• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga/Comics Random Chit-Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, Sapphire's is next on September 20th.

Which brings up a good question...on Bulbapedia, Dia, Pearl, and Platina don't show as having birthdays. While I understand Black and White not having any yet, was this laziness on the creators' part, or just Bulbapedia missing information? :(

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
Years
I think Bulbapedia is missing information. :U I remember that Dia and Pearl's birthdays came out around the time Vol. 38 came out, but I have no clue when they are.
I just remember that Dia's birthday is sometime in December. :Ua.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
As far as I know, that info was false. We get stupid users who add false info all the time....but I'm not sure right now.

I hid the info until someone had proof of it, though...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've been trying to confirm birthdays somewhere else but my Google-fu is failing and I'm not sure how the other ones were released, so not sure where to specifically look. :<

I think having events for every character's birthday would be a bit much though. Even with the birthdays I collected as known, that's 9 events a year, 2 of them within one day of each other (Emerald - May 31, Blue - June 1), and 2 in the same month (Ruby and Gold are both in July). I am intending to run an event here though, maybe it'll bring some good activity back.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I know basically all the Pokedex Holder's birthday because I'm silly like that. xD For birthdays that are close to eachother (first that comes to mind is definitely Emerald's and Blue's) you can possibly have a joint event for them. Or perhaps you have have an event for each of 'em that is in a certain period of time (like for Gold and Ruby. They could probably have the same event because they're close enough, and if you really wanted to add Red to the mix because his isn't too far behind Gold's).

The birthdays seem to be closer together during Spring/Summer, and then they start to spread out a bit between Red's and Yellow's birthdays as far as I can tell. xD;

But yeah. I haven't heard any news about Dia and Pearl having birthdays. I would assume a site that is more up-to-date with this kind of stuff would have it. :( I know Serebii keeps pretty good track of things like that, but they don't have a birthday for them either.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Just throwing it out there that I have a few events planned for later this month. So look forward to it, hopefully we can pull some of the fans back to this section :)

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Good. This is my favorite manga sub-forum among the "big three" Pokémon message boards, so I'm glad it's going to be getting some love.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Who's gonna have their birthday this month? I expect heavy wave of fan arts when it happen.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
Okay, has anyone read the Viz translation for pokespecial vol.14? 'Cause they really ruined the amusing scene with Gold and Blue in the last chapter. Well, at least they didn't edit it entirely, like the pokeboobs scene.

Oh really? From what I see they improved it.

They clearly made Gold even more of a pervert by saying it was an accident.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Who's gonna have their birthday this month? I expect heavy wave of fan arts when it happen.

Sapphire's birthday is this month, but considering her birthday has been around for a few years, I'm assuming that nothing special is going on this year. xD

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013

Sapphire's birthday is this month, but considering her birthday has been around for a few years, I'm assuming that nothing special is going on this year. xD

aww, so sad since she's my favorite :(
I hope they quickly make Hoenn remake so I can get my teenage Sapphire right away

chamo-chan

Years
Well, you never know.

I end up finding tons of fanart of a specific dexholder when their birthdays roll around.

Not sure what we can do to celebrate though, besides fan art spamming.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm still considering what could be done for people's birthdays, but I'm going to see participation on these next couple of events first to see what kind of fanbase would actually come back for events. Then it might be worth 6 events a year for joint birthdays :P

Edit: Maybe if there's interest, a fanart contest around each one, or just a mini trivia contest? I'm going to have to make a thread for all these ideas for events and things. xDD

Also, my new goal is to write summaries of all the PokeSpe chapters that don't have one on Bulbapedia. Done 423 and 424 @-@ so much work

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
Yup ! Looking forward for the Kanto,Johto,Hoenn Pokedex holders meet up with the Sinnoh's. Hahaha !

chamo-chan

Years
Guys. Guys. Today is December 24th (In Japan at least)
:3 it's Silver's Birthday.
Happy Birthday~

And for those of you that celebrate it.
Merry Christmas~ *jingles bells*
(I hope this doesn't count at thread necromancy.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There's a manga chitchat thread? *eyes twinkle* This reminds me of the old pokespe fanclub.

I never keep track of the dex holders' birthdays. I have enough trouble keeping up with my friends' birthdays xD

I would love to see the Sinnoh dex holders meet up with the others. If they aren't too young though... 17 year olds hanging out with 11 year old is maybe not so fun :F What timeline is the Sinnoh adventures in anyways? On TV they show the happenings at Lake of Rage, so it should be the same time as the G/S/C chapters, no? Meaning Dia, Pearl and Platina are the same ages as Crys, Silver and Gold :3 Hm, it would be hilarious if they met.

I can see Gold flirting with Platina but ending up friends with the happy go lucky Dia, Pearl and Crys finding common grounds (in seriousness and eagerness) and Silver and Platina becoming *friends* Hrm, no, what? Pairings? What is this pairings that you speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back