• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Two questions. If I have two unused wondercards saved to Soul Silver game (both of which I have not picked up from the delivery man), would I be able to use them once I restart my game?

Can you sync a single Pokéwalker to two games without losing the progress (accumulated watts) made on the original?

For example, my Pokéwalker is synced to Heart Gold. I would like to sync it to a Soul Silver playthrough I'm starting, yet I don't want to lose my accumulated step and watt count in Heart Gold. Is that possible?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think wondercards would be erased when you start a new game file unused or not... but I never tried such a thing.

I don't think you can sync the same Pokewalker to a different game without having to start over as well, as it has to store data for one specific game at a time - it shouldn't have the capacity to have multiple file compatibility.

slickmario

nomnomnom
Years
Yes, wonder cards will be deleted.

No, you mat not use a single Pokewalker for two different games (if you delete your save file, you must reset the Pokewalker).

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
That's unfortunate about the wonder cards. I would like to clarify about the Pokéwalker question though. When you reset your Pokéwalker, does it reset your in-game step/watt count?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Can you trade from Pearl (National Dex) to Soul Silver (No National Dex.)
Like, if the party in pearl only has Johto Pokemon, can you?

Yep, possible. I traded my torterra from my platinum to my soul silver since I had trouble with my first E4 run during my second playthrough. Only thing is that instead of showing a pokedex number in the pokemon's status, it just shows a few question marks.

Obviously, it was platinum not pearl, but it should work either way.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
You can trade any 1st-4th gen Pokemon from the 4th gen games to HGSS before you get the national dex - can be more than Johto/Kanto Pokemon. Its data just won't be updated in HGSS until you get the National dex.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That shouldn't change anything. Maybe one of the games aren't legit or there's dust or somthing stopping it. Certainly the DS should communicate just fine with the 3DS; I've tried so myself.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
im trying to breed a Flying type pokemon that will know brave bird and sky attack, any suggestions

Will that's kinda hard to say. Do you have any idea what Pokemon you want to breed? You haven't got much of a choice since the only breed-able flying-types to get those moves are Tailow, Murkrow and Skarmory.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
Years
after 500 hours of game play I just noticed that bell to the east of the house where Bill is in goldenrod city... is it just for decoration?

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
i have a breeding question.

if you have a hacked pkmn and breed it with a ditto.
is the baby considered hacked? or no?

Perriechu

Years
i have a breeding question.

if you have a hacked pkmn and breed it with a ditto.
is the baby considered hacked? or no?

Some people consider the offspring a hack; but not many.

It is considered legit in terms of legit checking programs, though.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
if its legit under legit checking programs... how do people find out that the parents were hacks?

Perriechu

Years
if its legit under legit checking programs... how do people find out that the parents were hacks?

Probably because someone informed them. \: All I know is that they come out legit because I've done it myself in Gen IV.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

Probably because someone informed them. \: All I know is that they come out legit because I've done it myself in Gen IV.

I'd like to add to this that while the offspring may be considered legit. Purposefully breeding using hacked parents is strongly looked down upon. If you know the parents are hacked, I highly suggest you don't use them to breed stuff.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
another question:

im EV training 2 pokemons and i lost count of their EVs.
can someone tell me how i can find out their existing EVs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back