• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen May or Brendan?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I went with May in Sapphire, and named her Karen after myself. In Ruby, I went with Brendan - I just used the default name because I didn't have a go-to male name, and Brendan's not bad.

First playthrough of Emerald I also picked May and used my name, and currently I'm doing the Hunger Games challenge, so I'm playing as Brendan and named him Finnick, after Finnick Odair from District 4.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
May because she's cool af and was actually in the show. Brendan was dead to me once I found out his cool white hair was actually just a hat.

Spoilers....

I chose Brendan because I'm a guy and named him after myself, Brandon.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Brendan cause I was boy I played wen I was kid haha and myself or my "cool" nickname haha. It was like usernames before usernames for me haha

So... You're not a boy now?

I switch between both, which is weird because I don't normally do that. I used Brenden for the sole purpose that I'm a guy. However, I think I just liked May's design and personality more.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I picked May, because she was simply cute. Brendan looked too badass for me to play as was too obvious to pick, cos he was pretty cool looking and seemed really pumped for an adventure, if that makes sense? x) so I picked May, and named her Celeste (or May, if I feel like it). Gotta say, it seemed suiting to me :p

Brendan had the better design game theme wise, but May was adorable. Cuteness prevails.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I picked May because I'm a girl, but I think I just named her May lol. :3 I think I named the boy in Emerald James. I'm not really sure how I came up with that one, haha.

TheWanap

Developing: Pokemon: Cursed Time
Years
I took Brendan, because my own gender and named it after my own irl nickname xD

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I always pick the female character, It makes it feel a little more personal to me. Brendon is the one male character I kind of wanted to do a play-through as, but in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald I still went with May. :P

Years
I actually like both of them, but May wins in my book. After watching every Hoenn episode in the anime, I couldn't help but love her energy and caring personality. Even though I normally go with the male character in Pokemon games, I went with May more often than not when playing through RSE.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I've played through Emerald and Sapphire more than once, so I've chosen May at least once and Brendan at least once.
Can't tell you how many times exactly, but I'm pretty sure I was Brendan more.

I like his design a lot more and I felt more comfortable playing as a boy character at the time anyway. uvu

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like both of their designs, really. I usually pick whoever looks best with the team I'm going to use. :) But overall, I've used them both countless times haha.

Back