• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Champion Challenge!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: bulbasaur21
Trainer Name: Zach
Champion: Red from HG/SS
Game(s): Yellow, Crystal, Ruby

Welcome to the challenge!

one question before I sign up if you choose Blue, since he has 6 different teams (3 in Pokemon Red or Blue version and 3 in Yellow version) can you choose any of his teams or is there a "Canon" team we have to stick to?

As I've stated in the OP, you can use any of his teams, as long as the Pokemon is available.

Harmonixer3500

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
My first update on Pokemon Blaze Black using Blue's team. Started my game choosing Oshawott. Continued on until I received my Pokéballs and then captured my Pidgey on Route 1. After beating the first gym (needed Oshawott, Pidgey, and Pansear because my game uses rotation battles for all gyms) I placed Oshawott and Pansear back in the PC. During the Cheren rival battle Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto. I then caught an Abra on my way to the cave to beat Team Plasma. During those battles my Abra evolved into Kadabra. I then caught a Magikarp with the Fishing rod the girl gave me. After beating N again in Nacrene city my Magikarp evolved into Gyarados. Currently hunting for a Charmander and Exeggcute in Pinwheel forest.
Current Party
Pidgeotto lvl 23
Kadabra lvl 22
Gyarados lvl 21

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2013
Username: Caedous
Champion: Steven
Team: Pokemon Ruby Original Team (Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol, Armaldo, Aggron, Metagross)
Game: White 2 (I haven't finished this one yet =P)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: Caedous
Champion: Steven
Team: Pokemon Ruby Original Team (Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol, Armaldo, Aggron, Metagross)
Game: White 2 (I haven't finished this one yet =P)

Welcome to the challenge!

EDIT: Time to update.

-Renamed Spiritomb and Garchomp
-Finally hatched Riolu (it is male so I will not be using it, I will be catching another one)
-Caught Riolu (F, Lv.34)
NB: I did give her a nickname, however I will not be revealing it until the end of this update. This applies to Spiritomb's and Garchomp's new nicknames also.
-Captured the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage (F, Lv.40)
-Obtained the Red Scale
-Traded the Red Scale to Mr. Pokemon for the Lucky Egg
-Spiritomb learned Ominous Wind
-Spiritimb learned Sucker Punch
-Spiritomb learned Dark Pulse
-Riolu learned Crunch
-Riolu learned Focus Punch
-Spiritomb learned Water Pulse
-Spiritimb learned Psychic
-Riolu learned Poison Jab
-Riolu learned Substitute
-Gave Riolu the Soothe Bell
-Senkei learned Giga Drain
-Saved progress for now

Team:

Tenken/Riolu (F, Lv.50) @Soothe Bell
Substitute, Crunch, Poison Jab, Focus Punch

Wabisuke/Togekiss (F, Lv.79)
Rock Smash, Tri Attack, AncientPower, Fly

Senkei/Roserade (F, Lv.81)
Cut, Stun Spore, Giga Drain, SolarBeam

Zangetsu/Garchomp (F, Lv.78)
Fire Blast, Dragon Rush, ExtremeSpeed, Surf

Minazuki/Spiritomb (F, Lv.50)
Ominous Wind, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Water Pulse

Shirayuki/Glaceon (F, Lv.82)
Strength, Sheer Cold, Earth Power, Blizzard

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Seems that time frame of five years is going to be accurate. I'm finally able to post an update. I kinda forgot about this challenge, but luckily my save wasn't deleted. I only defeated two more gyms and am halfway through the game.

Screens:
Spoiler:

130.png

Levi the Lax Gyarados (M) @ Lv.39
Ability: Intimidate
Item: None
Leer
Tackle
Bite
Twister
58.png

Diego the Timid Growlithe (M) @ Lv.40
Ability: Intimidate
Bite
Flame Wheel
Ember
Take Down
65.png

Sam the Mild Alakazam (M) @ Lv.40
Ability: Synchronize
Psychic
Thunderpunch
Recover
Reflect
67.png

Norton the Brave Machop (M) @ Lv.39
Ability: Guts
Revenge
Vital Throw
Focus Energy
Karate Chop

Also I'd like to make this just a single run for now. I'll see if I'll do the next game(s) if when I finish this one.

Last edited:

Harmonixer3500

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
Having to restart my save file because of a bloody computer virus.... I hate having ton train Abra and Magikarp but oh well. Lost my copy of Blaze Black and can't find another one so I'm switching to standard Black version so I'll have to hack in my team. I'll probably just hack them all in at lvl 5 if that is acceptable.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Having to restart my save file because of a bloody computer virus.... I hate having ton train Abra and Magikarp but oh well. Lost my copy of Blaze Black and can't find another one so I'm switching to standard Black version so I'll have to hack in my team. I'll probably just hack them all in at lvl 5 if that is acceptable.

That's fine. These things can happen.

Harmonixer3500

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
I regret to say that I am at a loss of time for the for seeable future and must regretfully withdraw from this challenge

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I regret to say that I am at a loss of time for the for seeable future and must regretfully withdraw from this challenge

Perfectly understandable. I hope that you will return at a later date.

EDIT: I have little time free, so I am willing to hand over control of this thread to someone who wants it.

Last edited:
Back