• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
justinrpg said:
Where can I post my Pokemon related songs I've created

There is a thread for sharing your own songs and such in Culture & Media. Not sure of the title, sorry, but you should be able to figure it out once you take a look.

Years
I have a question concerning which game making route I should pursue for the type of pokemon game I want to create; wether rom hacking will afford me the creative freedom to implement the gameplay changes I plan to make or if I should shart fresh with an rpg maker. I searched the game devolpment fourms and emulation/rom hacking fourms and have not found a topic that covers the advantages/disadvantages of either technique.

I do not want to make a mistake by placing my inquiry in the wrong forum. Thank you in advance for any help and I apologize for my misdirection. : ]

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
If I were you, I'd post in the Simple Questions thread over in ROM Hacking. Tell them what you're wanting to attempt, and they'll quickly be able to tell you if it's feasible. I'd imagine you'd want to see if you could get by making your creation out of a ROM first, since development in other mediums seems a bit more flexible.

Years
More of a suggestion than a question, but I think it fits here the best anyway: Unless I didn't see after multiple times I looked for it due to being stupid/half-blind/whatever, there is no thread for minor questions not worth creating an own thread in this subforum. This one here is close, but as far as I am concerned still too specific. So, how come a thread like this doesn't exist in here? I know a common problem with these threads is that they are commonly overlooked (or purposedly ignored?) yet they exist in subforums where the probability of that happening as much higher than in this official one.
Because I really don't want to create a new thread just to ask something like "Why is there an empty space in my usertitle and it keeps reappearing when I try to remove it?". Such minor problems can bug users, or at least this example bugs me, but are in my opinion not particularly worth their own thread.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
As soon as you said that I went digging and found my own suggestion of that from a few months back. You can read through that and see the rest of the opinions on the matter but it ended rather decisively (unfortunate because I still think it's a great idea).

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
I Want to...

I Basically want to give away a Idea for a Pokémon Fan-game or even try to find a team that would help me even if I have no RPG Maker/Pokemon Starter Kit Experience (Tried it several times). In what section of Gaming Development would I be allowed to post it?

Years
Probably the beginner's lounge section of Game Development, though you should probably run the idea past Cilerba just to see if it's acceptable for posting.

Rider542

Master of the... Magikarp?
Years
Now i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but I didnt see anywhere else.
I was just wondering how to do all those fancy profile designs? I want to post a video above my profile, like miakalinas, but it wont let me because it keeps saying invalid file if i try to put it as my profile picture, and there seems to be no where else to put it.
also, I realize some people have pictures as their back ground. again, I tried formatting a picture to be big enough to cover a background but it makes it small when i put it as my profile picture, and theres no where to put it in the color customization page.
Please help, and if it helps, heres the video i want to post above my profile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZPvp-HRRYQ
Oh yeah, and if you think this should go somewhere else and want to delete it, could you please notify me first? Just cause i want time to copy paste it, it took a while to write :)

Melody

Banned
Years
Rider, I believe the functions you're looking for are not an option for you. I'm not sure exactly what tier it is, but you should probably ask a staff member via VM how much you'd have to donate to get the ability to implement background images in your profile. You CAN customize your profile, just look for the "Customize Profile" link on your own profile, but you are limited to colors only, and not images.

As for the Youtube video, you should go to http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
and scroll down to the bottom. There's a box called "Youtube URL" Take the LAST PART of the URL, the "v=" parameter, particularly what's after the v= and copy it. Next type '/v/' into the box and THEN paste the video id that you copied, that's the part after the 'v=', in after the /v/

Your link should look like this: /v/sZPvp-HRRYQ
Scroll down a bit more to the "Swap Video" option and make sure the "Yes" radio button is selected.
Hit "Save Changes"

Next you should go to http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editprofile
Scroll down to the "YouTube Video Title" field there and copy pasta the video title if you want to and fill out pertinent information. This is helpful if you decide to do something like turn off the "Swap Video" option I mentioned above to get it off the top of your profile, as it will put your video in the side bar if you do.

The second optional step is to scroll down to the "YouTube Video FMT (Quality)" box and make a choice. Enter 18 for normal quality, 22 for medium quality and 35 for highest quality available. (35 results may vary because it uses the HIGHEST quality offered on the video, and videos sometimes don't have high quality versions.

Rider542

Master of the... Magikarp?
Years
ok well, what is a staff member?
There are pc supporter, mods, and super mods, but im not really sure what each of them means...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Supporter means you donated to PC. Mod, Super Mod, and any of the Admins are all staff of PC. If you want the perks such as background image and such, you have to either be staff (not as easy as it sounds), donate money, or have someone else donate on your behalf.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Supporter means you donated to PC. Mod, Super Mod, and any of the Admins are all staff of PC. If you want the perks such as background image and such, you have to either be staff (not as easy as it sounds), donate money, or have someone else donate on your behalf.

ok well, what is a staff member?
There are pc supporter, mods, and super mods, but im not really sure what each of them means...

To go into more detail on the staff side, moderators control one section, or two (except for Sydian who has like five), depending what they're allocated to moderate. Moderator basic functions include moving threads, locking threads, deleting posts, approving threads, dealing with reports, disabling signatures, giving infractions (and banning) and optional, giving out emblems, as well as coming up with new ideas to improve their sections from time to time.

Super Moderators are the ones who control all of the forum (plus everything else listed for mods), are able to vote in HQ, and deal with the reports of the forums that don't have moderators (including dealing with visitor message reports, private message reports and adbots of any forum), or have moderators that are inactive for a short time period (or even moderators offline, depending on the urgency).

Assistant admins have basic admincp control (except one) and can also vote in HQ, all the moderator/smod functions and have more say over things than smods and mods. Staff Admins have a lot more acccess in terms of the admincp, can vote, can do all that mods do and are basically next in command under the admin Rukario. Rukario deals with all the technical things, can do all of what everyone else listed can, and pays to keep PC running each month.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Hey, Excuse me if this was asked before, but anyway...

I'd like to know, is there a section here where you can showcase your Pokemon Related products? Things like Parodies, Montages, your achievements and so on. Can this section also allow us to post Non-Pokemon related videos, Parodies, etc...?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hey, Excuse me if this was asked before, but anyway...

I'd like to know, is there a section here where you can showcase your Pokemon Related products? Things like Parodies, Montages, your achievements and so on. Can this section also allow us to post Non-Pokemon related videos, Parodies, etc...?

You're more than welcome to post either in the Pokemon General Daily Chit-Chat or the Creative Media Showcase. Keep in mind that the Creative Media Showcase isn't limited to non-Pokemon, but the Chit-Chat is limited to only talk on Pokemon. :)

Tyewatson

Poke Scholar
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
All right, I wouldn't mind knowing how many locked threads a day you guys have and how many of them get remade in the correct area or they never fit in at all.

I'm getting a little annoyed with the format that is here, yes one can say maybe you don't belong here. However I think thats a little rude and rash.

I ended up making a post that linked to other threads because of some rules saying I have to post this sort of topic into that section or else the thread would be locked. Its a little bit annoying and I don't know how it benefits anyone.

I am currently waiting for my challenge thread to show up in the Challenge section. I ended up linking up the journal thread into it, the nostalgic thread into it and the general chitchat thread into it, tried to make my own chit-chat thread so people who actually do take my challenge don't start their own mini-discussions in the general chat thread however... There wasn't any point in it. Just because of these rules that state that you can't do this and you can't do that or else we lock your thread down.

I am not even doing anything that actually damages the original forum format and rules which apply to all forums, like double posting, and deleting threads which can have a bad effect on servers. I'm just going through these rules set in place. I will follow them however I will post links to other threads just because of a rule saying you can't discuss this here and you can't make your own thread discussing it so you get to annoy the people in the general thread that was stickied and all ready made.

I actually had no idea where to post this reply seeing as its related to what this is about posting locations. Its a simple question really with a long winded explanation of the stressing behind it. Why are there so many rules that contradict threads people want to make?

Years
All right, I wouldn't mind knowing how many locked threads a day you guys have and how many of them get remade in the correct area or they never fit in at all.

I'm getting a little annoyed with the format that is here, yes one can say maybe you don't belong here. However I think thats a little rude and rash.

I ended up making a post that linked to other threads because of some rules saying I have to post this sort of topic into that section or else the thread would be locked. Its a little bit annoying and I don't know how it benefits anyone.

I am currently waiting for my challenge thread to show up in the Challenge section. I ended up linking up the journal thread into it, the nostalgic thread into it and the general chitchat thread into it, tried to make my own chit-chat thread so people who actually do take my challenge don't start their own mini-discussions in the general chat thread however... There wasn't any point in it. Just because of these rules that state that you can't do this and you can't do that or else we lock your thread down.

I am not even doing anything that actually damages the original forum format and rules which apply to all forums, like double posting, and deleting threads which can have a bad effect on servers. I'm just going through these rules set in place. I will follow them however I will post links to other threads just because of a rule saying you can't discuss this here and you can't make your own thread discussing it so you get to annoy the people in the general thread that was stickied and all ready made.

I actually had no idea where to post this reply seeing as its related to what this is about posting locations. Its a simple question really with a long winded explanation of the stressing behind it. Why are there so many rules that contradict threads people want to make?

I think you may have just misinterpreted the rules a bit. I'd be willing to bet that the part of the Challenges Rules you read about creating discussion, simply meant to be active, not to make random threads. If you want to link me to what you saw, be my guest, because I don't see anything like that in the Challenges rules. :/ I'm kinda confused by what you mean, exactly.

Locking a thread isn't a big deal. We're not going to maul you or anything.

Tyewatson

Poke Scholar
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Well the thing is, I've tried that already. I'm not misinterpreting the rules. Half the time the mods seem a little unsure and whey they are sure its something unconventional to my OP and has to be modified specifically to the rules in that sections likings liking so that certain sentences are to their own liking. Whos liking? The Moderators liking, now I am not entirely sure what the guidelines of a moderator does like what they look for or is it something they see in a sentence that makes their own head flash red?

Now I'll admit I've had 2 threads locked and one moved. I've read the rules and I tried my best to word them properly. However you guys have to go and change what the words mean for whatever reason. Challenge doesn't mean to challenge someone it has to do with playing through a game solo, mono-type etc. Hell right now I can send you the thread I proposed to the mod who apparently has to approve of my post. I have to save my posts in notepad before posting encase of it getting locked because I made a mistake. I thank the fellow who moved my one of my threads.

I have to wait now for this mod to approve of the thread I made. This isn't the first time I am posting. I was in fact told by a mod from another section to post my thread there. So that is what I am doing. I miss when these forums were simple to post in... I could have posted this way back in 2008 in the section I original posted in today...

Even the moderator of the challenges posted in that section way back when for challenges.

Here

Then heres my thread.

Here

Three years too late.

I have the revised version of the thread just encase it doesn't get approved. I don't really feel like typing it all over so I saved it in a notepad... That is what locked threads that make me really angry and frustrated and waiting for your thread to be approved by a moderator.

Can someone explain why there must be all these rules?! I've heard of rules that keep the forum in good health.

Spoiler:

These make sense. Now sectional Rules, What I have the most problem with is how the Current Generation Pokémon Gaming is set up.

Here is my suggestion of how it should probably look like instead and probably more people would post, you do not know this since it hasn't been tried before. Change is hard to try and accept.

Black and White (DS)
Across the land of Unova, filled with 156 brand new Pokémon, a new generation awaits. Black and White are the new installments to mainstream Pokémon gaming. Offering new features such as the Dream World, these games are making a mark on the Pokémon world. Here is where you can discuss all things Black and White.

Subforums: in-game team help

Fourth Generation Games (DS)
Own Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, or have the long desired and hotly anticipated remakes to their original second generation counterparts, HeartGold and SoulSilver? Whichever game you've played or are interested in, use this forum to discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Subforums: in-game team help

Here is what I would change;

Wifi Center
Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? A forum for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is for getting your team rated by your fellow members. Want to get some friend-codes or meet new people to challenge and play against with come to the friend-code thread or make your own thread to organize a group of people to play with.

Subforums: Tournaments, Wifi Help, whatever else that is related to wifi that can have its own subforum.

This isn't a crazy and stupid idea I have here and it would fit very nicely and would clean up a lot of clutter on your forums page. I am not some crazy person either. This would be very conventional. Give it a try. I just feel that having a battle and trade section is a little too much. Wi-fi is a part of the fourth and fifth generation games so its current. Some people want to meet new online friends they can chat with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back