• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO]: Rate/Improve my HERO deck

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
I am currently running an Elemental Hero deck focusing around Absolute Zero and Acid's effects. So far results from testing the deck have been good but not great. That's where you guys come in. Please help me improve this deck and make it better.

Quick sidenote: I don't run Neos Alius in this deck and don't plan to. This also means that no Gemini Sparks are included in this deck. Keep that in mind when reviewing this deck. Thanks!

Monsters (10):

Elemental Hero Bubbleman x3
Elemental Hero Ocean x3
Elemental Hero Stratos x1
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1
King of the Swamp x2

Spells (20):

Book of Moon x1
Dark Hole x1
E - Emergency Call x2
Heavy Storm x1
Mask Change x3
Mind Control x1
Miracle Fusion x2
Monster Reborn x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Polymerization x2
Pot of Avarice x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1
Salvage x1
Super Polymerization x1

Traps (10):

Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2
Dimensional Prison x2
Solemn Judgment x1
Solemn Warning x2
Torrential Tribute x1

TOTAL: 40

Extra (15):

Elemental Hero Absolute Zero x3
Elemental Hero Escurtidao x1
Elemental Hero Gaia x1
Elemental Hero Great Tornado x1
Elemental Hero Nova Master x1
Elemental Hero The Shining x1
Masked Hero Acid x3

Blade Armor Ninja x1
Heroic Champion - Excalibur x1
Maestroke the Sympony Djinn x1
Photon Papilloperative x1

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
You look like you know what you're doing, so I'm just here to offer the following pieces of advice:

It's harder to run a monster-light deck without the recursive advantage that Neos Alius offers (with Hero Blast and Gemini Spark), and Ocean is not really strong enough as a beatstick. You might want to run different / more Heroes and / or other monsters to help remedy this. I can see Mask Change leading to some supremely glorious dead draws. Also, Polymerization is pretty bad (but you knew this already, play A Hero Lives instead?) - I know you're running a King of the Swamp engine thing but yeaaaaah no.

Last edited:
Years
Agreed with Cirrus. I can see what you are trying to do, but I personally think you have the wrong cards for it.

I use to play a lot of different HERO decks, so I like to think I know a bit about them! :3
I think you should scrap the Polymerization for Fusion Gate, as it is much more broken in HERO's. You could play Gate HEROs with a water twist, then you can keep your Mask Changes and abuse Ab Zero and Acid, because Ab Zero is so broken.​

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
Okay, so I've updated my decklist taking into consideration the above suggestions. I've also added a few cards to the deck.

3 Bubbleman
3 Neos Alius (I really didn't want to run him but...)
2 Ocean (I had to cut him and the two King of the Swamp for Alius)
1 Stratos
1 Evocator Chevalier (another Gemini Spark target and Fire attribute for Nova Master)
1 Gorz

1 A Hero Lives
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
2 E - Call
2 Fusion Gate
2 Gemini Spark
1 Heavy Storm
2 Mask Change
2 Miracle Fusion
1 Monster Reborn
2 MST
2 Parallet World Fusion
1 RotA

1 Bottomless
2 Compulsory Evac Device
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Hero Blast
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning

The Extra deck is the same (excluding 11 Acid for 1 The Shining)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
I probably wouldn't run too many Ocean or Chevalier, and Card Car D can be helpful in their place. Cards like Pot of Duality, the third Miracle Fusion, the third Gemini Spark, another copy of Hero Blast, another copy of A Hero Lives, copies of Torrential Tribute, and your other copy of Bottomless would all be great additions - try to make your deck more consistently powerful instead of playing powerful-but-limited cards like Mask Change or Parallel World Fusion (though Parallel World Fusion can be the right choice sometimes, Mask Change is usually not).

Well actually it really depends on if you want to play more Alive HERO or Gate / Parallel World. There are merits for both, though I personally prefer Alive HERO.

Last edited:
Years
I prefer Alive HERO, as it explodes so much quicker than others.

How come you didn't want to run the spark engine? It is so good and causes so many headaches for your opponent it is funny!​

Back