• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Len winced a bit at the extremely loud screech... it somewhat did the trick. While it didn't wake him up, his defenses went down by a ton. But Len was still fast asleep in the end and still ready to fight again. He had also finally snapped out of his confusion and went back to his senses. Perfect...

"Alright Len, Sleep Talk once more! Use another Bubble Beam!" Mark called out. However he was unfamiliar with the random nature of this move. Instead of using Bubble Beam, Len ended up using Brick Break, which of course would have no affect on the Shuppet. "What the- Len! No not that move!" Mark said.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Brock - Eggs and Breeding 101

"Now before I pass out the eggs, let me finish this lecture." Brock said as he looked up at the clock that was on the wall above the door.

I hate that the class is going to be cut short.. but with the short notice, I just did not have much material ready.

"There are 3 different attributes that may be passed down through breeding to the baby Pokemon: base stats, natures, and abilities." Brock started as he looked around the classroom to the now attentive students who were anxious to receive their eggs.
"As for base stats, a baby Pokemon will excel in certain stats; atk, def, so on; that the parent excelled in or that are enhanced by certain power items. The stats can be strengthened even more through what nature they are born with. The nature is generally passed down by the mother, but can be completely random. The nature of a Pokemon will determine its strongest stat as well as it weakest."

Brock looked around at the now confused students. "Guess that is all a bit more advanced. Forget about the last one. Aha!" He said with a fake laugh. He then walked back to the closet, coming back with a cart full of eggs. "Alright, now let me just pass these out!"

He pushed the cart of eggs through the aisles, passing them out as well as a piece of paper that had a list of all the baby Pokemon know to exist on it.

"Here you go Issac!" He said to Issac as he handed him a red egg with yellow flames going up it.
"And you Lucas!" He said to Lucas as he handed him a white egg with red and blue triangles on it.
"And here is yours Gwen!" He said to Gwen as he handed her a yellow egg with black spots on it.

"Alright then! As you see, I also passed out a piece of paper." Brock said as he held up and extra paper he had. "I would like you to mark the pokemon you think you got, put your name on the paper, and turn it in as you leave. Those who are right will get 5 bonus points on their total grade! Thank you class, enjoy the rest of your day!"

Issac Milke - Eggs and Breeding 101

Issac quickly wrote his name on the paper, anxious to get out of class.

Hmmm.. now what egg could this be. Honestly.. I could care less about the five extra points.

He jotted an x beside smoochum and quickly stood up, picking up his backpack and quickly putting it back on his back. He then picked up his new egg and the paper and jolted out of the room, placing the paper on Brock's desk.

"Thank you!" He called back to Brock as the door shut behind him.

Now to get back to my room and sleep before the next class.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy Cooper

Sammy gave a cheer as Len's Brick Break passed right through the ghostly Shuppet with no effect. This was exactly what they needed! Getting caught up in the battle she decided to focus less on the exercise given by the teacher and more on the battle at hand. They had used Screech, so it would be best to capitalise on its effects. Since Nightshade couldn't take advantage that just left Knock Off.

"Okay Shuppet, hit him with Knock Off while you've got the chance!"

Shuppet obediently lowered its head and jabbed its crest towards Len, using the swirl on his torso as a bullseye target.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Mana Murasaki
The Espeon girl
Battlefields.

196.gif
471.gif

Mana stood up and followed the rest of the class outside to the battlefield where Mr. Alta was about to explain his next subject. Mr. Alta seemed to let Valorie do whatever she wanted, which was weird because a teacher should be giving everyone attention, right? Not just one student... Was it because Valorie looked really strong and she really was strong? Mana was glancing at Valorie with an admiring look at her face. Valorie probably really was something according to the Dragonite she was owning. But who was the owner of that Snivy that was with her all the time? He was to nice to be a wild Pokémon, and Valorie didn't seem to be his trainer.

Mr. Alta explained the next assignment and told everyone to take a place in the battlefield. Mana decided to take a place in the corner and carefully looked around for the Pokémon around her and Felicity. "We can do this Fel! Let's show them i'm not just a failure!" Mana said, trying to encourage Felicity but Felicity glanced up at her instead. "Don't call yourself a failure..." Felicity said. "Hehe... well, let's just do our bests then~" Mana smiled at her Espeon, now Felicity seemed more encouraged. She had to fight well to show her trainer that she is a good trainer.

"Analyse the situation very well, Felicity, Look from where your enemies are attacing and wait for any commands." Mana said as she kept an eye on her surroundings. No one would know how great of a team Felicity and Mana make if it comes to this. Time to show what she is capable of.

Roxas Jaden Asakura
Team Rocket member
Suicune dorms.

025.gif
197.gif
448.gif

Roxas listened carefully to Rosalyn, but for some reason his mind was somewhere else and he stood up and left. "I have to do something, i'll see you later." were the only words he said. His eyes seemed colder than ice. What the heck was he thinking about? Roxas walked towards the suicune dorm building and opened the door rather furious. "R-Roxas? c-calm down!" Obilivio said as Roxas almost broke that door, other students would probably notice that this door was opened by someone who was angry. "Pika pik!" Jaden followed Roxas as well. What could've made their trainer suddenly so angry?

Roxas opened his dorm room and trew his jacket on his bed. "Roxas! Stop this! What is wrong with you?!" Obilivio pulled on his arm. Roxas finally came back to his senses but still seemed upset about something. "Roxas...?" Obilivio saw how tears started to form in Roxas's eyes. "S-Sorry... I just didn't want anyone to see my face..." Roxas explained and opened the door of his bathroom. "Hearing her talk about her parents makes me kind of angry and sad, she has parents atleast," Roxas took a deep breath and turned on the warm tap of the shower. "She shouldn't talk about her dad like that, sure... it's wrong to think that woman are less than men but... Shouldn't she show him then what she is capable of? In a different way I mean?" Roxas said.

"Pika..." Jaden seemed to be upset about the way his trainer was thinking. Roxas closed the bathroom door and started to undress hisself to get into the shower. His mind needed to be cleansed and his teary face needed to be washed. Time for a shower!

Megaman765

Years
Mark couldn't believe he was having trouble against a Shuppet of all things. Perhaps it was his bad luck or his lack of experience with these strategies he was testing out. Sleep Talk was proving to become yet another risky maneuver due to its random nature. But Mark wasn't done just yet. Len was exsausted from those blows he had dealt to himself as well as the minor hits from Shuppet but Len had thankfully woken up from all of this. While Mark could send Len to sleep again and drag the battle on further, he decided to take action.

"Len! Use dig!" Mark said. He quickly used his hands to dig quickly underground. Where he would pop up was anyones guess.

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
Draca noticed all the strong opponents around her. Some where aiming for her, the weakest one. The weakest one her tail. She had trained with the best dragon-type pokémon. She was a special Dratini that could move faster in land. She was slender and sneaky, she would easily dodge. She heard one of her opponents say she would be an easy target. "Dra tin tin"(An easy target my tail. Catch me -IF YOU CAAAN!"), she said. She surrounded herself with Thunder Wave. She would dodge when they tried to even touch her. And the first one- a Bidoof (NPC). The Bidoof tried to tackle her. Extreme Speed! Dodge, dodge dodge. "Dra-TINI"(You-FAILED), said Draca, keeping the guard up.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

"Mouser dodge it! Let's show that ghost how fast we are!" Kiki cried as she leapt to the side. Mouser also followed suit, dodging the attack by the tip of his tail. While she was trying to go easy on Shawn, she wanted to impress him. She whistled and Mouser ran back to her.

"Alright let's try something new!" she said, leaning down comically to whisper to her little mouse. Mouser's ears perked up and he gave her a bright smile.

"You can do it! I believe in you! Speed Burn!" she shouted, the code name of what she had told Mouser to do. She had given it a code name like that because in a real battle there wouldn't be time to stop to tell Mouser what she wanted. To explain it would be taking time away from what she wanted. At the words Speed Burn, which in and of themselves would likely confuse her opponent, as there was no attack named that, the little mouse simply... Vanished!? What!? Where had Mouser even gone? If Shawn concentrated, he would see Mouser stopping here and there to change direction. The speedy little mouse was moving incredibly fast, using his Quick Attack, bounding everywhere, bouncing off of rocks and launching off the dirt. It was hard to follow, but Shawn MAY be faster enough to see where he was going. And if he really thought about it he would notice Mouser was only going in straigt lines, and the cornering was not tight at all, maybe less than 45 degree angles. But was Shawn actually good enough to realize this was the question? If he was then Mouser's next movement would be predictable, he was getting behind the ghost type.

Brian

Brian shook his head, deep in thought.

"No... I haven't heard anything. Even my pokemon Leena, who I caught during one of those weird attacks I told you about won't tell me. They want to keep whatever is a secret here, well, a secret." he said softly. All this thinking was making his head hurt! He ad no idea what could be hidden, nor where to start looking. Well, not true. He could go to the Lugia Dorm, or the area in the forest where Selena had been poisoned... But there were Roberto's words...

"But... I don't know if it's a good idea for you to go... Your Scizor says it'll be too dangerous to check any of this out..." he said thoughtfully. He wished Thyme was here. But she wasn't, so he had to make the decision as best he could. Yeah... He had Nova, and Drizzle. They were tough enough to protect him. Maybe he would check it out after school and his nursing lessons.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas McGuire - Eggs and Breeding/Hallway

Lucas happily accepts the egg from Brock. The urge to find out what was inside was really interesting, just like reviving old fossils. You could have a brand new Pokemon at your fingertips. Lucas is happy to have received a Pokemon egg as he is basically waiting for this egg to hatch, to see his new Pokemon team-mate. Lucas listens to Brock's point about guessing which Pokemon that will hatch, and reads through the list of Pokemon that could potentially come from a small white egg with red and blue triangles. Spying over at his neighbour's paper, he sees that he just checks Smoochum and walks off. Wondering where the fella went to Lucas, quickly ticks Pichu. Lucas carries the egg carefully through the class while Aipom hands the paper up to Brock.

"Thank you for the lesson Brock! S-sorry for being late.." Lucas says as he bows to Brock before turning to leave the class with his purple companion not far behind. Walking with a grumbling tummy, Lucas stops with the urge to eat. "Come on Aipom, let's all get some breakfast!" Lucas smirks as he walks towards the canteen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy Cooper

Dig... there was no way they could do anything to Len while he was underground, and Shuppet didn't know any moves that would help give him an advantage here. Sammy could only think of one thing to do, and she wasn't sure it would work. She wasn't sure it was technically allowed in a battle either...

"Shuppet, float up past where Len could get you!"

Shuppet obediently began levitating directly up, floating around twelve feet above the battlefield. That seemed to be his limit - or as far as he was willing to go anyway. Sammy wasn't sure this would work - Len was a pretty powerful Fighting type. It would be totally possible for him to have enough strength to rocket that high when he emerged from Dig.

Megaman765

Years
Sammy's shuppet had tried to float up in the air to avoid the attack... it wouldn't do him much good though. Len had enough bulk in him to reach up and take care of him. Mark couldn't command him while he was underground so he'd have to hope for the best here. Dig itself was very accurate though... so Len would find a way. Mark couldn't call Sammy's tactic cheating but just taking advantage of her Pokemon's natural abilities.

There was a bit of shaking in the ground as Len was about to pop up out of the ground. Rather then simply pop up from under the ground and punch Shuppet he took it a step further. In order to reach the Shuppet he used Bubblebeam to propel himself out of the ground and reach the Shuppet, giving him a good pound to the head.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy Cooper - Defeated

Shuppet was knocked clean out of the air by Len's forceful attack, falling back to the earth with a dazed look in his eyes. Sammy half laughed and half sighed, a rueful grin on her face, while Cubone let out a disappointed little noise. Both of them stopped dancing around the battlefield and Sammy recalled the unconscious Shuppet back to his pokeball.

"Good work buddy, not bad for our first outing together! Especially against a much higher trained pokemon. You were awesome."

Clipping the Luxury Ball back to her belt she flashed Mark a massive grin. She was feeling far more positive about her partnership with Shuppet even though they had lost. They'd worked together, even if Shuppet was a little creepy. But he was a Ghost type, so that was probably par for the course.

"Great battle Mark, thanks very much. I really enjoyed it. Sorry for the sneaky attempt at evasion there, but a girls got to try, right?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Standard Practice Field

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Kilik took careful observations of the battefield & his challengers. Many tough trainers here. We got Dratini, Vibrava, Milotic, even Espeon. Mana's Espeon. The first Pokemon came towards Tentou, a Charmeleon. "Now, Charge Beam!" Kilik commanded. The attack looked like Metal Claw, as Tentou nervously shot a Charged Charge Beam Charged Charge Beam? My mind is blown! at Charmeleon. Kilik analyzed his Tentou & Charmeleon. Tentou was at a disadvantage here. Both Pokemon took damage after the other, with Tentou surviving the attack.

Charmeleon was still ready, though from that boosted Charge Beam, it should go down soon. Tentou tried it's best to stay calm. Kilik could feel the tension between them. Charmeleon went again & breathed Fire Spin at Tentou. "Quick, Tentou! Jump!" Tentou immediately jumped out of the way fast as possible. This isn't over!

As Kilik was about to give his next command, a Water Gun came out of nowhere & hit Charmeleon. That came from a Lombre nearby. "Right, this is a free-for-all battle," Kilik mumbled, scratching his nose. "Can't forget that." So while Charmeleon was being taken care of by someone else, Kilik looks around for a new target. His face is fixed & his fists tighten. Felicity was nearby. Would Tentou be able to knock her out?

It seems Tentou is better from a distance. He's a good runner too. "Tentou! Another Charge Beam over there!" Kilik directs, pointing towards Mana's Felicity. He never saw Mana battle before. Wonder how good she is. Tentou takes a step as electricity forms from his mouth. It looks a little stronger than the last attempt. Charge Beam does has a good chance at raising Special Attack for the battle. Kilik will need to see how Maana battles, so he can formulate a strategy. Also, watch out for any nearby Pokemon.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Beach

Shawn looked surprised as Mouser seemed to...disappear! Seriously?! Rattata seemed to have no ability to do that. Maybe he was moving so fast that his eyes couldn't keep up. Shawn was at a loss. He had no clue what other moves his partner had or any idea of what Kiki was planning. He looked around his area, hoping to get some inspiration for an idea. That was when he saw Shuppet.

Shawn saw the end of Sammy's battle, where her Shuppet floated up as high as she could in order to avoid an attack. It didn't work, as that strong Poliwrath propelled itself up high enough to finish it off. Maybe Shawn could do that, with better results. After all, Rattatas can't propel themselves up higher...can they?

What did he have to lose? Better than just standing around and waiting for something to happen. "Pyra," he spoke to his partner, trying to remain calm, "Be careful...Mouser was quicker than I anticipated. Float up as high as you can to avoid his attacks." Pyra looked to her trainer with a confused look on her face. Nevertheless, she nodded and floated up about ten feet from the ground, looking down to try and see when the little mouse would attack. She had an idea.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
The Bidoof decided to go for a Rollout. Too bad. "Rollout, eh? I WAS IN A CIRCUS", said Draca. She jumped on the Bidoof Ball, and rolled with it. "Eeeeh! Oooh!", she laughed, sliding in Bidoof like if she was a Bear balancing on top of a ball. The bidoof jumped, but Draca put him down with Dragon Tail. She used wrap on the Bidoof. "Ask for Mercy", commanded Draca. "Mercy! Mercy!", said the Bidoof. The Bidoof fainted. "Haha! Maybe this is fun!", said Draca. She was getting the hang of this!

Megaman765

Years
Mark cheered in victory as Len successfully finished off Shuppet. He was a tricky little Pokemon but he was able to take him out in the end. Floating up into the air was a bit of a dirty trick but Len countered with his own little trick to successfully hit him. Once Shuppet was returned, Mark returned Len to his Pokeball as well to let him relax. He smiled at Sammy.

"Yeah. Nice move there but I gotta play dirty back if your going to do that right? Haha." He joked. "Your not too bad. You held your own ground for awhile against Len. I'm still working on his strategies a bit so I was a bit off there. At least I know how it works in battle now." Mark said. Class was still going on... but he may as well have some chit chat with Sammy.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy Cooper

Sammy laughed at Mark's comments, unabashed by the comment about her playing a dirty trick. There was no point in denying it, but she wasn't ashamed either.

"Not a problem for me - you do what you got to so you can win, right? Len was awesome in that battle, when he started attacking while asleep it kind of threw me off my game a bit. I only caught Shuppet last night, so once I've trained him up a little bit we should totally have a re-match. And once Cubone is ready too."​

Megaman765

Years
Mark smiled again. "Yeah I actually just recently taught him that move. I didn't expect the random nature of the attack though. Dosn't work very well against ghosts so I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go against them." Mark added. He looked a cubone for a moment. He considered getting a Cubone a couple of times. They were pretty neat Pokemon and he always did feel bad for them... maybe some day.

"I'm always up for a rematch. I'm changing up my techniques all the time so don't expect it to be too similar the next time we battle." He said. He still had to teach Snype Will-O wisp. Heck he had a ton of TMs to teach his Pokemon with. He had a strategy with Able but first he had to focus on bonding with her a bit better...

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Cafeteria

Issac made only a few steps before hearing the door close again behind him.
Guess I'm not the only one in a rush to lea-

Rrrrrrr-
Issac's stomach growled.
Guess I should get food first.

Issac once again wondered the academy building, unsure where the cafeteria was. Before long, he heard a lot of voices and decided to follow them. He reached two large doors and peered through the windows to see many long tables inside.

This must be it.

He opened the doors and quickly looked around for food. As soon as he looked to his right, he saw a bar with breakfast foods and quickly walked over to it. He pulled his back off his back and opened it, putting the pokemon egg gently inside of it and then put it back on his back. As soon as his hands were free, Issac grabbed a plate, loading it with food and went to the first free table he found.

"Come on out, Trunks." He said as he tapped one of the Pokeballs on his bag before sitting down.
"Grroott" The pokemon said as it stretched out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy Cooper

"Well yeah," Sammy responded, tucking her hands into the pouch of her morbid hoodie, "and I've only battled one of your pokemon. So you've got lots of suprises left to throw at me. Hopefully when we have a rematch I'll have a few more pokemon added to my team. I wouldn't change any of them, but only having three to choose from limits your options when battling. Shuppet was the closest pokemon I have to having a type advantage over Len. It was kind of dense of me to use Cubone in the first place. Sorry pal, I'll do better from now on," she said apologetically, looking down at Cubone.

Cubone trotted over and hugged her leg, letting her know that it was alright. The last thing she wanted was to have Cubone feeling like she was no better than his original trainer.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus - Leaving class.

Gwen felt a wave of excitement mixed with nervousness wash over her at the prospect of being given a Pokemon egg to care for. Brock returned with a tray of eggs and began to hand them out, each was distinctly different from the last, some were solid colours with small details where as others were eclectic mixes of patterns and shapes. When the tray reached Gwen she soon found herself holding a yellow egg with black markings on it.
During the time in which gwen had spent in Professor Ajax's laboratory, Gwen had seen all sorts of different eggs and she felt a second jolt of excitement as she instantly recognized the sunny-yellow of the egg. It was a Pichu egg, and Gwen was very happy with that choice.

Brock asked the class to write down what they thought their egg contained, and Gwen did so immediately thinking to herself as she did so;

"Sweet, 5 extra points in the bag!"

Carefully cradling the egg in her arms she left the class and headed directly to the cafeteria, eager to show the egg to her two other Pokémon, knowing that they would both be excited to know that they would have a new playmate soon.
The egg was slightly warm to the touch, and wobbled sporadically as she walked. Deciding that she would have to research exactly what sort of environments would be ideal for a Pichu egg, Gwen wondered whether she would have time to also pay a visit to the library before her next class.

Back