• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Battle Frontier!

Honest

Hi!
Years
this feels unbelievingly awkward...

Obviously specific to Emerald, since out of the three Generation 3 games, only Emerald had the Battle Frontier. For those people whom it's been a long time since playing the games, here is a Bulbapedia link describing the seven battle facilities.

The question is simple: which battle facility/facilities is/are your favorite, and why?

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Favorite: Battle Factory

Man, do I get thrilled when I play the factory. This facility really does test your Pokemon intelligence and knowlegde of the game. The Knowledge Symbol is one I wear very proudly on my trainer card.

You have to KNOW the game or else you will fail. The element of luck/RNG is present here, but for good things to come you need to play the game right. You have to know Pokemon's abilities, tendencies, stats and how they fare against other Pokemon. What separates the Factory from the rest of the Frontier places is that the Pokemon are provided for you. You don't need to be a robot breeding/grinding/resetting for perfect Pokemon because that is done for you. You have to figure out which Pokes are good enough just by looking at them in battle.

As you progress through the Factory, you find that the strategies get more and more complex. To the average trainer, some Pokemon look utterly useless with average stats. An intelligent trainer knows exactly what some of these Pokemon are used for and where they flourish. You'll find that hyper-offensive Pokemon (Scizor, Aerodactyl, etc.) are stopped right in their tracks by teams that use actual strategy.

Case in point: Mr. Mime. His stats are nothing great besides Special Attack, but he can be used in an array of techniques. I love the Skill Swap/Swagger/Baton Pass set because it confuses the opponent AND passes a big boost to your sweeper Pokemon.

I have won Gold here and only here because I have no patience for IVing and EVing to be honest. In addition, the Battle Factory is a good preparation for Competitive Pokemon, which was improving steadily from Gen 3 onwards.

It is tons of fun to wreck other trainers with awesome Rental Pokemon and to outsmart the opponent with your master strats. Anyone who calls themself a Pokemon Master should have the Knowlegde Symbol.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
290px-Battle_Frontier_Map.png

The Battle Frontier is a special post-Pokémon League area in Pokémon Emerald that features several arenas where powerful Trainers can battle each other.
The Battle Frontier replaces the Battle Tower in its location south of Route 130, and likewise is only accessible by taking the S.S. Tidal from Lilycove City or Slateport City. Unlike the plain Battle Tower in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, as well, each of the facilities in the Battle Frontier has a leader, the Frontier Brain, who may be challenged after certain winning streaks have been made through their respective facilities.

300px-Battle_Frontier_E.png

Game view

As you know -

Upon the player's first entry into Hoenn's Battle Frontier, their Trainer Card will be upgraded into a Frontier Pass by a woman at the entrance. This pass holds the Trainer Card, as well as a small map of the Battle Frontier and the player's records with the Frontier. Saved-up Battle Points, or BP, are listed, as are any of the seven Frontier Symbols the player has won. One battle from within one of the facilities may be recorded and stored on the Frontier Pass, which may be watched or overwritten with another at any time.
On winning through a set amount of battles in any given facility, Battle Points will be awarded, usually in small amounts, but gradually growing through each consecutive streak. Defeating the Frontier Brain of a given facility for the first time awards the silver Symbol of that facility, as well as 10BP, while the second defeat of the same Brain gives the Symbol a golden color and the player another 10BP. The Frontier Brain will only appear in 3-vs-3 single battle mode.
No two Pokémon entered can hold the same item, though all items are allowed to be held (even if they would have no particular reason for being held). Items cannot be used from the Bag during battle. Battles conducted here do not award experience or money. Any Pokémon can be entered for battle, accepted legendaries.

300px-Battle_Tower_E.png

Battle_Tower_hallway_E.png

300px-Battle_Palace_E.png

Battle_Factory_E.png

300px-Battle_Pyramid_E.png

Battle_Dome_E.png

Battle_Arena_E.png

Battle_Pike_E.png

Record_Hall_E.png

My like -

My favorite is Battle tower because is the most standard of the facilities. Like before, it features a standard 3-vs-3 single or 4-vs-4 Double Battle format, with straight runs of 7 Trainers that get progressively more powerful as the player goes on.
At the 35th and 70th battle, five and ten runs through, respectively, Salon Maiden Anabel, the Frontier Brain, appears. If she is defeated, she awards the Ability Symbol.
All multiplayer functions found in Ruby and Sapphire are retained, as well. For a detailed description of these, see Battle Tower (Hoenn). Through a glitch, players may exploit the Battle Tower in Emerald to clone their Pokémon. And there are many and many features to enjoy. Without any lakes it make my favorite one in Battle Frontier.

Years
I've always loved the rental facility since it meant I could use tons of different Pokemon without having to train them up myself. That and having no automatic level scaling in third gen meant it was hard for me to use Pokemon I'd raised as if they go beyond the required level they're unusable.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I've always loved the rental facility since it meant I could use tons of different Pokemon without having to train them up myself. That and having no automatic level scaling in third gen meant it was hard for me to use Pokemon I'd raised as if they go beyond the required level they're unusable.

Yeah your are right. We can use tons of different Pokemon ourselves. Yeah me too sometime i take my Pokemon to lvl 60 or something then i got no strong Pokemon left. Cause LVL 60 can't enter in a battle i want. And i don't have 50. Many things happen and stops me.

Years
My favorite:
The Battle Pyramid.

When I first got the Gold Brave Symbol, I actually thought I was the first one in the world to finish it.
I finished it at 6/14/05 or June 14, 2005, when I was four. (That seems a little impossible, isn't it?)

It seems like at THAT age, my predictions in the Battle Pyramid are correct; I was never mistaken there.
I made my way through the trainers without Competitive Battling.

Years
I really enjoyed battling in the Battle Dome for some odd reason, even though I've never encountered Tucker. I guess I just enjoyed seeing myself on some sort of bracket :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally liked Battle Factory. Back when I had Emerald, I used to spend hours battling there. Unfortunately though, I never got to beat Noland; he was way too tough for me. xD I liked Battle Pike too, and also Battle Palace.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I personally liked Battle Factory. Back when I had Emerald, I used to spend hours battling there. Unfortunately though, I never got to beat Noland; he was way too tough for me. xD I liked Battle Pike too, and also Battle Palace.

Me too when i was 11 -15 but later my Mind changed to Battle tower. For its great Tile design and great features.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really enjoyed the Battle Pike and Pyramid. I'll forever hate Factory because it just keeps showing up in all the Frontiers after Emerald's, lol.

But yeah, I like the luck aspect and design of Pike. Plus I actually got a...whatever it is you get from them. I don't battle much and I'm not a huge fan of Frontiers, so you'll all have to forgive me lmao. And Pyramid is fun because it feels adventurous. The music definitely helps give that atmosphere, as well.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Battle Pike has a great design well. But battle tower can beat its everything but not design. Well Battle tower didn't list in good designs list but it surely in the no 1 in the list of Features.

Years
I spent a majority of my time in the Battle Factory and Battle Pike, both of which I got to the Frontier Brain on numerous occasions, but could never beat them.

I somehow remember my the 4 main Pokemon I would rotate when doing the level 50 Battle Pike (Golbat, Banette, Hariyama and Claydol), mostly because I couldn't be bothered to train any other Pokemon to exactly level 50. I'm sure if I were to go back and try it now, I'd have much fewer problems beating it.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
For some reason, I really liked the Battle Dome and the Battle Factory :) Had some great times there ^_^

I also liked the idea of battling against the "Frontier Brains" at a certain times, even though defeating them was a pain most of the time X)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
Hmmm I really like the battle pikee becauae of the whole Seviper set up. And it took a while to get it but idk if I couls play long enough due to outside forces to be blazing throufh BF in. Emerald

Pinta77

So I never had my own emerald version :( but I did play both of my brothers emerald version. When I was younger, I thought the battle frontier was kinda boring but I always thought it was fun to try to get sudowoodo and smeargle.

And the battle facility shaped like seviper has to be my favorite just because it's shaped like seviper.

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
Battle Frontier is great for the music, wild pokemons here (Sudowoodo and Smeargles)
The BF Facility which is greatest (by mine) is:Battle Dome!
Even I still not enconter Tucker until now.
Even, I'm not getting any symbols yet!

Oh, yes I like Battle Dome is because:

• Predictable opponent pokemon.
  • The Supporter.It will increase if you won.
  • The Usage of held berries/mental herb will replenished after battle.

Sirfetch’d

Definitely the rental one!(my mind cannot remember the name right now :'() I enjoyed randomly being given Pokemon that you know nothing about and having to strategically use them in a battle. Sorta like a randbat ingame :D

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I recently battled Battle pike again. This time it was a little different i didn't got to fight The leader as i beaten up before i could reach to the leader. Now i am trying to get the all way up in Battle tower.

Back