• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2012
Pokemon Acanthite official site is down for me...how bout anyone else? :O

This game is looking amazing so far. The Pokemon designs are phenomenal. Any word on when the demo will be out? :o

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
Don't ask for Full Game or Demo release dates dude, it's against the rules.

The Demo will be released when it is ready to be released.

And I must say, graphically, this is looking to be an epic game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2012
Did I ask for a release date? No. I simply asked if anyone had heard anything about it.

Don't get your undies in a knot.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Just to drum up a bit more interest in anticipation of the demo, I'm gonna release a couple of profiles for two characters set to debut in said demo.

Rival:
rival.jpg

(Character design by Nintendo Jr. with assistance from Afti)

vet840.png

(OW sprites by Jake)

acanthiterival-1.png

(Battle sprite by Sir Adamus)

The rival (I'm thinking the default name might be Lloyd, from the Welsh for "grey", as he is a grey-area character) is a boy who lives Alderford City and attends the academy in Elderwood City. One day, he doesn't come home from college on time and his parents become fearful for his safety and will ask you to try and find out what has happened to him. It turns out that he has been accosted by Team Rocket and forced to assist them in their mission at Larix Cave. Of a similar age to Kamon, he is often good-hearted in his intentions but is naive and easily swayed.

In the game, the rival represents what Kamon could be. He will always follow the path that you could have followed. If you follow the path of "good", he will fall in deeper with Team Rocket, believing their dogma, and attempt to hinder your efforts to stop them. If you join the Rockets yourself, he will end up seeing the true nature of Team Rocket and escape, and will try to persuade you to do the same and go to whatever lengths he can to get in the Rockets' way. If you follow a neutral path, the rival will instead share your goals and even help you sometimes. Whichever side the coin lands on for the rival, he will become instrumental in the way the story unfolds.

Kane:
kaneiy.jpg

(Designed by KangasKid18, refined by Nintendo Jr)

29p9mgx.png

(OWs by Jake, obviously)

Battle sprite pending.

Kane's rise to prominence in the Team Rocket ranks came about at the start of Argus' incumbency as the Rocket Boss. Argus had in fact recruited him to Team Rocket back in the days when they were under Giovanni's reign, discovering him in the modest surroundings of Vermilion City's docks, loading heavy cargo onto the ships. Kane had briefly served under Lt. Surge's platoon when both were in the army but his aggressive, reckless temperament had led to him being court marshalled. Argus, seeing potential, offered him a new career path and brought him to Giovanni.

Only a grunt in those early days, Argus was delighted to see Kane present when he gathered the remnants of the Team together. Kane was given Argus' old rank of Rocket General and would go on to lead important field missions with the goal of gaining a foothold in Merto and discovering Giovanni's whereabouts. With his brutal assortment of Rock and Fighting types, Kane aims to obliterate anybody who stands in the way of his objectives.

Characters and images relating to them are not for public use.

TheFallenOne

Creator of The Game
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 25, 2010
Hey Fang guess who it is? It's me TF1. I just have one thing to say. Kane looks similar to Bruno.

xshadowxcel

darkness swallows
Years
i waited for this game for a long time and im still waiting for it
this game is gonna be so great that i might forget about playing my white
keep up hte great work cause regular pokemon games are wont come out for a while

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Graphics look nice and the fakemon look pretty genuine, too. I love the new tile sets aswell.

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
that's all known and has nothing to do with this game, you're not the first person in the world to know any of that, in fact kamon being Giovanni's kid was confirmed in soul silver and the manga

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Every thing looks, great and the plot is definitely one of, if not the most, interesting I've seen.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING!!1!!! the screens are nice and the fakemon are superb. good game dude.

JustKidingYa

No, this time its for real
Years
Nice Fan Game But...

...its easy to sum up why he is that way in G/S/C/Hg/Ss
Spoiler:
and thats it, yep that it thats why he is that way in G/S/C/Hg/Ss Sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back