• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Besides obvious things like shinies and good Wonder Trades...

I frequently challenged my Chespin by having him take on my rival Serena's entire time by himself without using items. He was able to succeed most of the time, but failed during the final rival battle which mattered the most. When it turned out there was one last rival battle post story mode, I really wanted him to prove himself... and he did, but it was only because Pokemon Amie allowed him to dodge 2 supereffective attacks in a row. Probably the only time that I actually enjoyed getting hax entire story mode.

Although examples of the obvious things would be randomly hatching a shiny and receiving a Kee Berry and a few 5 IV good nature pokemon on WT.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hatching a shiny cyndaquil under 20 eggs and catching a shiny charmeleon :D

Hatching a shiny cyndaquil under 20 eggs and catching a shiny charmeleon :D

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
One of my luckiest moments was when, well, I first started to play the game as soon as I got my copy of Pokemon X on release date. ;) Sounds maybe a bit too cliche, but then, all the nostalgia came back again and I haven't felt this way before back when I was a kid and Pokemon was "everything" back then :3

Also, I decided back in january last year, when Pokemon X/Y were announced and the starters were revealed, that I wanted to go with Fennekin, and I still stick with her! ^_^ i really wanted to have a shiny one as well, and after DAYS of hatching eggs, patience, perseverance and some luck, I was in absolute heaven when that cute little shiny Fennek appeared on my screen after hatching 458 Eggs! Now, it's one of my most trusted partners as a shiny Delphox! =^o^=

I will remember this moment forever... :3

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
When I encountered Yvetal in Pokemon Y, I didn't know when I could save and went straight into battle. I thought I would have trouble catching but I would try my best!!!... I just lowered its health down and caught it on my second great ball. Very lucky if you ask me.

Another lucky moment is when I received a level 63 Japanese Xerneas (even more lucky for me as I have Y version).

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
One of my happiest and luckiest moments is catching a shiny Luxio in Friend Safari. Finally, a shiny I will actually use in a team.

By the way, here is my proof, and Zorro is my male Zangoose (not related to this moment, but Zangoose is also another lucky moment for me), which I use for catching other Pokemon (with False Swipe)
Spoiler:

anyone curious - Zangoose was a special catch for me. Quick Story:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
I would say that something really lucky that happened was that i was in the friend safari, and i was about to start shiny hunting in this friend safari and after 5 random encounters i got a shiny Luxio, which is evolved into a shiny Luxray now! this is even luckier to me because this was the pokemon out of the 3 that i wanted shiny and i got it!!

Years
The fact I found and caught a shiny Remoraid exactly a week after I caught a shiny Clauncher. I was actually trying to look for another Pokemon when I fished up the Remoraid. It's odd that it's only halfway through the month and I already have 3 shinies in X.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
...Getting a Squirtle, Zygarde and a Gengar in the same day, within approx. 4-5 hours - through Wonder Trade. :)

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
JUST CAUGHT A SHINY RED GYARADOS!!!
cannot wait to see what shiny mega gyarados looks like! cannot believe the luck i am having with shinies in this game :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
JUST CAUGHT A SHINY RED GYARADOS!!!
cannot wait to see what shiny mega gyarados looks like! cannpot believe the luck i am having with shinies in this game :)

Congratulations! I'm already jealous... I haven't encountered any shiny after 2 months, kind of sad.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Nintendo did a good job on the shiny rate for this game. Obtainable, but still requires a bit of work.

Years
Yesterday I finally got a dragon safari with Dragonair in it (one of my top three that I was going for along with Ponyta and Eevee) and just a few minutes ago I was able to encounter a shiny Dragonair! When it popped up on the screen I was saying "Please be a girl! Please be a girl!" and it was!! I now have the shiny female Dragonair I've been dreaming of! ^_^

Also, earlier today I got a shiny stone from super training and used it to evolve one of my shiny female Minccinos into a shiny Cinccino! <3 Totally adorable!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
In a battle against my friend, my last pokemon my Charizard Y, swept through his Greninja, mega Aggron and Dragonite with half HP. No clue how I did it, I was for sure I was done for.

Back