• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't come, I'm busy dying on the couch

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I usually get sick like once a year, and only for a couple days. I'll stay home and sleep all day, which actually doesn't sound too bad right about now. ;P

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Not often luckily, the lenghth depends on the illness. Im a germophobe to a certain extent and hate getting sick, so I wash my hands all the time, sometimes I do get sick with the flu or something and it isnt too bad though I usually feel miserable.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Maybe once a year. I recover pretty quickly, depending on what it is. I had some sort of bug about a week ago and was better within three or four days. It's annoying for me to be sick, though, because I'm asthmatic. :T So it fires up my asthma for a while. Oddly enough, in the morning and when I go to bed during a time when I'm having trouble with the asthma, my vision gets trippy. Sometimes to the point of hallucinations. D:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I get the common cold about once a year or so, with Diabetes, it takes a little longer to go away, about a week or so.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I get sick like once a month for three to five days, usually :( My immune system isn't incredibly strong and I'm rather susceptible to even the most passive of diseases, leaving me either bedridden or extremely cranky for up to a week :((((((( On the bright side, I get to sit down and do what I love doing: nothing. On the dark side, I'm usually vomiting while I'm doing so.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I never get sick. I don't consider a cold being sick and I get colds sometimes during this time of year but that's normal, everyone gets those and no one stays home for them lol. I can't remember the last time I was ill.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I rarely get sick.. once every year or more like once every two years. I just stay home and sleep the entire day basically. I do that so it lasts only for a day or two.. and the rest of the days are more manageable :3

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't normally get sick often, though I was very recently (yesterday) sick with a stomach bug, but it wore off pretty quickly. If I get sick, it either isn't very serious, doesn't last very long, or both, fortunately.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I used to get sick a lot as a baby. :p And now I get sick once or twice a year. My skin would get sensitive and hot. Also when I got recently sick, I had 2 nosebleeds at 11:44 P.M and it was scary. I couldn't stop it and it left a permanent stain on my sheets. Also it first happened when I was in the bathroom. All it left was many stains.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm sick for one week of every year. It's always a common cold, nothing more. I was an incredibly sick child; I always had asthma and the like, but I grew out of it all and now I'm an extremely healthy adult :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sick to where I've had to stay home? Not in years. I don't even remember the last time I stayed home because I fell ill with something. I've had the common cold, but who stays home for that, and the last time I've had so much as a fever it was overnight and was gone in the morning.

Knew drinking Orange Juice a lot in the past would pay off. Need to drink Orange Juice more often again though. I feel as if I've fallen lazy about doing so.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I get a cold twice a year and I get migraines often. Migraines usually last about two days and a cold usually lasts for two weeks with some effects still lingering in my system for about three more weeks.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I rarely get sick. It's one of my super-cool special abilities that no one cares about.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Since graduating high school (the most hospitable habitat for germs apparently) years ago I've rarely been sick. I think I've been sick for two weeks total in 4 years on 2 different occurrences, but they were mainly just fevers and loss of appetite.

When I read the thread title, I thought you were gonna ask how often you fake sick to avoid being social; which would be a lot more common for me. =P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm one of those people that get rarely sick, either I've been this way since I was young, or I'm just a bit of a mysophobe. xD When I do get sick, however, most of the time my illnesses get exaggeratedly horrible. Like this last time I got horribly sick. I got laryngitis, and I had to be in the hospital overnight because I had a fever of 105 degrees. Yeah, tell me about that. xD

Recently I got sick, but it was just a minor cold, I took care of it with robitussin. ;)

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I too rarely get sick, but when I do get sick it hits me like a brick. I've been struggling with developing bronchitis for a little over a month now -.- doesn't stop me from doin what I do though.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i rarely get once in six months but if i get sick it is mostly cough and it is difficult for me to breathe D: it lasts for one or two weeks . i just hate it >.<

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I haven't been to a doctor in about 10-or-so years, but I get one or two colds a year. That's about it really... but given my diet and the amount I exercise, I'm surprised I haven't had three heart attacks as of yet!

Back