• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

yo, check out my fast internet speedz, man.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
yet another "what's your internet speed?" thread, fabulously revived.

Everywhere, around the world, every internet speed is different. Some have very fast internet, while others are waiting for PC to load, or a download of 15 MB may probably take a year for them to finish. Every household is different in terms of the internet, and it all depends on the company.

Some companies "offer" fast internet, but oftentimes it does not meet our expectations (I'm looking at you, AT&T).

Share your internet speeds right here! Go to Speedtest.net, and click "Begin Test", and it should take you less than one minute of your time. Post your results by copying the forum code and paste it on this thread.

Some optional questions:
Does your internet meet your "fast" expectations? Are you satisfied?

oh btw, feel free to post more than once but not more than once a day!

Last edited:
Years
I guess I can say that I love my internet. It's stable and reliable, and for this being a wifi connection from over 40 feet from the source, I love it. I've had FiOS for nearly 3 years now, and I was completely stunned the day I got it. It made Verizon DSL look like the stone age of internet usage to me when I first did a speedtest on FiOS in 2010.

2839821466.png

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years

Some more upload speed would be nice. But hey, I'm only paying 30 bucks a month for this and cable together so I can't complain.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My internet is the best around here. I hope FiOS gets here eventually u_u We pay $53 a month for this.

It's not the fastest, but it's pretty good actually.

Guest123_x1

I know, I know, we're all supposed to be racing further and further to "catch up" with the rest of the world*. At this point, I'll take anything over dial-up, even if it's just 1Mb. I think my result is pretty good, despite Frontier's reputation everywhere else.

(*Last time I got a similar result, it was C-. Eventually, this same speed will be an F-!)

As for the line quality:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
So, this happened while I was in the library a while ago...

2645071322.png

weep ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

edit: that was totally off-topic. 8D To comment on my normal internet, it depends on where I'm living. Right now it's just fine for my needs - rocks up at somewhere around 20Mb/s I think which is totally fine for most anything I need to do.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ok here goes.

It's alright I guess. It's not the best but it gets the job done pretty well. From time to time it can be slow as heck though. We can't afford much else so it's works for me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm becoming a bit disappointed in my speeds. Since the majority of my neighborhood has Time Warner, then that means someone around me is downloading a bunch of crap...and lots of it.

I pay $55 a month for silly cable internet that goes down at random times too. >_>

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

A bit better, but it is 9am so there is less network congestion than peak time like I posted last time. It's responsive and generally I don't have a problem with my internet.

TY

Well i tried to do it several times (with my laptop overheating also several times) and here it is:

2852605410.png

Not suprised at all...

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years

Well this is pretty rare... my download speed is lower than my upload speed, lawl.

It may be not the best, but it's fine for me. The only site I have problems with is YouTube, I sometimes need to refresh the page like 5 times, but I think it's not my internet that's the problem.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
2853433688.png

... yeah I think I failed. :D Any ideas how to improve? Or new laptop time hehe.

Back