• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon adventures: should it be a show or maybe a movie?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I've been reading the books and I just keep thinking i wanna watch this. It would be so cool as an anime. Its more serious than the normal pokemon anime. I think it would be smart to make it a show. They would make money off it. What do you guys think?

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'll agree only if they draw the anime in the same style. I'd personally wanna go back and have them follow Yellow around. Ratty was so cute as both a Rattata AND a Raticate.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Looks like nobody here has heard of the PokeSpe Anime Project.

pokespeanime.forumotion.com
youtube.com/PokemonSpecialAnime

FAQ:
It's a PokéSpe Anime made by ~20 fans. Some interesting stats: pokespeanime.tumblr.com/post/42936843566/did-you-kno-source-we-have-around-20
No episodes has been released yet.
Nobody knows when episode 1 will be released.
There is active development and they are still working on it. It was an April Fools joke when they "released" episode 1 and said that they would quit: youtube.com/watch?v=nuorXgagMj4

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
It's a bit ambitious unless they're going to cut all kinds of corners, but I'll be quite happy if they can pull of an episode. At least the style's there.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It would be awesome to have it as a show. Plus knowing that Satoshi Tajiri wanted to make the anime something like Pokemon Adventures and instead we got Ash is quite disappointing :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I think it would be awsome to see the charcters actually have a voice. Like when you see yellow its makes you think how no figured out she was a girl only cause she had a hat on. I would really like to see the gym leaders competition. Ruby and sapphire is my favorite arc. I would just like someone to pick it up as a show. Im wondering why the writer hasnt pushed for a show

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I also think casting would be easy. They could use the gym leaders they used for pokemon. Gary could be blue, the orginal ash voice could red. So on and so forth. They would need to cast new people for few characters

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I would prefer it PokéSpe was made into a series of live action movies. With computer rendered pokémon of course. I would want it to be a hollywood production though, with decent actors and an acclaimed director like Christopher Nolan or something that could actually turn the rather jokeful plot of the first PokéSpe arcs into something thrilling and beautiful.

Obviously that's never going to happen. But one can dream.

Second best would be a series of animated movies, drawn or 3D.

The R/B arc could be one movie, as could the Yellow arc. The Johto saga would maybe have to be split into two movies, or maybe one long. The R/S saga is so long so maybe a trilogy would be in place? Or maybe a trilogy consisting of 1 (R/S), 2 (FR/LG), 3 (E).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
with decent actors and an acclaimed director like Christopher Nolan or something that could actually turn the rather jokeful plot of the first PokéSpe arcs into something thrilling and beautiful.

Christopher Nolan. YES.

We should start a petition. Waiting on Superman, but if it turns out slightly lighter-toned than Batman, then he's the ideal person to do it, as PokéSpe is to pokémon what Batman is to superheroes really, just a little darker. (From my limited knowledge of the batman films since the 1980s :P ).
Hell, just get the Superman team - Zack Snyder adapted the "impossible" Watchmen graphic novel into a decent (albeit lengthy) film.

Obviously it'd never happen - the anime-based pokémon movies are hardly blockbusters are they? (Well, Arceus and The Jewel Of Life was top-grossing animated film in Japan, but that was only $50.2million). But it'd be pretty awesome if they did. I'd imagine it would have the potential to do well if they did good enough trailers (And maybe title the first one "Red" or something that doesn't automatically associate with pokémon).

Back to reality though, has the PokéSpe Anime Project still not made an episode? That's...slow.

Years
My first post in Manga thread. Boy currently I started reading the Manga and was really surprised how awesome story line it holds even more than that of anime. I should say they adopt the stories from manga rather those boring anime ones.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I think it is perfect to have two pokemon anime series running at the same time. One for the younger kids with Ash and Pokémon Adventures for the older kids i.e those who are still playing Pokemon and have been their whole life ever since Pokemon Red & Blue. The game trailer for B/W 2 have reignite those passion for better plot and more awesome fighting scenes. For those who haven't seen it, here it is.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
My first post in Manga thread. Boy currently I started reading the Manga and was really surprised how awesome story line it holds even more than that of anime. I should say they adopt the stories from manga rather those boring anime ones.
What manga? Pokémon RéBURST, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Pokémon Gold & Silver: The Golden Boys, Phantom Thief Pokémon 7 or one of the other 92+ official Pokémon mangas?
Get this into your head: POKÉMON SPECIAL IS NOT THE ONLY OFFICIAL POKÉMON MANGA, so don't call it the Pokémon manga.

It's just the one that steals the attention from all other Pokémon mangas, which leads to less sales for other Pokémon mangas and less Pokémon mangas getting published in English, which gives Pokémon Special even more of the spotlight, which leads to less sales for the other Pokémon mangas and less Pokémon mangas getting published in English, which gives Pokémon Special more attention, which leads to...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Calm down now :]

I can totally see why people refer to PokéSpe as the official manga. Even though there is no official one, really. It's simply the most comprehensive (and long!) series of volumes and it follows the game in a nice way while having each protagonist being unique and adding to the story with differing plots.

That's why I think if any, this is the manga that a movie or tv show should be based on.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Calm down now :]

I can totally see why people refer to PokéSpe as the official manga. Even though there is no official one, really. It's simply the most comprehensive (and long!) series of volumes and it follows the game in a nice way while having each protagonist being unique and adding to the story with differing plots.

That's why I think if any, this is the manga that a movie or tv show should be based on.

Sorry. There are three things that will makes angry when it comes to Pokémon mangas:

1. The microscopic amount of Pokémon mangas that aren't PokéSpe or movie adaptions that are being published in English.
  2. When somebody refers to Pokémon Special as 'the Pokémon manga'.
  3. How little attention the other Pokémon mangas are getting and how few discussions there are about them on Serebii Forums, Bulbagarden Forums and The PokéCommunity.
There are at least 92 official Pokémon manga series. It's not that there aren't any official Pokémon manga series, it's that all Pokémon mangas are official (except for fan works, of course). It's not a difficult concept. It's not like the main Pokémon games are the only official Pokémon games. The Pokémon Ranger series, the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, all of those games and a lot of other Pokémon games are official, so why is it so hard for people to get that every frickin' manga in Bulbapedia's Pokémon manga article and Dogasu's manga section (+ a lot more that aren't even covered on those sites) are official, with the exactly same official status as Pokémon Special? For a Pokémon manga to be official they have to be licensed by Nintendo, Creatures and Game Freak. Then it's official. At least 92 manga series match that description.

But yeah, back on topic: Pokémon Special is the obvious choice among all Pokémon mangas when it comes to which manga would be most suitable to be turned into an anime, since I want a really long anime if one were to be made.

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I dunno, I love Pokemon Special/Adventures and it is my favourite Pokemon manga series out of all of them, but if there was going to be a different canon of Pokemon anime then I think I would rather see Pokemon ReBurst in anime. The idea of the manga is awesome in my opinion, and I feel like because of it's difference to the original Pokemon concept I feel I would prefer to see ReBurst. Personal preference, but I had to put it out there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I think it is perfect to have two pokemon anime series running at the same time. One for the younger kids with Ash and Pokémon Adventures for the older kids i.e those who are still playing Pokemon and have been their whole life ever since Pokemon Red & Blue. The game trailer for B/W 2 have reignite those passion for better plot and more awesome fighting scenes. For those who haven't seen it, here it is.

...alright, now I actually want Black 2!

Years
What manga? Pokémon RéBURST, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Pokémon Gold & Silver: The Golden Boys, Phantom Thief Pokémon 7 or one of the other 92+ official Pokémon mangas?
Get this into your head: POKÉMON SPECIAL IS NOT THE ONLY OFFICIAL POKÉMON MANGA, so don't call it the Pokémon manga.

It's just the one that steals the attention from all other Pokémon mangas, which leads to less sales for other Pokémon mangas and less Pokémon mangas getting published in English, which gives Pokémon Special even more of the spotlight, which leads to less sales for the other Pokémon mangas and less Pokémon mangas getting published in English, which gives Pokémon Special more attention, which leads to...
Don't be so rude you know. I was referring about Pokemon Adventures Manga

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Don't be so rude you know. I was referring about Pokemon Adventures Manga

Sorry. It's just that there are a few things that really pisses me off. Calling Pokémon Adventures / Pokémon Special 'the Pokémon manga' is quite high on that list.

Sir Codin

Sorry. It's just that there are a few things that really pisses me off. Calling Pokémon Adventures / Pokémon Special 'the Pokémon manga' is quite high on that list.
Then I suggest you rearrange your list. There are loads more things to get pissed off about then something that trivial.

Regarding the topic, I really do think PokeSpe should be a show. It's got a much better plot than the current show, more endearing characters, and they've got plenty of material to go on right now, so it'll be a long time before they have to worry about filler.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Then I suggest you rearrange your list. There are loads more things to get pissed off about then something that trivial.

I was talking about in the Pokémon manga fandom. When it comes to real life stuff it isn't even on the list.

Well anyway, I would also love to see Phantom Thief Pokémon 7, Phantom Thief Pokémon V and Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! turned into animes.

Last edited:
Back