• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge (Revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Update #2

Grinded all my Pokemon to Level 5.

Thats all, I am very lazy and busy because of school, might have more time during the weekend.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Ultimate69
white
4 pokemon
has to be able to find in game, fully evolved, can be traded if found in late game

Slayr231 your team
Beartic, Scrafty

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2021
Er, I'll still do previous challenges but might need to swap the normal White n Black with extra Volt n Blaze...
Just might be slower,... Unless I respawn the team at varying levels (though natures n stats will be random). Reason: That EXP thing so no levelings. - Won't get very far in unless.

So, I request another two challenges.
Name: Decrosse, various in places
HeartGold
Pokemon: 6?
Restrictions: Pokemon that fits what Movie Transformers Autobots might be; Exclude NFE. No Legends

Name: Decrosse, various in places
SoulSilver
Pokemon: 6?
Restrictions: Pokemon that fits what Movie Transformers Decepticons might be; Exclude NFE. No Legends

Has to be Pokemon found in game region.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hmm. It's been a while.

Spr_BW_Preschooler_F.png

Player: Preschooler Allison
Game: White
Badges: 6

018.gif

Halcyon / Pidgeot (f) lv. 38
Fly, Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Sand-Attack

028.gif

Orion / Sandslash (m) lv. 38 @ Scope Lens
Dig, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, Rollout

407.gif

Loraine / Roserade (f) lv. 38 @ Miracle Seed
Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Sludgebomb, Giga Drain

332.gif

Malkin / Cacturne (f) lv. 38 @ Big Root
Absorb, DynamicPunch, Leech Seed, Faint Attack

444.gif

Austere / Gabite (f) lv. 38 @ Charcoal
Earthquake, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Strength

600.gif

Kerberos / Klang lv. 38 @ Magnet
Charge Beam, Gear Grind, Bind, Automize

Dr. Slavic

Last of the Wailords
Years
-- Update 3 --

Well, I completed my Ruby Random Challenge, and I must say it's nice to try new Pokemon out. I enjoyed this quite a lot, and it's happy to replay Ruby again, brings back nostalgic memories.

Spoiler:

1_zpsd906ef5c.png
2_zps2f8e2c9b.png
3_zpse61e4559.png
4_zps4fdd5d84.png
5_zpseb2fe607.png
6_zps8b62ce47.png
7_zps2c4d7934.png
8_zps8f736309.png
9_zpsf64b9014.png

~-~ Team ~-~
Spoiler:

~-~ Team Synopsis ~-~

MVP - Ms. Fortune
Spr_3e_359.gif

Ice Beam - Slash
Bite - Perish Song​

Ms. Fortune was a good Pokemon to pick up, and the only one on the team I've used before. Her high Attack and wide moveset allowed her to fit into any battle, while trading off TMs to balance out the moves. Ice Beam was added to replace Thunderbolt once I had enough Electric moves on my team from Elektra and Gulliver. Ice Beam also allowed Ms. Fortune to take on Mr. Freeze's role against Drake, when I went up against his Pokemon with Flamethrower. Slash and his high-crit ratio, along with high Attack, made this an essential attack to have. Bite, while not complemented by any particular Special Attack stat, received the STAB and the bonus from the Blackglasses, and, since Ms. Fortune was relatively fast, allowed her to cause the opponent to flinch often enough. Perish Song was acquired in the last battle against Steven, but was never effectively used ever. Ms. Fortune was definitely the best Pokemon on my team, and I had expected as such.

LVP - Gulliver
Spr_3e_279.gif

Surf - Fly
Shock Wave - Protect

Gulliver was very good in the first few gyms, allowing me to breeze through Roxanne, Brawly, Flannery, and Norman with a great deal less hassle. Having Shock Wave was somewhat useful, but Gulliver's stats really didn't allow him to be useful later on. Surf was actually useful later on in game, taking out annoying Ground and Rock types who could've been a lot more annoying, especially during the Steven battle. Fly was just a convenient move for travel, but since it was a 2-turn move, Gulliver rarely used the move. Shock Wave was a fairly decent move before picking up Ms. Fortune and Elektra, as it was the only good attack I had for Flying and Water types. Protect was the attack that allowed me to beat Norman's Slakings, but other than that the move wasn't particularly helpful. Unfortunately for Gulliver, between a limited movepool and less-than-good stats, and earned him the spot of Least Valuable Pokemon.

Madonna
Spr_3e_295.gif

Flamethrower - Strength
Hyper Beam - Howl

Madonna was a difficult Pokemon to use as a Whismur, with few moves and weak stats, but picked up strength on the team. Madonna was a good Pokemon on the team, and she was one of the more used Pokemon on my team. Flamethrower was a move on Madonna since she was a Loudred, and was extremely useful against Grass and Steel types who posed a problem. Strength was the basic go to move, as it was boosted by STAB and her Silk Scarf. The same went for Hyper Beam, but only stronger and sparingly used. Howl was used against annoying Intimidate and Growl users to patch her Attack back up. Madonna was my main hitter on Glacia, and in general was just a good member of my team.

Elektra
Spr_3e_026.gif

Thunderbolt - Dig
Flash - Slam

Elektra was an extremely annoying Pokemon to find, but once I did, she was able to be evolved immediately. Thunderbolt was Elektra's main move, as it got the STAB from her Electric typing, along with Paralysis. Dig was the attack used to hit Electric and Fire types when it was applicable, and was useful for escaping dungeons quickly. Flash was an absolutely necessary thing, because I was absolutely lost in Victory Road. Flash replaced Double Team, which essentially does the same thing more or less. Slam was her move to hit Ground types or the like, when she needed to, and also added a Paralysis kick, like Thunderbolt. Elektra was particularly useful against Wallace's Water Pokemon, for obvious reasons, and was a very nice Pokemon to use.

Mr. Freeze
Spr_3e_362.gif

Ice Beam - Water Pulse
Earthquake - Crunch

When I first caught Mr. Freeze as a Snorunt, I never thought I would be able to use him. No matter how hard he tried, he just kept getting knocked out through every fight. However, through switch training, eventually he evolved, and as Glalie, he was far more usable, with him and Ms. Fortune taking care of Drake on their own. Ice Beam was the move for Mr. Freeze, and actually froze the opponent more than I would have expected, making a very useful attack. Water Pulse was a late game teach, after Wallace, as a way to fight Rock types, should they become a problem, though I never used it. Earthquake was the final move of the game I used, and was another move useful for coverage, as well as sheer power. Crunch was a move I expected to be more useful than it was, mostly because I thought Glalie had a Dark subtype. This was the first time I have ever even caught a Snorunt, and, thanks to this challenge, I discovered the icy part of Shoal Cave I didn't even know exist. I enjoy Glalie, almost as much as I enjoy Froslass, and would gladly use him again.

-- End of Update 3 --

Well, this is the first full challenge I have completed, so that's exciting! I'm ready for another one of these, so I'm signing up again.

Name: Dr. Slavic
Game: FireRed
Number of Pokemon: 5
Restrictions: I only want Pokemon that don't evolve or only evolve once(I want a challenge!)

Just a quick question, am I allowed to hack in Everstones for this challenge? I don't need to necessarily, but it would be helpful. Thanks!

For dontstay96, your team can be... Roserade, Rampardos, Honchkrow, Bronzong, Octillery, and Toxicroak!

Spr_4d_407_f.png
Spr_4d_430.png
Spr_4d_409.png
Spr_4d_437.png
Spr_4d_224_m.png
Spr_4d_454_m.png

Does this work for you?

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
As soon I unlocked the C-Gear I traded over a Cubchoo and Scraggy, both at level 10, and after some training made short work of the second gym. I headed over to Castelia City and managed to beat Team Plasma with little effort. What a bunch of weaklings... Anyway I did some more training and when they were both level 28 I knew it was time to challenge Burgh. After I got through his minions I managed to win on my first attempt. Thats all for now, but I look forward to beating the fourth gym in no time!

LovingLife17

~Chikura~
Years
Name: Dr. Slavic
Game: FireRed
Restrictions: I only want Pokemon that don't evolve or only evolve once(I want a challenge!)
Hello there! This here shall be my first challenge, if I complete it. I've signed up for challenges before but school took over my life so I didn't manage to finish them lol. Outta school now so I should be able to complete this one! =D

For you Dr. Slavic your Pokemon shall be -
Tentacruel, Flareon, Golbat, Kangaskhan, and Hitmonchan

These pokemon fit the "don't evolve/only evolve once" restriction. The first roll I did I had thought you meant Pokemon that either don't evolve OR you'd restrict from evolving more than once ^^; so for that one I had gotten:

Graveler
, Machoke, Poliwhirl, [S-HIGHLIGHT]Voltorb[/S-HIGHLIGHT], Diglett
(woulda put little sprites but haven't made 15 posts yet ^^; )

So pretty much you can pick whichever of the two rolls you want lol

Let me know if that's OK or if you'd like me to reroll again =D

My sign-up:
Name: LovingLife17
Game: SoulSilver (Johto Dex)
Restrictions: I would appreciate it if NFE Pokemon were excluded :) , otherwise fully random!
Thank you!

I look forward to seeing what my team will be =3

Last edited:

LovingLife17

~Chikura~
Years
Since I signed up a couple posts ago, is dontstay96 suppose to assign me my random Pokemon or KimbosUnova? o.o

Thanks in advance ^^;

OH and do I also now have to assign Kimbos' Pokemon? Sorry for all the questions X3 Unsure if its literally the next poster or the next person to sign-up.

My sign-up:
Name: LovingLife17
Game: SoulSilver (Johto Dex)
Restrictions: I would appreciate it if NFE Pokemon were excluded :) , otherwise fully random!
Thank you!

I look forward to seeing what my team will be =3

Years
Since I signed up a couple posts ago, is dontstay96 suppose to assign me my random Pokemon or KimbosUnova? o.o

Thanks in advance ^^;

OH and do I also now have to assign Kimbos' Pokemon? Sorry for all the questions X3 Unsure if its literally the next poster or the next person to sign-up.

Yes could you please do mine.

Yours are Beedrill, Quagsire, Kingler, Ariados, Corsola. Enjoy!

LovingLife17

~Chikura~
Years
Thanks! Looks like I got a nice challenge there with so many bug/poison and water types lol, but it should do. If I run into any problems I'll let you know but it should be Ok I think :)

Challenge me please!
Name: Kimbo
Game: Fire Red
Number of Pokemon: 6
Restrictions: No hacks, no trade evo's, no NFE's (according to Kanto dex)

Okidoke! You're Pokemon are:
Tentacruel, Starmie, Ninetales, Arcanine, Lickitung, and Exeggutor

You got a nice mix, and will have to collect a lot of Evolution Stones! =D

Years
Thanks! Looks like I got a nice challenge there with so many bug/poison and water types lol, but it should do. If I run into any problems I'll let you know but it should be Ok I think :)

Okidoke! You're Pokemon are:
Tentacruel, Starmie, Ninetales, Arcanine, Lickitung, and Exeggutor

You got a nice mix, and will have to collect a lot of Evolution Stones! =D

Hi, could I get re roll on Starmie and Ninetails ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back