• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Video Game(s) did you spend the most money on?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I usually wait for the game to be released as a collection - Main game and all/most of the dlc.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
MMM If we are talking MMO im easy around 10k... Yes 10k on cash shops over 5 years. Its pretty insane and I quit doing that stuff now. I just had to be the best. Totally isn't worth it.

I mean the gear alone cost 1.5k dollars just to make it, and was only available in the cash shop...

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I've never purchased DLC before, nor have I ever played for an online game. So the most I've ever paid for a game might be the $49.99 for an expensive Wii game.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I'm ashamed to admit that I buy a lot of DLC - despite hating the practice, remembering the good old days when you bought a game you got the full version - regardless of the price. I'm very selective when it comes to pointless additions (so, for costumes etc I'll only get the ones that I like the look of, and if additional characters have no trophies associated with them I'll ignore them entirely) but I buy most major expansions eventually.

The most I've ever spent on one game to date...probably Borderlands 2. I bought the limited edition and I've bought all the DLC, although I got a season pass, so it was slightly less than what it would have been otherwise. That said, I bought all the Dragon Age: Origins content as it came out as well...

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Forza titles; that series is like collecting Pokemon, but with cars. Forza Horizon got bashed by fans because there were like 20 - 30 cars in-game and everything else was DLC. So, they released a free expansion named 1000 Club to try and ease our frustration, but I don't know... I just want the cars even though the game is handled in a strict pay-to-get-all-deh-cars fashion.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Total War: Shogun 2; about ¤60. Most DLC I've seen is worryingly overpriced, but for this game is okay.

Last edited:

TY

Borderlands 2: They have so many DLC's avalible and theres even more to come, by far i spend like 100 euros for the game plus all the DLC that was avalible at that time

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the game that I've spent most of my money on. I bought the game on its release day, so that instantly took $70 dollars away for me. Then, every time they've released new maps, zombie modes, weapons, and other downloadable contents, I had to pay for them just so I can enjoy them like others do. I've also spent much of my money on Battlefield 3. This game had a lot of DLC, and I just had to get every single one of them. Plus, since I had this game for my Xbox, I had to pay for a monthly Xbox Live subscription fee.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
The closest I've come to spending money on a game that wasn't an MMORPG was Temple Run 2 when they offered Usain Bolt for a limited time, lmao. I fortunately have not gotten into the usage of DLC in games. Of course, I see the appeal, and if I was extremely wealthy, I would utilize it. I'm not, though, and don't see the point when you can still get through the game without it. If I spent money on a console game, it would have to be something I wanted horribly bad, because otherwise I wouldn't even consider purchasing it.

Now, I'm sad to say that my mindset with console games did not carry over to my love for MMORPGs. Back in the day when all I did on a computer was go online and play these games, I begged my parents for money to get more in-game cash and pretty my character up with rare equipment and upgrades. I probably spent $100 on MapleStory a few years ago. That was definitely a dark time, haha. Eventually, I got out of that obsession and now I never spend money on games. I'm relieved that I changed, because now I realize the uselessness of what I was doing!

Back