• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Forest Green

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Ruby Hack: Pokémon Forest Green (mapping resumed 1/9/10)

I hope this hack actually STRIVES this time. I have quitted EVERY hack I've done. I think I can do it now. So without further ado, I present to you....

POKéMON Forest Green

ROM Base: PKMN Ruby
Hacks Main Legendary: Celebi, Darkrai

Plot:

50 years ago, in an unknown reigon, a storm was brewing, called the DARK STORM. Darkrai, the legend of darkness, came out. Luckilly, Celebi, from the past, came and sent Darkrai through a time journey. Everyone was thankful.

25 years later, Darkrai arrives, sucking everything (and one) into it's Dark Void. Diagla took care of it with a mighty Roar - of - Time.

Present, it comes to your reigon, sucking up everything (and one) again. This time, it's NOT the evil teams, except for one. Team 'Void, as they are called. They want to use the Dark Crystal (from PR2) and harness the power, thus making Darkrai their's.

You are a 12 yr old boy or girl in the Greentops reigon, in the town of Forresto Town.
Stop, catch, battle and explore as you try to find Celebi and defeat Team 'Void and Darkrai! If not, darkness can expand all over the reigon, causing bad things (like voids o_O) popping up, because Team Void has the Dark Crystal!

Will you stop Darkrai and Team 'Void or be sucked in into the void?

Backstories and Main Charaters (suggested by Shaymew!)
(Main Characters)
You
Your Rival
Darkrai
Team Void Grunts
Team Void's boss, Shade
Team Void's commander, Darth
Legends (Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Regi Trio)
Professor Tim

(Backstories)
Your Rival: A 12 year old kid like you, he is more......gutsy? than you. Always aiming for the best place and beating you, he is determined to get the Dark Crystal to give it the Professor.

Darkrai: Darkrai came from somewhere in the past, looking for energy. If it has to, it will use Dark Void on somebody.

TVG's: These group of teenagers joined the Team Void Team when they found out that their teacher (TVB) had the rare and Powerful Dark Crystal.

Finsh these later.

FEATURES~

Sinnoh Pkmn
New Reigon
New Plot and Sprites
New Starters!
New Evil Team!
New Gym Leaders
Catch all 363 pokemon left (23 sinnoh Pokemon)
1 fakemon
New TMS
Bigger (and better) Cities

SCREENSHOTS~

PokemonForrestGreen_06.png

PokemonForrestGreen_05.png

PokemonForrestGreen_03.png

PokemonForrestGreen_02.png

PokemonForrestGreen_09.png

PokemonForrestGreen_08.png

PokemonForrestGreen_07.png

PokemonForrestGreen_06-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_05-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_04-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_03-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_02-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_02-2.png

PokemonForrestGreen_01-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_01-2.png

PokemonForrestGreen_01.png

Video's
None yet.... MIGHT COME TODAY! (Screenshot and Gameplay Vid!)

I hope you Love my hack! I have good sprite insertion skills so.....

I need team members for:

Map Inserter
Title Screen Hacker
Spriter (Can do)
Mapper (Can do)
Scripter (some I can do)
Music Inserter and
Tile Inserter.

Thanks!

Userbars:
None..... I need someone to make some!

Starters:
Cyndaquil,Turtwig,Squirtle

More Infos~
Game progress:
Spriting: 60%
Mapping: 20%
Scripting: 5%
Tile Editing: 0%
World Map insert: 0%
Overworlds: 50%

Programs Used:
AdvanceMap
YAPE
A-Trainer
PokePic
XSE
unlzGBA
VisualBoy Advance
Lunar IPS
PET

Thanks to:
HackMew- making his programs
loadingNOW: making PokePic
interdepth: Making PET
FuSoYa: Making Lunar IPS
The VISUALBOY CREATORS: Making VisualBoy Advance (They should make a Visual NDS and a Viusal NDSi)
You: For playing and supporting and what not.

Name:
TrainerType (No Rivals)
Pokemon (No Shinies)
Where? (put in rte number of orignal Ruby)

Thank You!

Last edited:

Skystrike

Years
I have put in Notched Ear Pichu! It will be very rare, maybe in a SBPE, (Special Beta Pokemon Event) at Level 30. I'm changing to FR so I can write Wild PKMN scripts.

Cities/Towns/Routes/Others
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Screenshots of some Pokemon Insertations:

Fakemon Notched Ear PIKACHU TM Sinno™
Notched Ear Pichu - TM Nintendo and The Pokemon Company
Spoiler:

Thats the Update - update 1!

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
I have put in Notched Ear Pichu! It will be very rare, maybe in a SBPE, (Special Beta Pokemon Event) at Level 30. I'm changing to FR so I can write Wild PKMN scripts.

Cities/Towns/Routes/Others
Spoiler:

Screenshots of some Pokemon Insertations:

Fakemon Notched Ear PIKACHU TM
Sinno™
Notched Ear Pichu - TM Nintendo and The Pokemon Company
Spoiler:

Thats the Update - update 1!

Nice hack, I love the story of it, keep this alive! About the update, why does Pikachu also have a notched ear? Did you use the HGSS sprite of the Notched Ear Pichu?

Skystrike

Years
Nice hack, I love the story of it, keep this alive! About the update, why does Pikachu also have a notched ear? Did you use the HGSS sprite of the Notched Ear Pichu?
I used it's Notched Ear on Pikachu, making a Notched Ear Pikachu. I did that with Pichu, too.

Skystrike

Years
Ok! Next update will include ALOT of things.......and I will try to keep this alive. I need help, though!

I'll make a rough map of the reigon!

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
Years
Review

STORY
The story is quite nice, but I would suggest giving more important characters. A must (at least for me) is developing back story. WHY do you want to go and fight team Void? WHY is darkrai attacking?
The main thing I hated about pokemon GRBY... No reason really to fight team rocket, except for that they just happened to be there.
Give more reason than just (O well I decided to just save the world :D)
Were you hired? Did they do something very personal to you? Did they attack you? Did they kidnap your friend? Even if it is just a random decision to save the world, what is your motivation for saving it?
SPRITES
NICE spriting for the notched ear pichu. I still dont know how to do backsprites.....
Region Stuff...
Name is...well not that good IMO. And the first city I do not think is that creative either. Go with tree names from certain climates or something like that. If there is an ice Town, it could be like Taiga Village and stuff like that...

Now that most of my review is done....to other stuff!

I might be able to make some user bars.....but thats about all. If you need story help you can PM me and I will try to help but I am normally REALLY busy with Science Olympiad....

I would do mapping because this is the most intresting hack I have seen in the scrapbox for a while, but once again too busy.

Hack looks nice, the names could use some work and you could post more story, but thats about all I have to say for now. I look forward to the release of a beta :D

Skystrike

Years
STORY
The story is quite nice, but I would suggest giving more important characters. A must (at least for me) is developing back story. WHY do you want to go and fight team Void? WHY is darkrai attacking?
The main thing I hated about pokemon GRBY... No reason really to fight team rocket, except for that they just happened to be there.
Give more reason than just (O well I decided to just save the world :D)
Were you hired? Did they do something very personal to you? Did they attack you? Did they kidnap your friend? Even if it is just a random decision to save the world, what is your motivation for saving it?
SPRITES
NICE spriting for the notched ear pichu. I still dont know how to do backsprites.....
Region Stuff...
Name is...well not that good IMO. And the first city I do not think is that creative either. Go with tree names from certain climates or something like that. If there is an ice Town, it could be like Taiga Village and stuff like that...

Now that most of my review is done....to other stuff!

I might be able to make some user bars.....but thats about all. If you need story help you can PM me and I will try to help but I am normally REALLY busy with Science Olympiad....

I would do mapping because this is the most intresting hack I have seen in the scrapbox for a while, but once again too busy.

Hack looks nice, the names could use some work and you could post more story, but thats about all I have to say for now. I look forward to the release of a beta :D
Ahh, thanks. The names will be changed......

UPDATE 2

Beta Date Realsed!: 01/03/10
Beta will include: 5 towns, 2 gyms.

Region Map Realsed!

(Rest of Update coming soon!)

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Why not name the hack Pokemon: Dark Void??? To me it sounds much cooler (no offense) . . . . ;)

Skystrike

Years
Update 2 (continued)
More Sprites inserted, and the first town revaled!

PokemonForrestGreen_08.png

PokemonForrestGreen_07.png

PokemonForrestGreen_06-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_05-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_04-1.png

PokemonForrestGreen_02-1.png

All Gym Leaders:
1st: Waven: Water type
2nd: Cooper: Steel
3rd: Duke: Dragon type
4th: Penny: Psychic
5th: Trellis: Grass
6th: Darden: Dark
7th:Tate & Liza: Ghost
8th: Anthony (Golden Silver): Fire & Bug

E4 and CHAMP:
Rocke: Rock&Ground
Sean: Fighting
Naomi:Normal
Icicle: Ice

CHAMP: Red, the PKMN Trainer (Various)

Frontier Brain: Anthony (Golden Silver) Random

Thanks! Reigon map coming soon!

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
awwww....you replaced treeko :(

if u wanna insert new pokemon it's wise if you take a look at how to do it WITHOUT replacing others :)

Skystrike

Years
*Needs Help!* HELP!!!!! Inquire Here! I'm making the maps, scrpits and whatnot now. Should I make a 2nd game named "Pokemon Blazing Red?" or something else?

Years
Dear me...
My friend, you should focus on getting this hack out of the scrapbox and into Progressing Hacks. Never mind about another hack, think about that when you've finished this one- whether or not a sequel is appropriate. Right now, you've just over a month to get this hack moved, otherwise it'll be deleted with the Scrapbox.
And watch your sprite insertion. They're fine mostly, but the Cyndaquil backsprite is clearly sliced in half, which doesn't look very good. Try to resize it, then re-insert it. Failing that, use the default Cyndaquil backsprite.
Good luck. I hope you get enough done to make it to Progressing Hacks.

Skystrike

Years
Dear me...
My friend, you should focus on getting this hack out of the scrapbox and into Progressing Hacks. Never mind about another hack, think about that when you've finished this one- whether or not a sequel is appropriate. Right now, you've just over a month to get this hack moved, otherwise it'll be deleted with the Scrapbox.
And watch your sprite insertion. They're fine mostly, but the Cyndaquil backsprite is clearly sliced in half, which doesn't look very good. Try to resize it, then re-insert it. Failing that, use the default Cyndaquil backsprite.
Good luck. I hope you get enough done to make it to Progressing Hacks.
Thanks. I VMed Christos about it.

Sprite Updates/Screenshots

PokemonForrestGreen_01.png

Back