• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
Haha, I am sorry about that. I am indeed going to expand a lot more on his personality section, I just had to write that down real quick before I left to the store. I promise there is more to Hayden than that. His people skills aren't too great though, I have to say. xD

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Hmm... I feel that AceOfChance's character and my character would maybe get along well. I mean, Soul has about the same views when it comes to Pokémon, I'd be very interesting to see them interact with each other...

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
I just have to write out the History and the Sample Text for my SU. Sorry for taking so long, RHCP!

I was wondering if perhaps I could get a little insight to Maydale City? I was thinking that it is the place where Hayden is originally from before he moved to Januvale. I would really appreciate it if you could. c:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Choosing to spell scarecrow as scareKrow, in my last post, because it makes more sense in the Pokemon world. Good idea?
Haha I thought about that, smart ;)

I just have to write out the History and the Sample Text for my SU. Sorry for taking so long, RHCP!

I was wondering if perhaps I could get a little insight to Maydale City? I was thinking that it is the place where Hayden is originally from before he moved to Januvale. I would really appreciate it if you could. c:
It's ok, as long as I hear that you're alive.

Maydale City: It's large and bustling even though people are generally easy going here. Most houses are wooden and very traditional looking. There aren't many high sky scrapers, still it's referred to as a City rather than a Town because of its large population. It's situated near the large Loch Mays, where a lot of fishing and swimming is done in the calm but deep waters. A water monster is said to dwell there though...

Maydale City is known for its artists and performers. There is a large Circus that serves as both a stage for performances as well as the pokémon Arena! There are also a lot of clubs with singers and musicals, as well as theaters. It's an artistic and friendly city, to put it shortly. There are also, much like Feborough, lots of farmers around the city that flock to the great market to sell and buy wares.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Sorry but school is starting to kick my sorry butt by providing 7-9 different tests under 4 weeks. So I won't be able to post that much, although I will try to get a post up as fast as I can... Sigh, I can't wait for summer...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Kay :3 I'm active and here, but I can't post until someone else posts ;p hope your tests go well and that we can get this thing moving a bit in the summer.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So, the IC thread looked lonely so I gave you all a present. Marchall City. It's there when you need it.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
My big exam is over so I'm going to attempt a post today. Hopefully. I need a nap first.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I guess the inactivity is mostly because of exams and other school related things. But I'm toying with the idea of rebooting Arcanum. It would still be the same region and places but the reason for going on a journey would be a bit different (it would make more sense) and it would be more strictly chaptered and maybe even allow for more players to join. And of course all of you would be automatically reserved, no matter if you wanted to keep your old character or make a new one. You would join one of the two teams instead of set off because some old man told you to. And you would have more reason to be rivals.

I'm still just thinking. If all of you enjoy the RP as it is, then I guess there is no need to relaunch it. But you... aren't posting, so there must be something wrong :3 unless it's just school / hardware problems, of course.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I guess the inactivity is mostly because of exams and other school related things. But I'm toying with the idea of rebooting Arcanum. It would still be the same region and places but the reason for going on a journey would be a bit different (it would make more sense) and it would be more strictly chaptered and maybe even allow for more players to join. And of course all of you would be automatically reserved, no matter if you wanted to keep your old character or make a new one. You would join one of the two teams instead of set off because some old man told you to. And you would have more reason to be rivals.

I'm still just thinking. If all of you enjoy the RP as it is, then I guess there is no need to relaunch it. But you... aren't posting, so there must be something wrong :3 unless it's just school / hardware problems, of course.

I don't mind if you re-vamped it!
It'll sort of give me the opportunity to re-vamp Lynn's family feud plot as well~
Atually, I really want to continue to play as Lynn in this region - she's growing as one of my favorites now. <3

And so is Arcanum; I really love this atmosphere~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I like Lynn too :3 And I love Arcanum. I feel the region is alive 8D Pity we've only seen 2 ½ towns of it yet xD

If you have suggestions on how to improve it (in case most player here really are in favor of a revamp), please state them here. If it turns out it doesn't have to be relaunched, we can maybe implement a few changes anyways.

The warden

I'm back!
Years

I would rather you not. I've been really enjoying the RP so far and have a lot of ideas about what Kitaru will do next. That said if you do restart I will join again, maybe with Kitaru maybe not. I wouldn't mind it too much but I would prefer it if things continued as they are. That is as long as things start to pick up soon and we don't start to lose people. If things don't pick up then I would agree whole heartedly with a reboot.

As for the recent inactivity you know my reasons, though I could explain them in a lot more detail. I think everyone is in the same situation really, too busy in real life. I have plans for my free timw, new RPs and what not but until my works done I can't begin with them. If you are still reading by this point then I'm sorry for going on so much.

Real life sucks :p

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I see, well no we don't have to relaunch :3 it was just an idea to give Arcanum the activity it deserves, hehe. We'll wait some more weeks and see if things work better in the summer~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I guess that would be an option. Since we're posting relatively isolated, it wouldn't hurt too much with more spots.

Thing is, there is 1 ½ spots open already because AceOfChance has troubles with le computer and drunk hasn't even posted once since he was accepted so he's pretty much booted. More spots won't solve it.

I'll just accept that things are like they are. An RP with long posts like these can't really be as active as some other RPs :3

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
It is mostly school that's likely keeping us. Why is it when the year's winding down teachers slam us with MORE work? We're less likely to remember a normal amount.

And I wouldn't complain about a revamp but I like Arcanum as it is :D

I has a quick question: Does anybody think a Pansear could open a Pokeball? Cause I have this image in my head of Pansear trying to act like a Pokemon trainer? Depending on opinions that might affect my next post :P

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It is mostly school that's likely keeping us. Why is it when the year's winding down teachers slam us with MORE work? We're less likely to remember a normal amount.

And I wouldn't complain about a revamp but I like Arcanum as it is :D

I has a quick question: Does anybody think a Pansear could open a Pokeball? Cause I have this image in my head of Pansear trying to act like a Pokemon trainer? Depending on opinions that might affect my next post :P

Certain pokemon can open Pokeballs with their paws / mini fingers... well, in the anime they can. :B

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
If the pokéball is not empty, they probably could. But if the pokéball is empty... they should be sucked in because of the automatic properties of the pokéball, don't you think?

Back