• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Unova United [ALL WINNERS CHOSEN!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Caption Contest

Ghetsis: Here, take this umbrella.
N: Nah, I'm fine.
Ghetsis: Then, climb under my robe.
N: Um...no...
Purrloin: ...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So if I can, can I revise my post to exceed the 500 word limit? I felt restrained by that, and I feel that I can slap on some more to my story.

Yeah feel free to! While 300 was the minimum, 500 was definitely a guide and there's no harm in extending it at all :)

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Caption Contest:

Purrloin: Give me that umbrella, or face my claws
N: Should I think we should given the umbrella, I like my pretty face
Ghetsis: No way, man...it's mine I tell you mine
Purrloin: *pulls out claws*
N: Ok, it's your funeral...*runs away*

MiniBubblechu

Simple Fangirl
Years
Black and White 3 story:

WARNING: The new Pokemon listed in this writeup are COPYRIGHT to me. These Pokemon are my creations and are going to be included with a hack I am making. Please RESPECT this and do not steal my ideas/names of them. Thanks!

It all begins in a city by the name of Asterion, where you (the main character) were born and raised. It's now the biggest city in the brand new Unova. This time, the main charcter is older, about 20-ish. You were raised by your father/mother of the previous Black/White 2 game, to be a Pokemon trainer. Bianca, who has moved up in her line of work, approaches you one late evening to ask you for your help in helping her uncover the secrets of two new (legendary) Pokemon; Lunarius and Solaria. Delighted by this opportunity, you heartfully accept this task, and you are given your first Pokemon. After starting your new, exciting journey, you run into a fellow trainer, who is roughly the same age as you. As always, the two trainers engage in battle. Afterwards, this trainer by the name of Travis, becomes your rival, yet closest friend, throughout the game. Soon after, you come across an old warehouse, located outside of Nimbasa, which is occupied by Team Plasma grunts. Here you find Bianca being questioned about the two Pokemon of Unova. Attempting to hide in the shadows, you were spotted by a Team Plasma grunt who challenges you to a battle. Successfully defeating the grunt, a new officer of Plasma, named Sheila, confronts you as well. Defeating her, Team Plasma flees and Bianca is let free from her bonds. She tells you more of what she knows about these Pokemon, and why Team Plasma, she assumes, would want to capture them. After, you continue on your journey, meeting new people and defeating gym leaders, all while handling Team Plasma. Retrieving the 7th gym badge, Bianca calls you, telling you to make your way to Universal Mountain, a newly formed mountain in Unova. Making your way to the top, you (and Bianca) spot Team Plasma, with Ghetsis and T.P officer Sheila standing before two Pokemon. Ghetsis, as always, has managed to "control" one of them. Bianca tells you that they are Lunarius and Solaria, who are siblings; equally powerful as one another. Ghetsis has plans to dominate the Unova - and the world - using the legendary Pokemon Lunarius. You and Bianca watch as Team Plasma commands Lunarius to battle Solaria - who does does not want to hurt her older brother. Lunarius, being under hold of Ghetsis, forcefully attacks Solaria, sending her flying towards you and Bianca. Crashing only a matter of 20 feet from you, she has no other choice but to battle her own brother. Retaliating, Solaria releases her power, Solar Flare, directly at Lunarius. And so, the leviathans clash; Ghetsis crackling in his joy. You confront him, and engage into an epic battle to set Lunarius free of his control. After defeating Ghetsis, Lunarius is free of his control and turns against Team Plasma, blowing them off Univeral Mountain. His sister is poorly beaten by their battle, and so he heals her with his remaining power. Bianca, who has stood in the shadows, observing the Pokemon and recording research, is speechless. Because of your deeds, Lunarius challenges you, wanting to be your companion. After capturing Lunarius, Solaria pays her farewell, and flies towards the sun, continuing what she is meant to do. You continue your journey across Unova; defeating the Elite Four and eventually reunite with your father - who is the champion of the region. Returning home, Bianca shows up at your door again, thanking you for your aid in her research and so the story ends.

That was pretty long. Hope this is acceptable, hehe c: Thanks for reading!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Black 3 and White 3
Spoiler:

Caption Contest
Spoiler:

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
Caption Contest

Ghetsis: "Let me cover you with my robe"
N: "You have no idea how to use an umbrella, do you?"

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Black 3 and White 3

After two years, I'd expect to see... an old new Unova in the limelight again. I probably will also expect to see yet another pair of new protagonists, and the starters will be reused from Generation V again - you can probably see the games as something that straddles between Generation V and VI, in part by providing a closure on the Unova "trilogy", and also in part by providing direct continuity from the Generation V games to Generation VI in general, and with all the Pokémon being very familiar to anyone who had played BW or B2W2, it can be considered an "old new" game. Old, in the sense of keeping the Generation V spirit, and new, in the sense that it is a new game which can be treated as stand-alone, and also be able to relate to Generation V and VI directly, at least in story and continuity.

The games will be more story-centric than any other Pokémon game ever released, including Mystery Dungeon games and previous Unova games. In particular, I'd expect the story to focus a lot more on N himself and "What happens when you put all three of them together?". There will be something in the games that causes a third, unique, Unova-specific legendary Pokémon that will be in the Generation VI Pokédex proper, with said Pokémon back-ported to XY via 3DS patching and/or DLC off SD. Both games will share the same cover legendary Pokémon, up to and including the forme itself. The game will feature another, previously unseen new town or city, to introduce the player to the new Unova, two years after the events of B2W2. Said town or city will involve the use of Generation VI-style view ports to give the player a sense of depth, and give the town or city a unique feeling, compared to anything before B3W3.

B3W3 will drop Team Plasma and introduce a single villain character, very unlike other games, though there are other "teams" to distract you, as well as the villain himself, from time to time. The game will rely a lot more of set pieces in the story, cut scenes abound. The new villain has something personal against N, and we do not know the true identity of said villain until after the game ends, with the villain disappearing, permanently, due to unknown circumstances.

The game will end with the story, and not end with the League, which should serve as a throwback to BW itself. The game will probably be a love letter to old fans, and fans of the Unova games in general, with treats for everyone to see, hear, play, laugh at, and be generally memorable, just like what a good movie should do. There will be at least two climaxes in the story of the game, with one reserved for the final confrontation, right before the credits roll, involving people that everyone liked the first and second time around, all together, to put an end to all of this.

Generation VI-style battling and other mechanics will be in use in the games, but tweaked to ensure better balance in general, and it will work especially well with pre-existing Unova Pokémon. Battle graphics will get further refinement in B3W3, as it was the case with B2W2 compared to BW, with key being on the backgrounds. Generation V-specific Pokémon will get a lot of attention in B3W3, not unlike the original games, and a bit unlike B2W2. Extra animations will be present in B3W3, compared to XY, and to a Pokémon player, this is probably what's closest to the game looking like animation that came into life the most, before the next game, of course. All the graphical quirks in XY will be either embraced or smoothed on, increasing visual coherency.

Lots of old places will look like the "old new thing" - it's instantly recognizable, but it's also hugely revamped for the most part, to take advantage of the new view port in the Generation VI games. Many old things in B2W2 will remain accessible, though that does not rule out unpopular areas getting blocked off for story reasons.

Caption Contest

"You know... It seems like your cape's leaking. That's beside the point, though. Why you? I probably can deal with you later."

"... ... ... ... ... ..." (Ghetsis stays silent.)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Caption Contest

Ghetsis: From now on my child, after your long education by the Seven Sages, I hereby declare that you're ready to become the king and leader of Team Plasma, where you are going to liberate all the Pokemon from the humans.
N: But I'm not ready...
Purrloin: Meow~
Ghetsis: !!!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Caption Contest

N: Hey little guy, what are you doing out here in the rain all al—dad, what are you doing?
Ghetsis: O-OH! Nothing, um . . . just getting you two out of the rain, is all. . . .
N: . . . Who are you and what have you done with my father?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

Caption Contest

N: ...!
Ghetsis: Ergh...I'm not going to ask...y'know, Red stood on Mt. Silver in the cold for 3 years, and uttered those same 'words' when I spoke to him up there. And people say I'm crazy...
Purrloin: PURR??? PURRLOIN?! (Translation:WTF is Master doing with Misty's umbrella??? What happened to the one I brought him for Christmas?!) *cries*

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, the anniversary for Black and White Versions just snuck up on me...in any case, it's really nice to see an event commemorating these games! :D (regardless of what I think of their quality..although their lovely sequels did Unova much more justice, IMO.)

I would've loved to enter the B3/W3 contest, but I'm on spring break next week and won't have much access to a computer... Still, I like the concept of such a pair of games, though...

And for the record, I thought the Pokemon in the picture-for-caption was an Espeon at first rather than a Purrloin...mainly by the color of the Pokemon's skin, but then again, it lacks a forked tail with 2 prongs, which Espeon would have... XD

Last edited:

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Caption Contest:
Needless to say, N was less than happy when his father grabbed him and dragged him into the dark alley. The umbrella beating was just salt in the wound to him.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
If I'm allowed to do another...

Caption Contest

Ghetis: It's time you meet your mother. Your mother is this Purrloin.

N: Wha-????

Ghetis: Don't sound so surprised. Your real father is this umbrella.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
caption contest

N: why are you menacingly staring at me with an umbrella in your hand?
Ghetsis: Um... happy birthday?

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Black 3 and White 3
Two years after the events of B/W2, I think that Unova would become a thriving metropolis with lots of the cities becoming metropolises. Team Plasma is back again, but this time they are more eager than ever to freeze over Unova using Kyurem's power. You are a young Trainer from Humilau City, and you are getting your first Pokémon when Team Plasma suddenly freezes over a large part of the sea connecting the town to Route 21. As you travel throughout the Unova Region, you begin to notice that more and more of each city you come across is frozen and that less people are inhabiting each one. After a while, you gain access to a new hidden town and realise that all of the people have been evacuated and that they are hiding from Team Plasma, which motivates you even more to defeat Team Plasma and stop their evil schemes before they can conquer the Unova Region.

In terms of gameplay, you start in Humilau City and work your way backwards through the Unova region, being able to capture at least 450 of the 649 Pokémon. Trainers, Gym Leaders and Team Plasma are even harder than in B/W2, but there are lots of new places for you to train in, including early access to White Forest and Black City.

Caption Contest
N: Um... What are you doing?
Ghetsis: Shhh... Don't say a thing... Now bend over and let Purrloin and that random umbrella do their thing.

TheGuysThatHide

YouTube Noob
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Black and White 3-
Five years after the events of Black and White 2, you are a boy/girl from Accumula Town. In these five years, Drayden and Alder have passed away, two Universities are founded in Striaton and Aspertia, Castelia City has fallen into total economic collapse, Nimbasa's attractions have closed down, and the Marine Tube has cracked. On a routine stroll to Nuvema Town, you see Colress talking with two red-headed men. The people off at P2 Labaratory have been salvaging technology from all over the world, and have developed a makeshift Pokedex that now needs testing and filling. You eventually get said Pokedex, and Colress provides you with a Pokemon to fill said Pokedex.
Taking advantage of the terrible economy of Castelia City, Team Rocket has risen back up in a fashion similar to that of the gangs of the American Prohibition era, under a new leader. As a result, Castelia City becomes the largest hideout in Pokemon history. Being near the Desert Resort, they plan to take everything within it and sell it for a profit, including the Pokemon. The Gym Leaders are powerless against Team Rocket's empire, and the only person that can fight them is -obvious plot-.

Gameplay wise, you head to Castelia via the only route available (through Nacrene and Striaton) then progress around the Unova "loop".

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Caption Contest
Ghetis: Here N, take this Umbrella
N: Ghetis, for the last time, stop giving me random household items!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Caption Contest:
"Witnessing N release his friends into the wild made Ghetsis realize the error in his ways, and in an attempt to atone for his terror, accompanied his son across Unova returning stolen Pokemon. A rainy day on Route 2 he'll never forget."

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
Caption Contest:

N: Father, you have given me the great exclamation mark upon my head! God bless you!
Ghetis: I need no God, son. I need no Goddess, son. I am the God and Goddess of this world.
N: Say what? >_<

tnfsf11

New protagonists visit Unova for the first time to visit someone but discover that the region became rubble, only few people are seen in the streets & our heroes discover a hurt Pokemon under some debris so they help him out & the Pokemon decides to accompany them.
It later turns out that whoever destroyed the region were Hilbert & Hilda along with their Pokemon; they were cursed & possessed by a demon-Pokemon from gen. 6 who wasn't strong enough to demolish anything himself because he is a ghost, so he chose these 2 kids because their Pokemon are strong & obedient enough for this purpose.
Our heroes seek the 2 possessed kids & the awful Pokemon possessing them, and try to help & refuge people & Pokemon all over the region along the way, after a bunch of side-quests they finally reach the demon and kill it (or make it faint :P) then become national heroes...
Maybe they could start a new adventure afterwards? (the kind of adventure you get in every game)...

What do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back