• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heartbreaks a Pain.

The Doctor

What!?
Years
So a previous post on this got me thinking, have you ever been truly heartbroken? I don't want to say too much on it in fear of reminding people.

It can be about girlfriends/boyfriends, family members or other things.

Do you feel up to sharing how you felt?

-

When I was younger my first proper relationship was underway but about 6 -7 months into it we started to drift and started arguing and one day she told me "it's over". She explained quickly why, reasons of which I don't care to divulge into, and that was it. We did get back together for another few months later on down the line but it didn't last long.

That first breakup really felt like my heart had been ripped apart. It was the first time I had been in love and it's been a few years since and I still miss her and it does hurt when I think of her.

So that's my quick story, anybody else?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Yes I feel that now. My boyfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago. Its had a really bad affect on me and Im quite depressed and its made me afraid. I have a really hard time dealing with it, that's all I am willing to say.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope.
I've been trying to think of something at least close, but I can't.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
A long time ago - what's it been, six years? - my ex passed away and I am still torn up about it even after all of this time. I grew up with her, I went to school with her, I spent my entire childhood with her. For some reason I got to continue on and she didn't. I think that's what gets to me the most. I got to continue on in life and I'm a really crappy person, and yet she did not. Over the years I've had the displeasure of meeting many people who deserve to have been taken in her place, but they weren't. For whatever reason it had to be her.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Kind of. At the time I believed it to be heartbreak and a terrible thing. But when I look upon now it, I realize I was naive and that what I was feeling was never even love to begin with, thus heartbreak could never have really happened, except in my minds own twisted version of reality.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Well it's not in a relationship, but it's still heart breaking...it was around the time of my birthday and my grandma asked me where I wanted to go so the whole family can have some fun during my special day! No one listened to my suggestion and they just went to a place they all think is best, it became a whole day of just the younger family members having fun and me completely shunned...on my own birthday

Crux

Evermore
Years
Nope.
A long while ago there was a girl who said she was in love with me, but she took a astronomical step back after learning a bit more about me. . .
I wasn't even really attracted to her, but I was trying to be nice.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
December of 2009. I was studying for finals, and he broke up with me abruptly because I "didn't give him too much attention". We were together for a year and nine months and we were steps to officially moving in together. I cried for weeks, including Christmas and New Years.

After that, every single guy that wanted to be in a relationship with me will get their heart broken because that's how I am, basically. I cannot endure another heartbreak.

Years
My ex broke up with me in 2008/2009 or so, was it? So yeah, I was in my senior year of high school. I could barely eat and have never felt so sick in my entire life. That still haunts me to this day, though I'm pretty much over it by now.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
At the time I thought 'oh, my world is ending/I'll never be the same/kill me' and that I would be heartbroken forever, but a couple of weeks later I was back on my feet and the boy in question was without a job and out of my life. It sucked ass, but I don't think I was truly heartbroken. I simply had the misfortune to walk in on him doing...uh...what Bill did to Monica, lol. Making me Hillary.
I hope to never experience true heartbreak, however. It's something that at this point of time I certainly not mentally ready to go through.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
My so-called sort-of girlfriend "broke up" with me on monday. To be honest it was more FWB than anything, so I didn't feel too much about it. Thankfully, I haven't felt a proper breakup yet.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
3 months ago, it happened to me.
After some misunderstanding, the one I thought was a friend turns out to defaming me, even though I have explaining to stop the misunderstanding... (that I was cutting ties of friendship because of that...) I was almost leaving PC forever until my other friends cheer me up that I cancelled my leaving, but the memories of it keeps lingering even after this was over.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I was never into the whole emotions stuff. My laughing is quite horrible, since it doesn't sound like laughing should sound (hard to describe). With love it's pretty much the same, I mean, I know that my family loves me and stuff, but I don't know how to feel...

Anyway, that doesn't change the fact, that not long ago (two years if I recall correctly) I fell in love with a girl. At this time it was my first time really feeling something (well, besides pain, of course). It turned out to be one sided and so brought me only pain (right after that she fell in love with somebody else). I somehow managed to at least restore some kind of friendship (if you can call it that way), but it took me a year to get over it.

Well, you can say it's the begin of an ongoing catastrophe, though, since that time I became a total outsider sealed up in a tiny village, with nobody to talk to. Even if I'm around people I feel lonely and I never feel like being part of them...I even developed some minor hatred against humankind ^^"

On the other side I had a lot of time researching stuff on the internet and even though it makes me even more of a stranger, at least it gives me a good time ^^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yes. Several times. Last time was the worst thing I have ever felt, even though it was all my fault. But I seriously haven't ever been as depressed and bipolar as during the year after that happened.

:>

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I sure have, I think it was around 6 months ago. My first girlfriend, my insecure self wanted to ask her out since I already knew she liked me, we where both in the same school at the time. She said yes, two months later she saw through me and hated what I was, she dumped me...

I was miserable for a while after that, however when I think about it now, I laugh to myself and say ''What the hell was I thinking?!'' I knew it was a bad idea, I knew I wasn't ready for a relationship, I am also slightly religious so a girlfriend at this time wouldn't be so great! I gave in to my emotions instead of thinking rationally at the time.

This relationship however taught me so much on how I can improve myself. I'm no longer insecure, what others think of me is none of my business, I also used to be the 'nice guy' that gets walked all over, that's all changed. This incompatible relationship literally changed my character for the better! I'm so grateful she broke up with me to be honest! I've never would have become the person I now am. ;D ...

I'm a firm believer that everything does happen for a reason.

Years
At the beginning of December, a few days after joining this site. I think it was the first...a few months before that I had attempted to go with somebody else hoping to get over her but that other girl led me on and I got angry, but not heartbroken, since I didn't love her. My pride was the only thing that was injured. Which was traumatic.

However, around December after spending over a year obsessing over the girl I used to speak to all the time before suddenly ending our unconventional chats...3 years ago now, I finally gave up. I cried for ages, don't think I've cried for someone so much in my life.

The worst part is that she used to like me at some point during those 3 years spend apart but got over me in the meantime. I had no idea and I try not to think about it because I only kick myself.

It's a really vulgar feeling and I'm glad I've gone through my teen heartbreak. It has set me up for the future. It has also thought me that I'm extremely bad at dealing with it.

Back