• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I really don't find myself watching anything in mine plan-to-watch-list that much, I always leave them aside most of the time and suddenly find a series that I really want to watch. And poof, the intention to watch anything in mine plan-to-watch list is gone!
Yea, tell me about it =D
I have about 160 want to watch series but I always end up watching something that is not there xD
So I stopped adding anything to my want to watch list 'cause you would end up there forever.

Years
I still add things anyway so that if it's something that piques my interest, it's already in my list and all I have to do is change the status to "Watching".

This also helps me when trying to pick series to watch from streaming services. And it helps me keep track of series related to ones I've already watched.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I normally will put any anime that interests me into the to-watch list. I then will never touch them again for eternity and go on too watch some crappy anime that has poor reviews because I can't be bothered to watch 340 million episodes of a series. I will read most anime if they have a manga equivalent since I can read a lot faster and can burn through 40 episodes of manga in an afternoon.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I do watch stuff from my list. :3 It was like 50 titles long. Now it is in 30s iirc.

Annyway, logged in just to say this - how big of an idiot Id have to have been to have dropped Soul Eater after watching an episode or two of it? And even not realising how well animated it is?! Good lord.
I'm actually watching this series now. And the OP is THE ♥♥♥♥.

Years
Soul Eater is fun. Sometimes I find the writing cringe-worthy, but generally it's pretty brilliant. More than a few tropes were employed, though. I've nearly finished the series after following it weekly through Toonami.

derozio

Years
I've seen one ep of it and the fight scenes were the stand outs for me. So, so well directed. Expected of Bones. Look amazing. And I adore the art style.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Soul Eater is really fun. I binged the entire series in a couple of days. I thought it was amazing, and it truly is well animated, especially when it comes to fight scenes such as Maka's spinning around with Soul (see: opening two). idk it's just awesome imo

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Soul Eater is good, but ending will make you angry because of how stupidly it was done...

I agree. It was one of those 'wow they can't possibly have any tricks left' and then suddenly a literally impossible twist that just chalks the main character up to Mary Sue level. :( I was hoping that wouldn't even happen in Soul Eater what with the well rounded characters, but ah well.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I agree. It was one of those 'wow they can't possibly have any tricks left' and then suddenly a literally impossible twist that just chalks the main character up to Mary Sue level. :( I was hoping that wouldn't even happen in Soul Eater what with the well rounded characters, but ah well.
Considering how old SE anime is and manga ended year ago, it was kinda expected that anime wouldn't adapt manga 100%. They should have waited with adaptation :/

derozio

Years
BONES seem to have a thing where they generally only take unfinished projects. First SE and now Noragami. And I heard they generally go for anime original endings too.

Original FMA was done by them too iirc. Can only hope they decide to give it a reboot or some other production house (with lots of money and talent. Like maybe madhouse. Id say KyoAni as they have both money and talent but...yeah, they arent doing this lol) does it FMAB style.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Majority of studios pick up unfinished source material. Most of the things airing now will not have their true ending animated.

derozio

Years
I guess. But both Soul Eater (esp this one) and Noragami are series which deserve a full adaptation of their source material, imo.

derozio

Years
It picks up after a while. And the manga chapters are where it gets awesome. Anime wont be covering the really good parts, sadly. It has a very interesting cast and decent amount of character development (large part can be seen in manga) for them.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Noragami's anime is killing me with how it will end (it just now diverged from the manga) and how it won't cover the manga's chapter 20s, which really made me love the series. It's just not going to touch over a lot of development and reveals. Why must it only be 12 episodes? I suppose there is room for a season 2. Bones!!! ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back