• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Forest

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
Pokémon Forest

»Intro/Info
Base Rom: FireRed[BPRE]
Hey, LapeFruitz here. I'm a Pokemon Hacker/Let's Player.
This Hack of FireRed, Forest, is the first hack I have
published, even though I've been hacking for like 2-3
years or so. This is a solo hack, I do everything,
except the sprites, like OW's and custom trainer sprites.

»Story
Spoiler:

»Features
(There's not really many..)
The ability to choose!
Great scripts!
Great twists and turns!
New region to explore, the region of Lariûn.
All new half-exiting story...
New legendary Pokemon, the chaos Pokemon.

»Screenshots
01.png
02.png

03.png
04.png

05.png
06.png

07.png
08.png

newscreens.jpg

09.png

»Mapshots
Spoiler:

»Bugs
None that I know of, when I release beta 1,
please report any you can find to me.

»Progress
Beta 1:
Mapledot Town: 100%
Route 1: 100%
Gildon Town: 100%
Route 2: 75%
Gardur Cave:60%
Steros City: 60%
Steros Gym: 60%
Route 3: 0%
»Overall for Beta 1
Mapping: 70%
Scripting: 55%
Sprite/Tile insertion: 50%

»Programs used

AdvanceMap 1.92
PokeScript
unLZ.GBA
FreeSpaceFinder
NSE 2.0
VBA
OverworldEditorRE
A-Trainer
Paint
Photoshop
IrfanView

»Credit-ish
Kyledove: Male Hero Sprites(going to be changed very soon)
Wahack: Male Hero OW

Me: Everything else

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
This thread could use a little work. The story tells us absoultely nothing about the game and is too generic. The features also tell us nothing. So far all I know is that there's some guy that I have to stop. Stop him from what you ask? I don't know you didn't say -___-

The maps look okay I guess, although you don't show much. Maybe you might want to consider using shading on the trees? The hero sprite looks good but his Ow's hat/bandana looks too big from the side. I assume the female will look like the male? Some screenshots of her would be nice as well.

I could say more but I'll wait until you provide more detail.

Years
This thread could use a little work. The story tells us absoultely nothing about [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]the
[COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]game[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and is too generic. The features also tell us nothing. So far all I know is that there's some guy that I have to stop. Stop him from what you ask? I don't know you didn't say -___-

The maps look okay I guess, although you don't show much. Maybe you might want to consider using shading on [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]the [/FONT][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]trees[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]? The hero sprite looks good but his Ow's hat/bandana looks too big from the side. I assume the female will look like the male? Some screenshots of her would be nice as well.

I could say more but I'll wait until you provide more detail.
You know, I was about to say the exact same thing. This thread was pretty much approved because it just met requirements, but you should definitely lengthen the story section. You don't need to give away major plot elements (actually, I'd be worried if you did, as that's always a sign of someone who isn't going to take the hack seriously). But give us a bit of background info on the region, and.. Some of the other things that'll be in the hack or something. Right now, all I know is that I'll have to fight Khalgan at the end of the game, that's it. You should really give us a bit more on this.
[/FONT]

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years

You know, I was about to say the exact same thing. This thread was pretty much approved because it just met requirements, but you should definitely lengthen the story section. You don't need to give away major plot elements (actually, I'd be worried if you did, as that's always a sign of someone who isn't going to take the hack seriously). But give us a bit of background info on the region, and.. Some of the other things that'll be in the hack or something. Right now, all I know is that I'll have to fight Khalgan at the end of the game, that's it. You should really give us a bit more on this.

Yeah, I will work on the post, and give a little more spoiler-ish story.
Thanks to both of you, I really need criticism about what I can do better, thank you.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
The screenies give me hope, and the maps help, but there is no storyline! I know that's just what everyone is saying, but....

You seem to be a very good scripter and mapper. That's good.

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
The screenies give me hope, and the maps help, but there is no storyline! I know that's just what everyone is saying, but....

You seem to be a very good scripter and mapper. That's good.

I know, I am not a good storyline writer. I tried as good as I can, hopefully people will like the hack.

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
UPDATE!
New title!
MASSIVE change to storyline!
New backsprites to the male hero!
Pictures in spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Nice Backsprites, even though the hair doesn't match from the front.... and a much better storyline. Might want to change the name that appears in the forum though, it still says khaos. And you realize that duskull is an actual pokemon, right? Or do you actually mean the pokemon duskull?

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
Nice Backsprites, even though the hair doesn't match from the front.... and a much better storyline. Might want to change the name that appears in the forum though, it still says khaos. And you realize that duskull is an actual pokemon, right? Or do you actually mean the pokemon duskull?

I actually meant dusknoir, gonna change that now..
And I don't know how to change the thread name, I changed it to forest in the title thing, but it doesnt show up as the thread name, do you know how?

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I actually meant dusknoir, gonna change that now..
And I don't know how to change the thread name, I changed it to forest in the title thing, but it doesnt show up as the thread name, do you know how?

Honestly I haven't edited my thread yet, so no, sorry.

Is the other pokemon you mention with dusknoir a fakemon legendary, or just a fakemon?

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
Honestly I haven't edited my thread yet, so no, sorry.

Is the other pokemon you mention with dusknoir a fakemon legendary, or just a fakemon?

A Fakemon, half legendary thing, it's a legendary evolution of [SPOILERZZZ!]
Spoiler:

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
You don't have to change it just cause I said so, you know. Just wanted to know you knew that, because otherwise I would be sad.

Bahaha, I don't want anybody crying here mate!
But it will be a unlegendary becouse it might be better.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
You need to VM a mod and ask them to change it.

On to the actual hack, the storyline looks nice, and I like fact that you can choose a team to join. The maps look okay, but they'd be much better if you used tree shading. I also think that you should make the dark blue flower tile a little brighter. You don't show that much so that's really all I can say. Good luck, this hack has potential!

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
The maps look pretty good, but the back sprite doesn't look so good ( I know you're still fixing it). Also,the male hero sprite looks really good. Lastly, I don't understand why you changed the title from Khaos to Forest. I understand the evil team is hiding in a forest, but I don't think that would require a title change.

Anyway, good luck.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Well i think this is gonna be a GREAT game! Finally a game in which a DAD is not a gym leader or something like that!

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
The maps look pretty good, but the back sprite doesn't look so good ( I know you're still fixing it). Also,the male hero sprite looks really good. Lastly, I don't understand why you changed the title from Khaos to Forest. I understand the evil team is hiding in a forest, but I don't think that would require a title change.

Anyway, good luck.

Thank you, I am still working on the title. In my opinion Forest sounds better than Khaos.

Well i think this is gonna be a GREAT game! Finally a game in which a DAD is not a gym leader or something like that!

Haha, thank you. Dad is going to play a big role in this hack, I don't want to spoiler anything, so I won't, just saying that he will be playing a big role.

Other than that, the release for beta one will be somewhere in september, or even at the end of august, stay tuned!

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
A couple of new screenshots for you guys here!
newscreens.jpg

Progress has been kinda slow lately, been having a life and such.

Back