• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chris17

Shiny Hunter
Years
Shuko said:
Yeah, I'm in the process of searching out a shiny Treecko. The pictures are preset, so they won't tell you if the pokemon is shiny or not. Think of it this way: a shiny pokemon doesn't look shiny when you're looking at the whole group of Pokemon in your PC. The reason for that is that in order to simplify the code (and save space on the game, I'm sure) it's much easier to show a generic image of a... say, Altaria for every Altaria you have in your box. Even if one of 'em is shiny and yellow (like mine) it won't show up that way until you select it. The image you see in amongst all the others is preset. So is the one in the beginning when you're first choosing your starter in R/S/E. You'll just have to hit okay and wait through the first bit of the fight sequence to see whether it's shiny or not. And it isn't easy; I know. I've been looking for my Treecko for over a couple of weeks at least now... although I've temporarily put my search on hold while I play Emerald *Dodges the projectiles of punishment for her negligence*

Thank you so much!
Can i ask you if you have any shiny pokemon? :classic:

Kyogre-chan

Banned
Years
pkmaster said:
like this a mod told me i could come on here as much as i want and by replacement i mean nicer than rsgh5
And who would that moderator be?

rsgh has denied your access to the club. As co-founder, he is basically a "mod" of this club, which means he is fully entitled to do so. Understood?

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Hristo Karamanov said:
Thank you so much!
Can i ask you if you have any shiny pokemon? :classic:

Y'know, I hadn't even read this yet when I sent you my reply to your PM, lol.

Yeah, I have some shinies. :P The only ones currently in my possession are my "Golden Trio." I have an Altaria, a Fearow, and an Exeggcutor. I also used to have a Tentacool, which I lost when I accidentally restarted my game. And I also lost my beloved shiny ralts after I let my little cousin play my game and she restarted it. Oooohh... that one still hurts... >_<

Anyway, like I said in my PM, you have just as good a chance to catch one as anyone else, so keep at it! And when and if you do run into one, do whatever it takes to catch it! Always have plenty of Pokeballs with you (and if you're in a position to buy them, make sure you have Nest balls too. You don't want to wind up running into a shiny Pogey that's at level 12 when all yours are around level 40, lol). And if you run into one that's likely to flee (like a Hariyama, for example) there's no shame in using your master ball on it, as far as I'm concerned. ^_~ But aside from that, try not to get too stressed out when (or if) it winds up taking you a while to find one. All the [shiny] pokemon I've run into appeared when I wasn't trying to find one... except that $^#$ gold poochyena that appeared when I was trying for a shiny Treecko... *grumble grumble...* It's all a matter of how you want to play the game. I prefer to catch a whole bunch of pokemon and breed 'em. And in doing so, I've run into my share of shinies. Just do whatever it is you find the most fun, and sooner or later, I'm sure you'll run into one. :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
trainers card options for jaws:
jaws29gw.gif
or
jaws16ip.gif

edit: i'm searching for shiny feebas

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
rsgh5 said:
and battle fronteir already?? i just got surf... *shamed*

Don't be ashamed, you probably have better things to do. Yeah BF already, my Blaziken's lvl 80, have 100 pkmn caught - I can't find Kyogre and Groudon though, well half way - I know the routes they are on but don't know *where* they are... something about caves. "AUGH!" Pulls hair out. Blinks at people stareing. Any one know what I'm stupidly missing?

-?-White Wolf-?-

Mightyena Rocks!
Years
rsgh5 said:
yaya, welcome aboard! you can call me... rsgh5 or ryan or co-founder, or.... the midnight shiny hunter *oooo ahhhh*
and pkmaster, please don't lie to us. we told you to leave, a mod told you to leave. there's really no nice way to say that we don't want you here. so, please, don't bother us. i'll start adding on to your bad rep if you post here again along with notifying kyorge-chan. whatever mod "said it was ok" is most likely not a mod of "mixed community groups" so it's irrelivent what they say (if they even said it). so, please, just go. (and now i finish work on crystal butterfree's card, then jaws and pokemunna)

edit: here's crystal butterfree's card
cb1bs.gif

edit: here's pokemunna's card
munna8wg.gif

Can you tell me a bit how it works? :P

outlaw

The Dark One
Years
Meh not much luck for me *gloats about nummy his shiny numel* first shiny ever ^^ *gloats more* must catch shiny absol! or shiny fire pokemon O.o. *searchs for a shiny while beating the crap out of liza and tate* die stupid twins!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
O_O im in shock.....1. DO NOT POST HERE and 2. since when am i 'happily paired' with you!, anywho on a more shiny related note still no luck with shiny phanpy, but i will hunt night and day till i get it (not literaly)

Chris17

Shiny Hunter
Years
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
Don't be ashamed, you probably have better things to do. Yeah BF already, my Blaziken's lvl 80, have 100 pkmn caught - I can't find Kyogre and Groudon though, well half way - I know the routes they are on but don't know *where* they are... something about caves. "AUGH!" Pulls hair out. Blinks at people stareing. Any one know what I'm stupidly missing?

After you beat elite four go to weather institute it is close to fortree city talk with the man on the second floor and he will tell you where you can find kyogre and groudon.Be careful both of them are on level 70 so bring powerful pokemons and a lot of ultra balls or master ball.I've them both on emerald.

BluePhoenix

http://www.pokefusion.com
Years
Well I would love to join Shiny hunters club but I don't know how to catch a shiny pokemon. Will some one teach me how to catch these shiny type pokemons. Thanks in advance
~RAP~

outlaw

The Dark One
Years
o.o buy lots and lots of pokeballs because they can be anywhere, once you start looking in the grass areas after a few hours or minutes (I got lucky it only took me 30 seconds to find nummy)

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
just pick a certain pokemon that you would like in its shiny form, the buy quite a few pokeballs, then if possible have a pokemon with the move false swipe which will leave the apposing pokemons hp at 1, then go to the area that the pokemon is located and search like mad, it takes quite a long time....trust me but don't give up =D

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Hristo Karamanov said:
I've them both on emerald.

*sigh* I know what routes mine are on, but the problem is I can't find them when I get there. Are they in caves? Do new openings appear? That is what I can't figure out... Please tell me. *Trys to look helpless.* My Kyogre is in the Shoal Cave area and Groudon is on route 114. Are they in Shoal Cave and Meteor Falls or did new caves open up and I am missing them?

I've not seen any new Shinys, but I did earn a Symbol in the BF. I need to shiny hunt more again, I've slacked off.

Chris17

Shiny Hunter
Years
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
*sigh* I know what routes mine are on, but the problem is I can't find them when I get there. Are they in caves? Do new openings appear? That is what I can't figure out... Please tell me. *Trys to look helpless.* My Kyogre is in the Shoal Cave area and Groudon is on route 114. Are they in Shoal Cave and Meteor Falls or did new caves open up and I am missing them?

I've not seen any new Shinys, but I did earn a Symbol in the BF. I need to shiny hunt more again, I've slacked off.

Just go here http://www.serebii.net/emerald/seacave.shtml and here http://www.serebii.net/emerald/shorecave.shtml on these sites you can find pictures where is the cave and how the entrance look like.I hope that I helped.

Back