• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well I do expect it's something worthy of the announcement. If it's just something I'll find out within 10 minutes of playing (starter evos? really?), I'll be sincerely disappointed.

In fact, I'm not expecting anything X/Y related, but a new game altogether.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
If Mewtwo has a second form, what is so big about that?

I never said that a new Mewtwo form could be the scoop of the century, I just asked if that is true or not, tho I shouldn't have asked it here and I'm sorry. xD

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
silhouette.jpg

Anyone remember this thing? "The well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration." That's what I think the new scoop will be. If it was X/Y related, you think the original X/Y announcement back in January would've been the scoop of the century.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
silhouette.jpg

Anyone remember this thing? "The well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration." That's what I think the new scoop will be. If it was X/Y related, you think the original X/Y announcement back in January would've been the scoop of the century.

I think that's already been revealed as some kind of horse solitaire. The "well known game, played all around the world" is probably referring to the solitaire.

Here's a link: Solitiba

I hope the scoop is something good. If it's just starter evolutions or something, I think I'll be disappointed.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
silhouette.jpg

They already announced that game, its solitaire and horseback riding

Warship

異議あり!
Years
What if it is about releasing more than one type? :P

gold and silver did the same and it wasnt called "scoop of the century" so i dont think its that.i dont have a certain idea but whatever it is its either a bluff or something that might impact the series altogether so i dont think its just a new forme of a pokemon or evolutions and stuff. in other words i think it will also affect other generations rather than only gen 6.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I think that's already been revealed as some kind of horse solitaire. The "well known game, played all around the world" is probably referring to the solitaire.

Here's a link: Solitiba

I hope the scoop is something good. If it's just starter evolutions or something, I think I'll be disappointed.

They already announced that game, its solitaire and horseback riding

lol I am way out of the loop. Looks like my guess was wrong...

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Personally, I think it will be a branched Vanillite evolution with 3 different coloured Vanillite fusing together and its name will be a pun on Neapolitan and Napoleon (since Kalos is based on France!). A new ice-cream based Pokemon would definitely be the biggest scoop!

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I notice that people are expecting way to much. Some say that they will be disapointed if they reveal the starter evolutions or another mewtwo form or even another type.
Why would you be disapointed by that? If they didn't say it was the "scoop of the century", you would be very very very happy with any of those.

Just don't expect some kind of life changing news. just be happy with what they'll give

WishCookie

Years
gold and silver did the same and it wasnt called "scoop of the century" so i dont think its that.i dont have a certain idea but whatever it is its either a bluff or something that might impact the series altogether so i dont think its just a new forme of a pokemon or evolutions and stuff. in other words i think it will also affect other generations rather than only gen 6.

Well so if it wasn't called scoop of the century? It could still be called scoop of the century even if it is a new type revealed + with the actual highlight that maybe none even expected.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I've heard some things by searching the internet that may or may not be true, such as Fletchling evolving at level 14 to Talonflame and later evolving to Scorchawk at some undisclosed level or there being another Eeveelution called Toxeon that would be super effective against Sylveon. They probably aren't true, but it's interesting to think about.

Years
I've heard some things by searching the internet that may or may not be true, such as Fletchling evolving at level 14 to Talonflame and later evolving to Scorchawk at some undisclosed level or there being another Eeveelution called Toxeon that would be super effective against Sylveon. They probably aren't true, but it's interesting to think about.

This has been proven false a couple weeks ago. The "IAMTHELEAKER" character, much like Mr.XY, revealed that he had made up the massive leak. And let me tell ya, he had a lot of holes in his story.

Make sure to check Serebii for the list of rumors that are unconfirmed as well as confirmed false. They also have the same for fake corocoro scans.

WishCookie

Years

Toxeon was fake. It was leaked or made up by pokemonjungle.com.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Maybe something like an Online Pokemon League, I remember when I used to watch the anime that was the biggest event. I really don't know how they could organized something like this but who knows anything can happen.

Years
I honestly think by "scoop of the century" they just mean a ton of information, as opposed to the previous months (which I still found revealed quite a bit)

Maybe instead of like 4-5 pokes, and a gym leader or something revealed, it'll be like. . 10 pokes and two towns and a new NPC or something. I'm still pretty ok with that if they do it though. Fingers crossed for evo's of older pokemon being revealed though haha

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
That's what I'm hoping for. Possibly a group of brand new Pokémon then another group of pre-evolutions/evolutions. I can't see them releasing anymore Gym Leaders, but I agree thinking a NPC or two, then probably an antagonist. Then another town/city with further information on Grant and Clemont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back