• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Apparently, the roaming Lati@s and legendary Cat/Dogs were set to IV extremely dismal IVs. My question is: is it possible for these Pokemon to be shiny?

And if it is possible, is it true that if you Mean Look Raikou/Entei, and they use Roar on you, they will be "gone" from your game forever?

Years
1. Yes. It would take an extremely tedious amount of soft resetting though right before you watched the TV in R/S/E. Not sure what causes the legendary dogs to start roaming in Kanto though, so I'm not sure when you should soft reset in this game so that they can be shiny. Soft resetting event Pokemon is also a possibility.
2. Unfortunately, yes.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Battle Frontier

Okay, I have Emerald, and this is the first time I am really going to try and tackle the Battle Frontier(Only went there before to obtain Sudowoodo and Smeragle). I have been told previously that taking my "travel party" into the Frontier is a bad Idea, sence they have either one or three HMs. Soo I was wondering if I should use three for the whole Battle Frontier, or three spacific ones to each buliding, and what (if I should) try to train him/her as, like EV stuff(new to that too), I just need a general all around good team to take in there. Oh and if this is in the wrong section, sorry Mods, please move to appropiate place.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
The IVs of Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are set when you give the Sapphire to Celio. So, although it may take a while, it is somewhat feasible to soft reset for them. I plan on soft resetting for a shiny Raikou this way in the future.

varial295

A pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2010
hmmm i usually stick with my regualr all around team but if you want a team that you want to just pump up with amazing movesets and stats go for it that would help alot but be careful it will take alot of hard work and dedication

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
I would advise against taking your regular team to the Battle Frontier. It puts you at a big disadvantage for many different reasons. First, for some reason too many people put the crappy HM moves on their Pokemon instead of using HM slaves. Surf is the only HM that is even worth anything. The next problem is that going through the storyline, your Pokemon's EVs get really messed up by all the trainer and wild Pokemon battles. It doesn't matter in-game, as the Pokemon you batlle don't have any EVs, but in the BF they do, and in some cases the spreads actually make sense. Probably the most important reason to avoid your regular team is that you tend to use Pokemon that you are emotionally attached to, instead of a Pokemon that is actually good. While you can beat the game with any of the Pokemon in the game, due to the bad mechanics of the in-game AI, most Pokemon will put you at a big disadvantage in the BF.

As for your team, you really want to focus on Pokemon that are strong and versatile. Swampert is a terrific example. It performs very well in the BF due to its great typing, strong stats, and the ability to attack with both a STAB Surf and STAB Earthquake. I typically take a team that consists of a special sweeper, a physical sweeper, and a good utility Pokemon that is pretty defensive and can support my other two. It is also very important to make sure your team doesn't share many weaknesses. The less the better. Self-heal moves are also VITAL in the BF since, unlike in-game play, you cannot cheat and use items during battle. Rest, Recover, and especially Wish will go a long way.

I am unable to get into too many specifcs right now, but if you want more help I would have you post a possible team and I can help more later.

Pingouin_7

The IVs of Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are set when you give the Sapphire to Celio. So, although it may take a while, it is somewhat feasible to soft reset for them. I plan on soft resetting for a shiny Raikou this way in the future.

Actually, they are set when you talk to Oak at the beginning.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2009
I am new to this forum, so hello.
I have quite a simple question.
Which is better for a WATER pokemon to learn, Ice Beam, or Blizzard?
I dont want a pure Ice pokemon because they deffensively suck.
Now, blizzard is basically stronger, but it misses more often and it has less PP than Ice Beam.
If this is the wrong place to post this question, sorry.

(Milotic with Ice Beam, Blizzard, Surf and Recover and wants to learn Rain Dance. What to delete?)

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Ice Beam is the better attack. Avoid Blizzard as it will fail you at the most inopportune time.

Also, do not waste Rain Dance on Milotic. You want Hypnosis instead. Hopefully you bred it to be Bold Nature too, since that makes Milotic one of the best Pokemon in the game with its Ability.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
So, I have all the badges and are going to fight the four.
Now, I need to level some of my dear pokemons and I wonder if there is a good place for this.
I read something about Aroma Lady, she iss supposed to be around Bond Bridge but i can't find her. Im suppose to "verse" her???
Also, what is EV and why is it so important to "train" it?
If I leave a pokemon at the daycare and he goes past a level where he/she would get a new move, what happens with it?
Also, do you get a better or worse Pokemon via the daycare?

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2009
Not gonna lie. I'm not sure about your questions about the daycare center. However, I've used the Daycare center to level up Magikarps until I can rare candy them into a Gyrados and I haven't seen any adverse effects in that respect. But if you use the daycare center to raise them like 40 levels, I'm not sure how that would affect the outcome.

So, I have all the badges and are going to fight the four.
Now, I need to level some of my dear pokemons and I wonder if there is a good place for this.

Here's how I trained for the Elite Four. It works perfectly if you have the Amulet Coin.

Save RIGHT BEFORE you enter the first battle arena.
Fight the Elite 4, and make sure a pokemon with the Amulet Coin is present in the battle.
Fight Lorelei until you've figured out her strategy (because she can get kind of predictable). And as long as you can at least beat Lorelei without using any revives or potions, you will win 13,200 as your prize money.
Then, even if you lose against Bruno, you'll only pay about 7,000 as compensation. So you end up (a) winning a ton of money and (b) you get insane amounts of Exp Points. Which works great if you focus the Exp Share on one specific pokemon.

HOWEVER

if you don't feel like going through that trouble. Go to Celadon City. Go west until you get to the hill right before that huge incline with the bikers. And then use the VS Seeker on the bikers there endlessly. With the Amulet Coin, you win a little over 1,000 for each battle, and cumulatively win about 1,500 Exp Points as well. (This obviously depends on which version you're playing. I can only advocate for FireRed and LeafGreen).

I don't really like training on Victory Road. It's a bit too tedious and you don't win any money.

Also, what is EV and why is it so important to "train" it?

This is easily the best most concise place to quickly read up on EV training.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/48969

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2009
Thanks, shanecdavis, i listened to your advice.
And, my milotic really is Bold =)

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
I used my Master ball to catch Raikou, was that a mistake?
Is there another pokemon which is hard to catch, or where you HAVE to use the Master Ball?

Alec_

Years
I used my Master ball to catch Raikou, was that a mistake?
Is there another pokemon which is hard to catch, or where you HAVE to use the Master Ball?
You should have the pokemon with Mean Look. So the pokemon won't escape. But if you really want Raikou. Then it's perfect. Well it's not a mistake. You can go catch Lugia Ho-Oh Celebi or etc. In a Ultra Ball. But with Suicune and Entei. Catch a pokemon with Mean Look.

~Fairytales.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
I can't find it now, but I thought I found a thread here where you could ask for advice on which moves you should put on a single pokemon.
Where is it?
need advice about Mewtwo/Lapras with moves/ev
Also, I left Aerodactyl in daycare to lvl 22, did i f*ck him up or should I try to get a new one?

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2012
Trading between LeafGreen and Sapphire?

i have both the sapphire and ruby gems (given to celio) in leafgreen and the national dex, and still can't trade with sapphire. i've backtracked several times, and still can't figure out what i'm missing. are there any requirements for sapphire to trade with leafgreen?

i've looked online through several different forums and websites and was not able to find anyone with the same problem. halp please :(

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2012
we tried that. we already beat the elite four. Do i have to beat it on sapphire to? What do i have to do on leaf? and What do i have to do on Sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back