoided by using a Masterball to catch it. (I recommend you duplicate one first.) This way, it wouldn't have a chance to use it. Once it's caught, make it forget the glitch move and never let it learn it again. Now you a perfectly safe ".4"! Use this method for any Pokemon with a dangerous glitch move.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
What is this Ditto-Dunsparce glitch you speak of?

In Diamond & Pearl (US and JPN Jersions!), there's this odd glitch including Ditto.

1.) Wait for a Dunsparce swarm to occur.

2.) Encounter a Dunsparce and send out Ditto.

3.) Have Ditto Transform into Dunsparce.

4.) Have Ditto KO Dunsparce using Struggle (since the only attacking Move Sparce has is Rage, you shouldn't worry about KOing Sparce...Unless you crit.)

5.) If you did it right, Ditto should have Dunsparce's Moveset with 0PP. Bring it to the Pokecenter, and congratulations, you now have a ditto with:

Yawn
Glare
Rage
Defense Curl

6.) If you still want transform, have to go to the move relearner to make Ditto remember the move.

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Does it work in the Europe games or just US and Japan versions?

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2021
in my crystal when the enemy uses protect or detect my game frezes

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 25, 2010
I have this glitch on my Blue version, I believe it is called "a". Even when you open up your party menu the game lags. If you ever catch this glitch, don't use it in battle, and if you do, DON'T SAVE THE GAME!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
I've saved it among with several others on to my game before.
I was playing around with the super glitch move on an emulator before, some of the effects were quite staggering.

hoboX10

World Dictator
Years
I don't remember how I did this, but I had somehow messed up my Gold version to where the guy wouldn't give me a bicycle. I went through the whole game without the bike!

I heard the same thing happens in HG/SS too. I think it's something with skipping over him and going to the bike shop in Kanto before you go to the one in Johto makes him say something different than he normally would, never triggering the event to give you the bicycle.

Emlam

Old School
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
My Nidorino just reached lv. 26 in Red and evolved into Nidoking. All by itself. >.<

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
My Nidorino just reached lv. 26 in Red and evolved into Nidoking. All by itself. >.<

That can happen in incredible rareness. My Vulpix evolved into a Ninetales... I didn't know the B cancel... 1 level before Flamethrower.

Emlam

Old School
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
Aw man. XD
I almost cancelled mine (a Nidoking with Leer, Tackle and Poison Sting is *not* intimidating), but none of Nidorino's attacks are too fantastic so I decided the cool factor was worth an extra TM or two. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back