• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
If you can afford it, get a 60gb PS3, but they're rare nowadays..otherwise..PS2 is really the only way to go for Final Fantasy as it can play PS1 games also, with that you get Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX/X/X-2/XI/XII, plus other ones like Tactics and Chronicles.
Only other options would be PSP with the 2 Anniversary editions, Tactics: War of Lions, the Dissidia games plus the PS1 versions that are available on the Playstation store, DS with III and IV (Probably the best versions of the two) plus XII Revenant Wings and Tactics A2, or you can go NES with I, II, III or SNES with IV, V and Mystic Quest.
Yeah, I know Chairman Kaga already gave a response, but mine said different stuff.

Would buying a refurbished one from Gamestop be okay? Or do you think it's better that I buy the new version of the PS3?

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015

Would buying a refurbished one from Gamestop be okay? Or do you think it's better that I buy the new version of the PS3?

If it's a version that can play PS2 games, then it's perfect for you, but if not, getting a new one can still supply you with Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX on the PSN store and XIII as a retail game. Plus XIII-2 will come out eventually..And XIV, but that really isn't worth playing.

EDIT: Oh and the new ones can still play PS1 games, so you can buy the physical games if you want.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
If it's a version that can play PS2 games, then it's perfect for you, but if not, getting a new one can still supply you with Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX on the PSN store and XIII as a retail game. Plus XIII-2 will come out eventually..And XIV, but that really isn't worth playing.

EDIT: Oh and the new ones can still play PS1 games, so you can buy the physical games if you want.
It would be the version that could play the PS2 games. And thanks for the reply, and do they still sell the PS2 FF games?

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015

It would be the version that could play the PS2 games. And thanks for the reply, and do they still sell the PS2 FF games?

Go for it then, then you have coverage all over.
Yeah, they're very easy to get used, and they all still sell pretty cheap new on Amazon and the like.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Go for it then, then you have coverage all over.
Yeah, they're very easy to get used, and they all still sell pretty cheap new on Amazon and the like.
Ah, okay thanks!

I've heard it lags tho, how bad is it? I mean one of my friends said it isn't that bad, but another says it's pretty bad so he got the new PS3. Not really bad I hope?

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
I've heard it lags tho, how bad is it? I mean one of my friends said it isn't that bad, but another says it's pretty bad so he got the new PS3. Not really bad I hope?

To be honest with you, I have no first hand experience of this, as I have an 80gb PS3 that can't play PS2 games, but I think there should be lists of compatibility on the internet which show the games that play well on certain PS3 models and those that don't.

Years
Should I get Empire TW or Napoleon TW?

I'm about to upgrade my computer, and I'm interested in getting one of those two games. I only have money for one, so I came to you guys. Which one should I get?

Moderators note: Merged into the Quick Questions Thread.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
This is the best way to compare them:

Empire:

+Massive, 3 Theater World (Although crippled by small # of provinces)
+Many different nations to choose from (Sharing the same bland, cookie cutter format albeit)
+Fire by Rank
+Open Ended Campaign

-AI (Campaign and Battle)
-Bugs (Half finished on release and I'm being kind)
-Same units for each army mostly
-Same ships for each navy
-Doesn't feel polished (Wonder why)

Napoleon:

+Better AI
+More army differentiation
+Attrition and Supply System
+More, smaller regions
+Better art design (completely subjective, but the 'portraits' in ETW were horrible)
+Physically larger campaign map
+Enhanced GFX engine

-Smaller scope
-Cost high for what is essentially a glorified expansion
-little, if any integration or enhancement with/for its parent game, ETW
-Only 4 nations to choose from in GC
-was developed and released during a time when CA should have been focusing all its energy on repairing and upgrading Empire

Hope this helps.​

Richard Nixon

Banned
Years
Is super mario bros 64 better on wii or ds?

Just answer to the title. Wii or DS? If I were to vote it would be DS.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's better on the N64. /shot

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
I would have to say the N64, too. I do like the visual updates that the DS brought, but...not so much on playing as 5 different characters.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
N64.
Original FTW.
Wii...EHHH.
Ds I liked it
But overall N64 is the best for that game.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
I think it's better for DS, but it's definitely best for the N64 /shot

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I have a question. I've recently seen Tales of Vesperia go cheap on the Xbox Live Marketplace, and I've seen reviews of the game and it looks like the game anyone should get. Does anyone have any first-hand experience and can tell me to get it at all?

Years
The reviews say it all. I have played it with a friend when I was around his and it was a very fun game.

If you like games like that, very simple answer for you, if not, read more into the reviews and see!​

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
Years
my game is giveing me problems, its the elder scrolls 4 OBLIVION (game of the year btw), anytime i enter the overworld, CRASH! enter sewers? CRASH! enter any area w/ water? CRASH! exit a city (e.g: BRUMA)? CRASH!

i tried alot of things 2 fix it, patches, modding the .idi file, downloads... no luck, i rly need help... but i tried a site... it says the hardware t&l (transform and lighting) fails, but my game l4d, has the same problem, but it dznt crash, only lags (major lag in dead air)

im not buying a new comp... cnt afford 1 but other ideas r majorly welcome

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
DS battery-powered charger?

Is there a such thing as a charger for my DS Lite that I can take on the go with me that doesn't have to plug into something (i.e. a car, wall outlet, etc.)? I have a charger I carry with me for my iPod that runs on AA batteries. Does such a thing exist for the DS Lite? So far I'm not having luck finding anything. Finally, is there something like this for the 3DS? Someday I'm sure I'll have to upgrade and when I do I'd want something to charge this while I'm out as well.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Is there a such thing as a charger for my DS Lite that I can take on the go with me that doesn't have to plug into something

Hahaha, that's a funny sounding question. |D Ironically though, the answer is yes! There are several types of "Charge at home, then use to charge devices away from home" type deals, such as this one, which very directly shows that it has an adapter for the DSi, among other things. The DSi and 3DS actually have the exact same chargers. (They're literally interchangeable.) So anything that works with the DSi should work with the 3DS.

Back