• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Oh God why did I post that?!?"

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Do you ever look back at old posts on PC or other forums? (More specifically on PC) What is your reaction to your old posts? Are you the person who are just like "What the bleep did I type?" Would you say the quality of your posts now has improved since you joined?

I love looking at old posts on here or any forum. Particularly my intro thread cause it brings back memories , but I wish I didn't format it so weirdly and got into so much detail about my forum history.

While I don't particularly hate a lot of my old posts on PC , but I do when I look at of my old posts from Gaiaonline's forums. For starters I was only 13 when I first joined and so I was still very immature back then. I tend to think it was cool to add a bunch of emotions and be super-excited about everything. Plus I was rather mean and bitter sometimes and didn't know about proper behavior on the internet.
Here's an example of what one of my post and what I consider my worst one that I now regret:
(Censored for language.) Warning big image.
Spoiler:

I would definitely say my posts have improved in quality since my early Gaia days. By the time I joined PC, I already accustomed to using a forum so I didn't really have trouble with knowing how to do certain coding and such. Plus I've learned more proper internet and forum behavior. Though I definitely would say PC has even changed my post quality even more. Now I know what's not right to post or what's not necessary to make a topic on. I think out my responses more and I've seen myself act a lot more maturely since I joined Gaia.

What about you guys?

Years
This was my very first post on PC, over in the Fifth Generation Gaming section. Well it was actually Black and White back then but see if you can compare this to the posting style I do today.

Spoiler:

*Screencapped recently

I was such a noob back when I posted that and it was nice looking back on that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I go look at my old posts occasionally when I'm trying to find some thread from ancient times for other reasons and I just cringe. Thank god I'm no longer anything like the person that posted those.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I would look at older posts sometimes (especially my intro thread), and I'm glad that I've been improved more than when I was before.

Last edited:

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
I don't bother looking back,i post according to my mood so i won't remember how was my mood in every post i posted..so i just keep posting anyway.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I look at my old posts when I want to reminded how far on PC I have come. Most of my old posts are just too weird if you ask me.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Yep, I remembered the days when I was a role playing freak and a pretend know-it-all pokemon genius. The years passed with some hiatus I can definitely say to meself that I'm mature morally and socially here in PC.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Oh my, Kura... the... smiley overload. A lot of the times I wonder why did I post something... but I have no filter so I end up regretting it later and maybe editing it. :x

Years
Oh boy. I've been here close to 9 years now, so of course I've got awful posts. The farther back I go, the harder I facepalm. The quality of my posts have vastly improved over the years and I'm sure they'll continue to do so. It's just part of growing up.

Sometimes I'll look back at my posts and go "why did they mod me back in 2005 again? And why did they keep promoting me??"

Here is my introduction thread. I don't know if the original post or me editing it later is more embarrassing. There was also a suggestion in CQ&F that was titled werid quesiton-thing...... that I misspelled. Oh joy. I could probably dig through both of my accounts and keep finding weird crap I posted and thought was a good idea at the time.

I wonder if Joe still googles his name...

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Oh my god, I cringe when I think about my older posts. That's precisely why I made no real effort to recover the info from my old accounts. The thought of how I used to be makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Sometimes I think about if I'll experience this feeling again a few years down the line with who I am today. It's entirely possible.

Years
I NEVER look back at older posts of mine. Why? When I move along in a forum, I consider my older posts as "immature me", and that was kinda why I took a large hiatus from PC in 2010. I felt that I was bitten at whenever I had posted, but that was when I was 15 years of age, and I took a lot of things very seriously. Nowadays I don't.

Also, it's the same here at PC as it was elsewhere back then. It happened at another forum I joined when I was 13, and I will say, looking back at those posts make me feel upset and almost make me want to tear up a bit on "why did I even act like that?" ;(

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Augh, yes. >_>
I also occasionally dig through facebook and delete old posts/comments there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Naw. I leave that stuff to the past though I probably have said some noobish things ^^; I don't worry about it too much and mostly focus on making good posts now.

droomph

weeb
Years
My first post was in the emulation forum and I spent…um, about 6 months to build up the nerve and about 2 hours to format it just correctly so I wouldn't get infracted or looked down upon :p

So yeah, not a very exciting noob story, but it is noobly nonetheless.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I don't think about my early posts here; I was 14 and anti-social as hell but some people assumed I was around 16 because my grammar wasn't too bad. No denying that my posts could have been better back then, but can't really complain either.

It's the posts I made in Gamespot, IGN, and Marriland back in 2007 that make me cringe. Fortunately I can't find them anymore but I still remember some of those posts.

And then my Pokemaniac10 account at SPPF - which I haven't used since 2008 due to forgetting my password and changing emails - was horrible. I typed with decent grammar, especially for someone who wasn't even 14 at the time, but you could tell I was young and didn't grasp much of anything back then. I always strayed from speaking my mind out because I was afraid of what the older users would say so everything I said was short, simple, and often a repeat of what another, more respected user said.

Compared to back then I would say I'm a little more vocal now and not as shy to voice my opinions as I used to.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It's not the quality of the posts I cringe over when I look back in the past, it's the connotations those posts had in regards to me and the people around me. Immaturity; drama; venomous hate for teenagers on a Pokemon forum, those posts were just sad.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I read a few of my older posts from '10 a week or so ago. The grammar and whatnaught was fine; that's not the issue. I rooted through my User CP and saw a bunch of negative comments left on my posts, like "Just report it then" and "YOU'RE A TROLL" lol

Though I vaguely remember why at one point people thought I was trolling... I think it was when I said that I was 17 and met my boyfriend when I was 14ish and he was 21. People wouldn't stop calling him a pedophile even though in Canada, it's not illegal to be romantically involved with someone over the age of 21 if you're 16 (which is when we met in real life). Plus, it's not like once I turned 18 he left me and moved on to some younger broad. We're still together three years after-the-fact. I guess that's a big *hand gesture* to the people who called me a liar and a troll back in the day lol but at the time, it was definitely a "maybe I shouldn't have posted that" moment.

But that absence did move me away from Forever and TwilightBlade. We used to talk everyday; I hope to rekindle those relationships over time, esp. since I've matured and developed a more knowledgeable, worldly view overall.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
You have absolutely no idea of how much I despise 10-year-old me. Let's just say 10-year-old me would fit on 9GAG and reddit very well... and by that, I mean "xDDDDD reaction face emoticon xD le epic troll noob". I guess I've matured thanks to age and browsing SFW parts of a certain website underage.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Yup. I've had awful and noobish posts on my old account.

Back